PDA

View Full Version : Something I haven't heard addressed ...

Thumper
03-18-2020, 08:58 AM
I'll admit, I haven't spent a whole lot of time watching the news lately ... besides, it's ALL covering only one subject right now anyway . But, I don't believe I've heard anyone discussing our military. They live in tight quarters and their jobs are 24/7, they're not going to be able to "self-quarantine" and/or "work from home". They also travel and are scattered all over the world. As for quarters, how could they be any tighter than barracks full of bunk beds, or tents, or especially Navy ships? How do you practice "social distancing" in a tank, Humvee or military aircraft? They eat in mess halls or mess tents. Can you imagine someone coming down with it in a submarine? I'm thinking, if this thing gets out of control, the military could be decimated. I suppose the only saving grace is, every other country on earth would be facing the same obstacles.

I'm not trying to play Chicken Little, it's just a thought that's been on my mind for a while now and I don't believe I've heard any of the talking heads bring it up. Of course, that doesn't mean they haven't.

DeputyDog
03-18-2020, 09:14 AM
I know that they put in a travel ban for personnel and families regarding permanent or temporary changes of station and are considering training moratoriums including basic.

Not sure how they are dealing with the living or eating conditions in bases though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
03-19-2020, 07:19 AM
I'm waiting for it to spread to the jails and prison system. How would that can-o-worms be handled?

DeputyDog
03-19-2020, 10:04 AM
We’ve been instructed not to arrest unless it’s absolutely necessary.

I saw where two Michigan DOC employees tested positive.

BarryBobPosthole
03-19-2020, 10:14 AM
Prisons, jails, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, cancer treatment centers, all are places where people are in confined spaces and they are in no way prepared to leave or be treated for this virus.

Its gonna get dicey.

BKB

Arty
03-19-2020, 03:04 PM
They have released a ton of non violent offenders in many area to keep the congestion down.

Thumper
03-19-2020, 03:55 PM
If they were congested, they may have the virus! ;)

Arty
03-19-2020, 09:26 PM
If they were congested, they may have the virus! ;)

I almost made that joke myself as I typed that, but i figured I’d leave the low hanging fruit for you old folks....

Thumper
03-19-2020, 10:10 PM
OLD??? Who you callin' old, youngin'? ;)