PDA

View Full Version : Well, they're dropping like flies!

Thumper
03-05-2020, 01:00 PM
Pocahontas just bailed. :encouragement:

Penguin
03-05-2020, 01:37 PM
At the risk of starting an internet shit throwing fight, I'll chime in. :)

She needed to get out. And now the Democratic Party can have its discussion on who they are and what they believe. Bernie and Joe stand for entirely different things. It's time for them to figure it out. If Bernie wins the nomination (as I hope he does) then we can have some long past due discussions on what we are as a nation.

A true populism would attack 3 very unpopular issues. (I know, I know, I've said it a hundred times before.... but that doesn't mean it's any less true) Trump needs to fashion Bernie's newfound love of Deep Space 9 sized immigration into a baseball bat and beat him senseless with it. Bernie needs to take the current health care system, wrap it around Donald Trump's neck and attempt to drown him with it. They are both good on trade issues.

But we need to have these discussions. TPTB have kept us from doing so for 30, maybe 40 years now... most of my life. It's time.

Will

Hombre
03-05-2020, 02:06 PM
She should have pulled out before she took 3rd in her own state. Her political career, or at least larger aspirations, are now road kill. Amy Klobuchar got this, and likely gets a job that vaults her future runs (if Biden wins). Based on a 3rd place, and poor decision making Liz would have a better chance shoving a wet noodle up a badgers ass in a phone booth than become president now or ever.

Thumper
03-05-2020, 02:23 PM
You're showing your age. These days, where would one find a phone booth to accomplish that task? :smash

Arty
03-05-2020, 02:28 PM
You're showing your age. Where would one find a phone booth to accomplish that task? :smash

They still have phone booths on Indian reservations, which is where warren grew up, right?!

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
03-05-2020, 02:30 PM
You may have a point there. ;)

Penguin
03-05-2020, 02:46 PM
Sadly that is true for all of us.

Yesterday I read an article where the guy said that Gen-X (my generation) was the last generation to grow up driving stick shifts and not wearing seat belts.

For the first time ever, I actually ~felt~ old the other day. Watching the Daytona 500 they were speaking to Kurt Busch in a rain delay. They called him the "old man" and showed some of his old race clips. I was a bit taken aback. Hell I had a few years on Kurt when we were on the same team. I had never thought of him as old. Then I remembered how old I thought Bobby Allison was when he won the Daytona.... and I realized that, yes, to most of those I meet I am now an old man. :o

Will

Thumper
03-05-2020, 02:58 PM
Ha! We spent Christmas with friends and they had all the cousins, grand kids, etc. over for a big Christmas bash. One of the younger kids kept saying something over and over (I can't even remember what it was) and I finally told him (in a joking manner) that he sounded like a broken record. He gave me a blank stare and finally asked, "What does THAT mean"? To make it even worse, once I 'tried" to explain it, his MOTHER then laughed and said she wondered the same thing! AARRRGGGHHH!

Penguin
03-05-2020, 03:07 PM
And just the other day I saw a photo of Jane Child. She was one of those beautiful girls of the 80s who went to a lot of trouble to look not beautiful. I always liked her.

Now? She is still drop dead gorgeous.... but she's also not 20 anymore. Sigh... And she aged remarkably well for my generation. :p

Will

Hombre
03-05-2020, 04:40 PM
I'm the yungin here

Bwana
03-09-2020, 09:33 AM
Was going to challenge you on that claim Hombre but then I remembered how old I am.

HideHunter
03-09-2020, 10:45 AM
Son and SIL both have old license plates tacked up on the walls of their Man Caves.. I was poking around in an old fallen down shed and found some as far back as the 30s.. I threw them in a pile and told them to help themselves. They asked if there might be anymore? Told them there were some from the '60s - but I didn't bother with them because they weren't old.. Took me a minute to figure out why they were laughing.. :(

Thumper
03-09-2020, 01:11 PM
I sell quite a few old plates on ebay. They’re popular on rat rods and anything from classics to antiques. It’s been a while since I researched it, but in many states, you can register your car with an old plate. Speaking of the 60’s, say you have a ‘65 Mustang, for example, you can register a 1965 plate. I grab every ‘55-‘57 plate I can find as the Chevy guys jump all over them. There are quite a few people out there who take an old, rusty plate and refurbish them. They come out looking like brand new. The show car guys will pay through the nose for those. The guy with a ‘32 Ford will pay a small fortune for a ‘32 plate.

Arty
03-09-2020, 06:17 PM
Was going to challenge you on that claim Hombre but then I remembered how old I am.

I think I may have both you and hombre beat...I’ll be 43 in 34 days.

Thumper
03-09-2020, 07:51 PM
43 in 34? Are you dyslexic? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
03-09-2020, 07:53 PM
43. Well that answers a lot of questions.

BKB

Arty
03-09-2020, 07:53 PM
Nope, I’m palindromic!