PDA

View Full Version : "F" you Renaldo!

Thumper
03-06-2020, 08:01 AM
Lynn's been having a few problems and has a colonoscopy AS WELL AS an endoscopy scheduled today. She's taken a couple days off work as she spent all day yesterday prepping. Well, during the day yesterday, I felt like I'd been kicked in the groin and when I showered last night, I realized my right 'nad was swollen as big as a hen's egg and so sore I couldn't touch the dang thing. Showering and washing "that area" was a VERY delicate maneuver, to say the least. Crap! As rough as Lynn's day was yesterday and considering what she'll be going through today, I didn't want to whine, so I kept quiet. BUT ... this morning I could barely crawl out of bed. I checked out the boys and the right side is now swollen as big as a frigging goose egg! I can hardly walk it hurts so much. I'm gonna soldier through the best I can (Lynn's appt. is at 11:00), then once I get her back home and comfortable, I'll call MY doc. for advice. Considering it will be a Friday afternoon, I have a sneaking suspicion I could possibly end up at the Emergency Room. From past experience, checking into the ER on a Friday afternoon, usually leads to spending the weekend in the hospital. CRAP! I'm hoping for the best ... you know, like "take two aspirin, get some rest and call me on Monday".

This getting old crap is for the birds!

BarryBobPosthole
03-06-2020, 09:22 AM
That Albanian strain of the clap is a tough one!

Seriously, sounds like an infection of some kind. Hopefully they can give you some antibiotics and clear it up.

BKB

Thumper
03-06-2020, 09:48 AM
Yeppers, I just got off the phone with the VA and they told me to not even bother with the clinic, but go directly to the ER asap! I told 'em Lynn comes first and I'll head to the ER once I get her taken care of. WTF? It seems like it's always feast or famine these days. It just shows how a normal day can go to shit in no time flat. :(

I'm with you Postie ... I'm keepin' my fingers crossed for some sort of infection and a quick shot of antibiotics, but as the nurse just told me, it can be an infection or it could be life-threatening .... they just won't know until they run some tests. I will say, considering I'll be driving today, I'm GLAD I have an automatic! I'm not sure how I'd handle having to fool with a clutch today. (This reminds me of Johnboy's Taco post) ;)

Chicken Dinner
03-06-2020, 09:48 AM
Say goodbye to the boys at your age!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
03-06-2020, 09:50 AM
Say goodbye to the boys at your age!

Ha! TBH, I'm not sure why I need 'em anyway. Heck, these days, they just get in the way when I sit down. ;)

Penguin
03-06-2020, 09:56 AM
Take care Jimmy. That's a tough one!

We'll keep our fingers crossed for you.

Will

Thumper
03-06-2020, 10:03 AM
Thanks Willie. :thumbsup

Trav
03-06-2020, 11:17 AM
Praying for you Jimmy, I think that saggy scrotum of yours let your boy get all twisted.

BarryBobPosthole
03-06-2020, 12:06 PM
Torsion alert!

Big Skyz
03-06-2020, 12:10 PM
Well nuts!

Chicken Dinner
03-06-2020, 01:39 PM
Well nuts!

Ha! So much “low-hanging fruit” with this one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
03-06-2020, 01:49 PM
They ARE a bit low hanging these days. Maybe I’ll ask for a little nip & tuck once I check in. ;)

Big Muddy
03-06-2020, 09:15 PM
Praying for nothing serious, Jim.....take care !!!!!

Thumper
03-06-2020, 09:57 PM
Just checked out of the VA hospital. They ran every test known to man. Extremely thorough. Turned out to be an infection and have put me on antibiotics with a follow-up in 2-weeks. We’re at a Thai restaurant in Tampa now. We were both overdue for dinner!

Thanks for the well wishes guys. I was nervous for a while there. I did NOT want to be admitted to the hospital unless totally necessary.

BarryBobPosthole
03-06-2020, 10:01 PM
So just so we all know, when you told the nurse at the ER what was hurting, which term did you use? Testicles, balls, nuts, cods, knackers?

Just in case we ever need to check into an Er with the Albanian Clap.

BKB

Thumper
03-06-2020, 11:59 PM
I told her I had a swollen Barry and she knew immediately what the problem was. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
03-07-2020, 12:17 AM
Now that’s funny.

BKb

Big Muddy
03-07-2020, 11:14 AM
True story.....boot camp at Knox, guy named Webb(claimed to be nephew of Jack Webb-Dragnet) went on sick call for swollen gonads.....doc diagnosed the "blue balls", and told him to whack-off for a couple of days.....everyone avoided him or shaking hands with him for a while.....but, Webb said the whack-job worked.

Thump, maybe a second opinion is in order, huh??? ;)

jb
03-07-2020, 05:38 PM
Back when I was a kid we called them "Lovers Nuts" and the Doc. said the same thing.
Thump, use them or loose them buddy !!!!!!

BarryBobPosthole
03-07-2020, 06:15 PM
Otherwise known as the DSBs.

Dreaded Semen Backup

BKB