PDA

View Full Version : How is our Goodhunting Fambly Doing?

BarryBobPosthole
03-22-2020, 09:19 AM
So far so good here. I’ve had a sinus infection since last Sunday that I’m fighting. Scared me when I first got it because I had like three of the covad symptoms but soon it showed up as a regular old chest cold and stuffy sinuses. Julie had to go get a kidney stone busted up Friday so she actually had to go to a hospital for a day, which is probably the closest we’ve come to exposure.
Other than that we’ve camped out at the house and haven’t seen anyone except our daughter who came to help us both while we were sick.
My kids are all working from home and are getting paid, for now at least. I don’t know how much longer that will hold up if this quarantine lasts many more weeks.

Oklahoma is way behind doing anything at all. Our governor says its not his responsibility to tell people and businesses whether to close or not. I think we have 56 cases so far syatewide.

BKB

Thumper
03-22-2020, 09:51 AM
Ok here so far, sort’a. Lynn’s last day of work was Friday. No word on whether the hotel is going to close or not. Just a skeleton crew of management keeping the doors open right now. We cancelled our annual trip to LA to visit her mom. She’s in her 80’s and we didn’t want to risk going through two major airports (Orlando and LAX) not to mention the flight itself, then possibly taking something to her. Grocery stores are fubar. I circled the parking lot for 10-mins waiting to find a parking spot yesterday. Inside half the shelves were bare (NO paper products). They had a 2-item limit on meat, bread, paper products, bottled water, etc. and even a 5-can limit on canned goods. So far, we’re still healthy as far as I know.

DeputyDog
03-22-2020, 10:13 AM
We are all doing fine. I had a cold/sinus infection/bronchitis to some degree or another since Christmas that I finally got over in the past week. My wife has asthma and had been having issues with that but it’s getting back under control. My daughter just finished a course of antibiotics for a sinus infection.

The kids have been out of school since Monday and as of now won’t be going back until May 1st. My wife’s school was closed all of last week and are tentatively scheduled to go back on April 13th. They are starting to get a little stir crazy. I’m working as normal with about the only change being we are handling as many non-emergency calls as possible by phone instead of in person.

We’re pretty well stocked and had just filled the freezer with a 1/4 of a beef. Since I’m already out and about with work, I’m doing all of the running around if we do need anything to limit the exposure for the rest of the family.

All of the stores here are pretty bare and there are purchase limits on just about everything. You can tell what people won’t eat by what’s left on the shelves. Canned vegetables are gone except for canned spinach.

Indiana is currently at 176 cases and 3 deaths. So far, the closest confirmed cases are a couple of counties away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
03-22-2020, 10:29 AM
So far so good. I had breakfast with a friend the day after he flew back from Denver. A week later he came down will all the symptoms and was tested, still waiting on test results. I certainly don't need it being as I'm old, asthmatic, fat and diabetic so I'm laying low. Cambridge university did some research on virus filtration and found that one of the best things you can use is a folded dish towel. It has a 97% rate if this is true. My wife is making mask for all of us. Even if it's bogus, some protection is better than none. Like Barry said, you have to separate the pepper from the fly poop

https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/paper-towel-effective-against-viruses-diy-mask/

Big Muddy
03-22-2020, 11:55 AM
Dr. Oz was on tv last night, and suggested sex for relieving the boredom of being shut in the house.....wife suggested a romantic movie, instead.....I suggested the real thing.....she handed me my sneakers, and mumbled something about taking a hike. ;)

jb
03-22-2020, 12:25 PM
Sheltering in place for now, I'm still working out of the home office with business as usual. Nice to keep a routine. Wife's doing OK, she's a gym rat, was going to the Y three days a week, sometimes staying for two classes, yoga and conditioning, she's doing that at home now in front of the TV.
Oldest son and his wife are both teachers, they're home with their two kids doing school work and recess is a trip to the woods or Lake Michigan, it's spring and a walk on the beach does everyone good.
Middle son was doing a lot of traveling, spending the past 6 weeks in Boston from Monday AM to Thursday PM doing IT work, company told everyone to work from home, his wife is the Librarian for the school so shes' home with their three keeping busy, and she has enough time to finish her Masters Degree on line.
Youngest is a Detective with the State Police, he's been told not to come into the station and does most of his work at home except for interviews and interrogations, his wife is a permanent substitute at the HS along with the varsity volleyball coach, so she has access to the gym for the kids to hang out at.
Soooooo, for now it's OK, spring time helps some with nicer weather, my trap shooting schedule has stopped for now, our club has temp. closed and some the the big state shoots are in limbo.
Biggest question is out Disney Cruise booked for the last week in June, hope all this chit if over by then.
Stay safe, stay home, stay healthy.

Arty
03-22-2020, 02:23 PM
I’m having a real hard time with my shoulder and thumb. Both are very very sore from pulling in these hawgs the last couple of days. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200322/d9ae2d3d51b9d367fe874c046af2a6bb.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200322/c701114c7fc191eb85653cdeeb0eec42.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200322/7ee84f7c347e8e88e1a4908d94b662ce.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200322/01476b4e09ea3789f9c3d0526d86a7c6.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200322/fcefcbd7fb65568c5c6ae761906621f0.jpg

BarryBobPosthole
03-22-2020, 03:53 PM
Dr. Oz was on tv last night, and suggested sex for relieving the boredom of being shut in the house.....wife suggested a romantic movie, instead.....I suggested the real thing.....she handed me my sneakers, and mumbled something about taking a hike. ;)

It kind of makes you wonder if there’ll be a baby boomlet around the end of 2020.

BKB

Thumper
03-22-2020, 05:07 PM
I'm sure they wouldn't be the first babies that could be blamed on Corona. ;)

Chicken Dinner
03-23-2020, 12:39 PM
We’re all doing okay. Busy as hell at work doing a bunch of contingency planning. I’m the POA in my DD’s medical directive and he called yesterday saying no ventilators if it comes to that. Period. He’s not sick. But, thinking about having to be the one to make that call really brings it home.

Thumper
03-23-2020, 12:44 PM
Talked to my son this morning. Everything he does for his company (installs commercial computer systems) involves travel. They issued a company wide halt to all travel until at least May 1. He has no idea where he stands with his job now. He’s also in Ohio and as of today is restricted from leaving the house. Crazy shit Maynard.

DeputyDog
03-23-2020, 12:52 PM
Indiana and Michigan have also just issued “stay at home “ orders. So far, things have been fairly normal for me. I’m still working as normal so I’m out and about every day. Kinda seems like summer vacation for me though since the wife and kids are home all the time.

Hombre
03-23-2020, 01:23 PM
Doing good here in Seattle, we've been locked in for a couple of weeks already so a bit of cabin fever is starting to set in. We are trying to get out and do some country hikes away from people and that helps.

HideHunter
03-23-2020, 01:30 PM
Good job, Arty.. Well. Covid "back doored" us.. Our old timer's trip to Alabama was scheduled to pull out of here Wednesday morning. I admit, I had mixed feelings.. Only ones really "exposed" would have been the 4 of us..and we've already been fishing together a couple times recently.. but.. the whole "unnecessary travel" thing.. kinda.. Anyway - the youngest of us (only one still working) is a nurse. Iowa governor just stated this morning - any health care professional who leaves the state will have to self-quarantine for 14 days upon their return.. aaaannnddd.. considering he owns the boat..;) We are checking on an in state reservoir a ways west.. That doesn't work.. we have *lots* of water in a day's drive.. We're going fishing one way or the other..

Caught this one the other day.. granted not 50# plus like we catch south.. but "fishing" ;)

johnboy
03-23-2020, 02:08 PM
Kinda surreal here on Vancouver Island. Real quiet for a Monday morning with everything shut down except for grocery, liquor and pot stores. The wife has decided that this is a perfect opportunity to clean and reno the house. Gonna drive me nuts.

