PDA

View Full Version : Damn damn damn damn DAMN!!! Stupid bowling!

LJ3
02-06-2013, 10:41 PM
So, my company has a bowling league. It's a fun after work thing to do once a week. I've gotten pretty good over the years and carry ~165'ish average. Tonight I was in the zone... started off with a turkey (3 strikes in a row) which is great and not very common.. I rolla couple more strikes and I'm in the zone. No thinking, just releasing the ball and nailing the picket dead on.

When this has happened previously, I stop looking at the scoreboard and just focus on releasing the ball like I always do so as not to headfuck myself out of a good game.

So I'm thru the 6th frame and all strikes. I pick up my ball for the 7th frame and people stop looking at me now, nobody wants to jinx it for me.

I try to just stop thinking and roll the ball, strike!

Start of the 8th frame, people are starting to move away from me and I can "feel" people watching... release, strike!

My teammates won't look me in the eye, nobody is saying anything and I can see people pointing my direction and stopping what they're doing... watching me. Pressure mounts, it gets real quiet... 9th frame, 4 steps... release, STRIKE!

Quiet chatter and quiet golf claps now. I hear whispering, everyone has stopped bowling and is watching me now.

10th frame... everyone has moved away from me, nobody will look at me, I look to the sides of me and people quickly turn away... some sort of freakish bowling voodoo, nobody wants to be "the guy" that throws me off the perfect game...

I bust out laughing and yell "come ON PEOPLE, I'm not DEAD!!!"

10th frame, bring the ball up, 4 steps, no thinking, just releasing, same spin, same hook, nails the pocket. Pins just wash away like on TV, STRIKE!

Two strikes away from the perfect game, never happened to me before. I've never even been close!

The whole friggin bowling alley is watching me now, my entire league, the guys at the desk, the other league and other bowlers. My moment of fame... just focus on releasing the ball the same way I always do... release is good... ball passes thru the oil, scoots out to the dry edge, grabs the lane and heads to the pocket. I little rush of adrenaline I had at my release outs a couple extra revolutions on the ball and the hooke grabs faster, hits the backside of the pocket and...

SPLIT! Heheheheh, fuck me!

It was a cool experience though. It was fun. I finished with a 285, missed the perfect 300 game by a hair. I got high fives, handshakes and all kinds of fun stuff. I've never had an experience like that before where everyone quietly becomes involved what you're doing.

Purt cool.

And yes, I have no life :)

And if you don't go bowling, you've never had real french fries :headbang:headbang:headbang

Chicken Dinner
02-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Cough, coughchokingdog, cough...

Captain
02-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Pretty cool Len!
It's been years since I've bowled, but always enjoyed it.
Congrats. I would have never gotten that far....
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Niner
02-07-2013, 12:38 AM
I haven't bowled since the kids were in elementary school. My knees made me quit.
That is pretty awesome my friend!!!!

And thanks for using the new smilies. I'll try to find some more, but the neat ones seem to be like hen's teeth.

Sunshine
02-07-2013, 01:51 AM
Wow!!' Congratulations!!
My best game was 271.
Average used to be 156
Haven't bowled in years!
I have my own bowling ball, shoes and hand brace. If I bowl without the brace, the ball goes straight in gutter. My ball hooks from the right side into the pocket.

Bowling is a lot of fun.
What split did you end up with??

P/s where the heck do I find the smiles, when using the iPhone?

BarryBobPosthole
02-07-2013, 09:05 AM
Insert Big Lebowski quote <here>

BKB

Bwana
02-07-2013, 09:57 AM
You were almost The Dude.

Great story and it had to have been a great/anxious moment or four you went through but VERY cool. Congrats on the great game.

jb
02-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Well at your age you're lucky you still have some balls to play with. :wiggle

Buckrub
02-07-2013, 12:29 PM
So.....was this right or left handed?

BarryBobPosthole
02-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Bowling is an excuse to get drunk. And drunk is an excuse for your bowling.
~Gallagher

DeputyDog
02-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Same thing can be said about golf.

Penguin
02-07-2013, 01:57 PM
That is very impressive Len. I've tried bowling and tbh I just never got the hang of it. Can't imagine how bowling that many strikes in a row would feel. I imagine league bowling would be a lot of fun.

Will

Thumper
02-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Reminds me of a circa '85 Thump story from L.A. ... It involves bowling an almost perfect game (while "slightly" drunk) and a SMOKIN' HOT Korean gal! ... only I ain't gots time to type it!

P/S ... I got REALLY lucky that night ... in more ways than one. :D

Got'ta run ....

BarryBobPosthole
02-07-2013, 05:15 PM
P/S ... I got REALLY lucky that night ... in more ways than one. :D

Got'ta run ....

Do that mean she had a penis?
BKB

Buckrub
02-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Stuck in her adam's apple, no doubt.

Buckrub