PDA

View Full Version : Ok fisher dufes!

Thumper
03-09-2020, 06:24 AM
Ya’ gonna be ready for the full worm moon tonight?

BarryBobPosthole
03-09-2020, 07:46 AM
That’s what she said!

BKB

Thumper
03-09-2020, 07:59 AM
:lmao

March’s full Moon, called the full Worm Moon, reaches peak fullness at 1:48 P.M. EDT on Monday, March 9. Look for the spectacularly bright Moon as it rises above the horizon that evening or the night prior! This full Moon will also be the first of three supermoons in 2020.

Why Is Called the Worm Moon?

This full Moon traditionally goes by the name Worm Moon, which refers to the fact that earthworms and grubs tend to emerge from their winter dormancy at this time of year, marking a sure sign of spring!

Bwana
03-09-2020, 09:41 AM
I can guarantee you that there won't be any nightcrawler, worms, or grubs showing up around here tonight as we are supposed to be getting some snow from what the weather folks said.

Am hoping it works in the southern climes and is effective for a couple of weeks as we are heading to St. John on Saturday. I mailed some fishing gear already so plan on trying to catch some saltwater species all by myself.

HideHunter
03-09-2020, 10:37 AM
When we get to the full Zara Spook moon, I'll take note..

BarryBobPosthole
03-09-2020, 11:30 AM
Bwana, St John is one of our all time favorite places. Great food, small island, friendly Americans, and the best beaches in the Caribbean. I’d highly recommend hartering a boat and also seeing the sites around the BVI. Itsaffordable and well worth it. You gotta go see The Baths and gospend afew hours at the Soggy Dollarbar and have a few Painkillers.

This was the boat we chartered and our captain for the day. Sweet young gal named Mo. Ifshe’s still there be sure to ask for her. She knows her way around there.
BKb

Thumper
03-09-2020, 01:17 PM
Ha! In case you’re open to a bit of worthless trivia, Alison (All Outdoors) and her chef hubby honeymooned on St. John back in the day. :)

Bwana
03-09-2020, 01:57 PM
Posthole, we are going with another couple and this will be their forth trip to St. John so we are looking forward to having a "guided" tour of the island. That being said, we are chartering the Busy Bee to take us on a tour to circumnavigate the island with stops for snorkeling, eating, and beverages along the way.

In addition to the fishing gear I mailed to the villa where we are staying, I am bringing my paddle fishing real and a 7.5 foot collapsible medium heavy rod with the hopes of catching a tarpon or a shark or some other sizable, saltwater fish. Looked into chartering a boat to go fishing but from what I read St. John is not a big fishing destination, the other couple doesn't fish, and they are not shy about what they charge you to take a ride on their boat so I decided to see what I can manage on my own. Time will tell.

BarryBobPosthole
03-09-2020, 02:02 PM
Yep I couldn’t tell you anything about the fishing as chartered salt water fishing went way above my paygrade years ago.

Y’all are in for a great time in a beautiful place. Have fun and I’ll be sending you good vibes that this stuff going around doesn’t interfere in your plans. (Unless maybe it gets you stuck there for a few extra weeks)
BKB

DeputyDog
03-09-2020, 04:16 PM
Good luck on the trip. I’ve got a buddy on a cruise right now and they weren’t allowed to dock in the Turks and Caicos and the weather was too bad for them to dock in the Dominican Republic. Been stuck on board with crappy weather and 10 ft swells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
03-09-2020, 05:10 PM
Good luck on the trip. I’ve got a buddy on a cruise right now and they weren’t allowed to dock in the Turks and Caicos and the weather was too bad for them to dock in the Dominican Republic. Been stuck on board with crappy weather and 10 ft swells.

Sounds like the Christmas cruise we took in December (the destinations), except we had perfect weather until returning to the States. We skipped Key West due to high seas and came straight back to Ft. Lauderdale. It was no big deal as we've been to the Keys a bazillion times and can drive there if we want. If they were stopping on Grand Turk (Turks and Caicos), they didn't miss anything. It was a 3rd world looking trash dump IMHO. But, if their stop was at Amber Cove (D.R.), they missed a nice one. Beautiful and clean as a whistle.

Arty
03-09-2020, 06:12 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200309/5e0a925f10d575a3f289356ab5f74dc6.jpg
There might be something to that worm moon thing.... went out this morning and there are worm eggs alllll over the garden.
First ones I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwana
03-10-2020, 12:29 PM
No need to worry about the cruise ship issues as we are flying into St. Thomas and then taking the ferry to St. John. Fingers crossed!

Thumper
03-10-2020, 12:51 PM
So, instead of a floating petri dish, you'll be in a FLYING petri dish! ;)

Bwana
03-10-2020, 04:05 PM
Exactly, but one with awesome, highly effective HEPA filters.

BarryBobPosthole
03-10-2020, 09:47 PM
Bwana, here is something you need to do (if your friends haven’t already). Call this lady ahead of time and she’ll meet you at the St Thomas airport, collect your bags, and drive you in a nice big van to the St John Ferry. On your return trip she’ll get you first in line at security and bag check. She is absolutely awesome. We had some time before our flight and she drove us around to afew local sights to kill time. Seriously, the lines at the airport are terrible and she whisked us paste everybody so quick I actually felt a little guilty. But I keptmy mouth shut!

Rachel Brown
340-771-2986

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
03-10-2020, 09:47 PM
Bwana, here is something you need to do (if your friends haven’t already). Call this lady ahead of time and she’ll meet you at the St Thomas airport, collect your bags, and drive you in a nice big van to the St John Ferry. On your return trip she’ll get you first in line at security and bag check. She is absolutely awesome. We had some time before our flight and she drove us around to afew local sights to kill time. Seriously, the lines at the airport are terrible and she whisked us paste everybody so quick I actually felt a little guilty. But I keptmy mouth shut!

Rachel Brown
340-771-2986

BKB

Thumper
03-10-2020, 10:14 PM
He has to call her twice?? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
03-10-2020, 10:18 PM
For good luck!

Bwana
03-11-2020, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the advice Posthole. Our friends have a lady they use but for the life of me I can't recall her name. Hopefully it is the same as your recommendation.