I'm really wondering how long it will take for society and business to recover from this thing. When is payback time?

Big Skyz
03-23-2020, 04:42 PM
So far so good. Laying low and fishing as much as possible. It's my form of social distancing. To a large degree I am a loaner, anti-social, and prefer to avoid crowds. Sort'a feeling like a man ahead of my time right now.

quercus alba
03-24-2020, 12:08 AM
Ok March 9 I had breakfast with a friend of mine. The Monday the 16th he was tested for coronavirus. Today he got back his
Test results......... positive for Covid-19. Today was 14 days since I saw him last so it appears that I dodged a potential bullet. No fever, no sore throat, no difficulty breathing. :occasion

Penguin
03-24-2020, 08:45 AM
Good to hear qa. This thing is getting harder to dodge by the day.

My wife is finally up to speed again. Whatever flu we had hit her very hard. Unless we actually get hit again with flu that is bad enough to go to the hospital well never know if that's what we had.

One thing is that I finally got PO'D enough to order seed potatoes. I cannot believe how they just simply aren't anywhere to be found around here. Hillbilly pasta or something. My pepper and tomato seedlings are up and doing well on the living room table.

Will

Bwana
03-24-2020, 05:10 PM
Well, time will tell. As of now we are doing just fine except for my daughter who caught a cold from her best friend.

That being said, the wife and I are in the mandatory 14-day isolation process given we traveled out of state. So far so good and am hoping it stays that way. Luckily I brought my work computer home so am able to keep up with all my meetings, webinars, etc. thanks to the computer and cell phone. This old dog might even learn a few techie-type things before all this is over.

Stay safe y'all!

Trav
03-24-2020, 09:36 PM
Things are good here, hunkered down with Boomer and Maggie.

Sunshine
03-24-2020, 11:38 PM
Hi All
We are well, as of this moment.
I was sick since before Christmas.
We headed over to the property Christmas Day
Worked on dropping and cutting up 20 dead beetle killed trees.

Had to cut them all up into 18 inch fire wood logs, stack them and burn the dead branches.

Had several dinners made over camp fire.

Headed home Jan 2 and I ended up with pneumonia and the worst cough I’ve ever had.
Then the pneumonia turned into bronchitis and I still had the horrible cough.

And finally it turned into a sinus infection , still with the bad cough!!!

We didn’t have family Christmas until a week after Valentines Day!!!!

I have never been sick for such a long period or a horrible cough hang on for three months!!!!

Boeing is shutting down tomorrow for two weeks.
Don’t believe everything you read on why it’s shutting down. But their parts come from China and Italy!!!
So don’t believe it’s because they care about the employees.

We are lucky, hubby will get paid basic wages during the two weeks and not have to use his leave.

I have a nice honey-do-list waiting for him.

Right now I’m hoping he don’t bring anything home with him.
Told him he’s stripping on the back deck and has to go straight to the shower.
I’ll get his clothes in the washing machine. Lol

Hubby bought a Case 590 loader/back hoe and it’s sitting at the auction house in Las Vegas.
Hired a company to haul it up here, but their drivers are all hauling supplies and food.
Don’t know when the machine will get here.

We planned a cross county trip, to pick up our 20 ft flatbed tandem trail, it’s in Illinois.

So don’t know when that will happen now.
It’s sitting on hubbies family farm.

Haven’t been to the property since Christmas trip.
Can’t wait to get back.
Have lots of work to do.
Neighbor checks on the place all the time and sends pictures.

Lamont and Tig are doing fine.
Take care everyone. :)

quercus alba
03-25-2020, 01:27 PM
This self isolation is useless, I’m staying away from everyone and still caught something

BarryBobPosthole
03-25-2020, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the update CheriWa! I was thinking about you and your pups.

BKB