PDA

View Full Version : XFL

BarryBobPosthole
02-10-2020, 12:36 PM
Anybody watch any of the XFL games this weekend? I watched a couple of them and I like it so far. They made some common sense rule changes that the NFL should have addressed long ago and they’ve made the game go a lot faster. They have a 25 second clock and the rules at the end of each half make the game not slog along so much. I like it that the average player salary is $55K (which will go up if they’re successful) and the winning team splits $100,000 each game. I also like the number of regional players you see on each team.

BKB

quercus alba
02-10-2020, 12:39 PM
sounds like a big improvement over the NFL. Do they celebrate when they tackle a runner after a 40 yd gain like they just won the super bowl?

BarryBobPosthole
02-10-2020, 12:50 PM
Haven’t seen a lot of that. They have a special ref whose sole job is to respot the ball, then the 25 second (vs 40 in nfl) play clock starts and they’re off to the next play. Doesn’t provide a lot of showboating time.
They’ve also done away with coaches challenges. And all the officials, even the ones in the replay booth, are miked up so you can see how they come up with their calls. They do it faster too.
They have a ways to go with moving the game along, but they expect to get game times down to around 2:45. These games lasted right around three hours.
Coaches are miked up too so you can hear the plays being called instead of listening to some talking head drone on about the game.

And best of all? There’s no Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. Yet.

BKB

Big Muddy
02-10-2020, 12:57 PM
what does the X stand for???

BarryBobPosthole
02-10-2020, 02:14 PM
Beats the fuck outta me.

BKB

Arty
02-10-2020, 07:14 PM
I watched two of them and agree with you 100%. The xfl seems to have a little better financial backing than the previous leagues that have given this a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk