PDA

View Full Version : The plus side of this Corona Virus?

Thumper
03-16-2020, 09:43 AM
I just filled my truck with gas at $1.88/gal.

Of course, there's no place to go now ... everything's closed. :(

DeputyDog
03-16-2020, 09:48 AM
I paid $1.88 last night as well, but you are right it’s not doing us any good since nothing is going to be open and we won’t be able to leave home.

How much does FL look to lose in tourism money with the cancellations that will be coming of everyone’s Spring Breaks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
03-16-2020, 10:05 AM
No clue, but tourism is our main industry, so it's gonna hurt! Heck, even Disney is closed!

BTW, I talked to my buddy in Los Angeles last night and mentioned the gas prices. He called me a few names I won't repeat and said he just filled up a couple days ago at $3.09/gal.

Thumper
03-16-2020, 06:59 PM
Lynn came home with a box of crap and I asked her what it was. She said she "cleaned out" her desk as she can see the handwriting on the wall. She works at the Hyatt here and the place is like a ghost town. The brass has been in meetings all day with the corporate big-wigs and she's getting a bad vibe. She also got word today that the Hyatt Regency in Orlando just closed down for 6-weeks. That is a huge hotel right in the middle of everything that (normally) goes on in Orlando. I can't imagine the economic impact this thing will have once the dust settles.

DeputyDog
03-16-2020, 08:52 PM
Sounds like you need to get busy on eBay. Seriously, I hope it’s only temporary and doesn’t last too long.

The Governor here just closed all restaurants and bars for dine in eating. So far everything is going to carry out only. The restaurant my wife works at in the summer is a small family owned restaurant. They sent out a text to the employees saying that they are adjusting their hours and having a limited carry out menu and that they are going to try to do it themselves and no employees need to come in. Thankfully it’s just something to keep her busy and we don’t rely on the extra money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hombre
03-16-2020, 08:54 PM
There is definitely going to have to be a stimulus program to keep things afloat. It's almost scary to see how fragile our system is. Jim, I hope everyhting works out for you all.

BarryBobPosthole
03-16-2020, 08:56 PM
There is definitely going to have to be a stimulus program to keep things afloat. It's almost scary to see how fragile our system is. Jim, I hope everyhting works out for you all.

I keep thinking about what my Mom taught me and thumped into my noggin many times over the years: Pride goeth before a fall. I can hear her voice saying it.

BKB