PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody please ‘splain this to me?

Thumper
02-04-2020, 08:49 PM
All this talk about fuckwads promising to forgive student loan debts confuses the heck out’ta me. Let’s say it happens. What about the ones who sacrificed and worked their asses off to repay their loans? What about those who wanted to attend college, but just couldn’t afford it? Couldn’t get a loan? Had to attend a cut-rate community college because they couldn’t afford to attend the school of their choice? Where is the fairness in all of this b/s?

BarryBobPosthole
02-04-2020, 09:36 PM
Its what happens when stupid shit is allowed to stay in place. There were several, Trump University was one of them, ‘colleges’ that were actually frauds and ripped off a lot of kids. The Schools of Art is various cities is another example. Lots of students went into debt to get worthless degreesfrom these places. Betsy Devos has put a stop to the fraud investigations that could have resulted in some sort of damages to offset their loans. The other bigger part is that Sallie Mae has guaranteed loans way past what many are able to pay back. They either default on those loans or figure out some compromise. Settling on bad debt is a common everyday practice. Writing a check for it is a bad idea.

BKB

airbud7
02-04-2020, 10:06 PM
Trump University refunded of 90% of the money students spent on courses.

Thumper asked about taxpayers bailing out "ALL" student loans!....big f****** difference!

I swear Trump could cure cancer and the Democrats with bitch about that!...maybe even impeach him for it.

quercus alba
02-04-2020, 10:50 PM
There’s enough blame on both on both sides to impeach the whole bamn dunch but giving money away and not holding people accountable isn’t going to fix any problem