PDA

View Full Version : Well crap!

Thumper
03-24-2020, 12:17 AM
Had a buddy pass away unexpectedly today. Not sure what happened. Found him on the floor beside his bed. May have fallen on way to bed or rolled off the bed. He lived alone, so everything is speculated. Saw him Sunday and he was fine. Suspected heart attack. Gonna be over there tomorrow helping his sister clear out his apartment. Man-o-man, give your loved ones a hug. You just never know if you’ll still be here tomorrow. 😟

Big Muddy
03-24-2020, 02:04 AM
^^^^^So very true^^^^^

Bwana
03-24-2020, 10:17 AM
Sorry for your loss Jim.

BarryBobPosthole
03-24-2020, 11:03 AM
I’m sorry to hear it, Jim.

It got me to thinking about funeral services. How do we send off people we love and respect when we can’t have a funeral?

BKB

Penguin
03-24-2020, 02:05 PM
Hate to hear that Jim. When things get back to normal have a blowout in his honor.

I've wondered the same thing Posty. A very difficult situation for everyone involved.

Bwana
03-24-2020, 05:12 PM
A friend's s-i-l recently passed away and they ended up live-streaming the funeral so those who wanted to were able to "attend." Also the local townsfolk sat along the funeral route with signs, etc. showing their respect.

Thumper
03-24-2020, 08:57 PM
Yep, was at the funeral home today making arrangements. He's a vet and will be going to the National Cemetery here, but due to the virus, no funeral allowed. Weird ... but these are crazy times. Spent most of the day helping family clean out his apartment, will be doing the same again tomorrow. This is sucky duty. :(

BarryBobPosthole
03-24-2020, 09:09 PM
Sure enough, and you’re a good friend for doing it. Chin up, buddy. that kind of favor is worth more than all the funerals in the world.

BKB