PDA

View Full Version : Hey Posthole

jb
02-06-2013, 03:35 PM
#2 is working for two weeks in Austin for some big communications company, he told me the name but at my age things like that don't last long in the memory.
What's that town like?

BarryBobPosthole
02-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Austin is really a nice town. Its a bit bigger than I like but you have to take the good with the bad. If he's into live music, there's plenty to be had down on 6th street, which is the main strip where a lot of places offer live music. My old favorite hangout there was Joe's Generic Bar on sixth street but I think the owner got murdered and they closed the bar after he died. It was one of the best blues bars I've ever been in.

some of the sites around Austin are good too. If he's staying right downtown, I'd encourage him to go see the bridge bats. they migrate in early March so I'm not sure if he'll be there then or not. I will tell you, it's something to see. Just have him ask anyone around there if they're there or not. Tell him to eat at Chuy's for great mexican. County Line BBQ for BBQ is the best I sampled there (although it's Texas bbq). If he's up to getting a little farther out of town, I'd recommend a trip down to San Marcos or to Gruene, Tx in the hill country. Both are nice little towns with good places to eat and some interesting sights to see.

He ought to like it. Its a great place to visit. I used to go down there every week when I telecommuted for a company based there. Its changed a bit since then I'm sure. Probably grown a lot. SXSW is their big music festival and its in early March. If he could time it for then he'd see some sights and sounds for sure. Its crazy there then.

BKB

Buckrub
02-07-2013, 04:11 PM
It's also full of orange Texicans.