PDA

View Full Version : Very interesting article......

Big Muddy
04-13-2020, 11:52 PM
COMMENTARY :
Written by Bill O'Reilly

China’s Bio weapon, and Pelosi..
My wife Angie will tell you that I study history and world events fluently every day. I have studied China for many years. To get answers I need to questions, I call many I know in Washington on Capitol Hill (from my tenure on two Presidential campaigns and Presidential talks) and I ask them for straight up answers to better understand what affects us as a nation.

Well, in 2016 America elected a new Sheriff: Donald J Trump. For decades the Chinese walked all over America but the new President said “not anymore”. Trump literally strangled China’s economy to the point their economy was in its worst free fall ever. Trump negotiated a new 50 billion trade agreement. He had Xi by the proverbial balls. America’s economy was on fire and unstoppable. President Xi Jingping knew he could not beat the USA militarily and he knew any domesticated economic attack would fail as our economy was too strong. He had to act. But how?

Enter the USA democrats led by Pelosi and Schiff. Impeachment. A hoax. A distraction for our people and President. Xi Jingping and his thugs see this. They aren’t stupid. They have very intelligent intellectual thinkers in their government. Now you must understand , the Chinese regime are truly Barbarians. Notice I did not say ALL CHINESE. The Chinese people are a good people. I enjoy my interactions with them.

The communist regime has millions of its own citizens slaving in gulags simply for speaking against the government or openly practicing Christianity. Knowing they could not attack us openly they needed to be coy, like a deceptive fox. In my opinion, I believe the regime released a biological weapon upon the world that doesn’t kill everyone, but kills “enough,” especially the elderly and in-firmed. Back in WW 2 Hitler thought the same way. He got rid of what he considered the useless and rejects of society.

Trumps task force uses models to figure things. Xi used and uses “models” too. China's president figured that if he killed a few of his own (a few hundred thousand to them would be a few out of 1.4 billion people) and spread the virus to other nations (especially to the USA) they would “level the economic playing field” and not have fired a shot.

Losses of his own people were acceptable costs of a new war. When China’s own doctors attempted to sound the warning, they were immediately silenced. In fact one died and another has simply disappeared. Trump and the other allied leaders indeed KNOW this is what happened. They have under reported their own deaths. Trump knows he cannot outrightly seek retribution. His news conference today showed me this when he balked publicly about no outright retribution over Xi’s handling of this and he immediately brought up the “trade deal”. However, Trump wasn’t being weak, he too was now being coy. We know this was a biological weapon. The food market story is bullshit.

Xi knows we know it. Trump also today announced he sent two battle groups of destroyers and other ships to sea several days ago to fight drugs and rogue actors like Iran should they try anything.

I say he did this to show Xi he knows what has transpired (we have the greatest intelligence assets) and that they (the Chinese) should rethink further action. Politics is premier. We cannot overtly attack China for what they have done as we would also suffer greatly. We all know this.

But China has temporarily achieved its goal. America was literally consumed by Trumps phony impeachment brought by the ultra left democrats (supported by democrat rank and file and one Republican Mitt Romney) and Xi Jingping saw an opening. He took it. Xi did what Trump usually does...he walked onto the world stage and threw a grenade into the “room” and left. It exploded in the form of this worldwide pandemic. It brought the USA and the rest of the world to its knees and leveled the economic playing field.

Our economy is now near depression. Xi didn’t fire one bullet. Trump needed to up his game of chess and putting our Naval ships to sea was his next move. He said he is a “war” President. He is.

But now on not one but two fronts. One front is the virus and the other front is the Chinese. While the Saudi’s and Russians are screwing with oil prices they aren’t overtly doing what this pandemic is doing. The drug smuggling story for dispatching the Naval Force is bullshit and the world knows it. I am of the opinion Trump can indeed bring us back from this catastrophe albeit with a changed playing field.

But Trump is a genius in chess and financial matters. He’s become a champ at international politics too. I am sure Trump can once again lead the economy to even stronger strength and greatness the it was . He can do it quickly I’m sure of it. He has proved it. Xi Jingping needs to be sent a message loud and clear. NEVER AGAIN. We need to bring all of our critical manufacturing back from China beginning with our medicines they were recently threatening to withhold. We can do it immediately. Again, another reason for Trump putting to sea such a sizable Naval Force. Sending a clear message.

We all must ride out the next few weeks. Then we and the world pick up the pieces and move on. The democrats who have given Xi this opening wrapped in a bow must pay a heavy price in November as they (the democrats) truly have cost and continue to cost America precious lives by the phony scandals. Nancy Pelosi continues to help the Chinese by her daily shameless attacks upon the President and meddling in stimulus packages as she did this last weekend. Yesterday’s statements she made were truly appalling and the lowest of low. I didn’t think she could go any lower. What a disgrace she is to our nation.

But, Pelosi aside, make no mistake, China must and will be taught a lesson the likes they have never seen before and Trump is the man to pull the trigger.

We the people must teach the democrats the same lesson at the polls. They (the radical wing of the party) are the enemy of a free America. I am certain of it. The entire democrat party of our forefathers is dead. Remember people, Trump indeed tried to warn us all of the Conavirus in his State of the Union Speech. He spoke of it. He said he was on top of it.

After he spoke , Nancy Pelosi ripped up the speech calling Trumps words “a manifesto of lies”. She disgraced the country and all of our fellow honored citizens present in the House Chamber. Well she now has American blood on her hands. She is very majorly responsible for these needless deaths as well as the Chinese. Her and Adam Schiff.

The left and democrats laughed as she tore up his speech. Well, as they laughed the disease he just spoke of in that speech came to our shores. Republicans and Democrats alike are now dying. Your family members and mine. Our grandparents and middle aged citizens alike. Bodies are being loaded in trucks with forklifts in Brooklyn outside of hospitals. No one is safe. Our liberty is for the most part suspended. As we bury our dead (without proper funerals) from this calamity let’s drive the nails into the coffin of the Democrat party as well in November.

It’s time people. Stand up for your rights and your country! Our Liberty and survival is at stake! I am praying for God’s blessing on our nation. But, God also gave us the ability to think for ourselves and it’s time we placed blame for all this death where it belongs: on the doorsteps of Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff and Xi Jingping directly.
🇺🇸Wake Up America.
WAKE UP!

Written by: Bill O'Reilly

quercus alba
04-14-2020, 12:30 AM
I’m not a conspiracy theorist but if history has taught us anything, it’s that nations and leaders of nations will go to great lengths and commit horrible atrocities to achieve their goals. Pelosi hating aside, I think that it’s entirely possible and maybe even probable. I’m only surprised it hasn’t happened sooner. I wouldn’t consider Bill O’Reilly a ringing endorsement for a fair and balanced facts tho......

Whether or not it’s true, it deserves being looked into. A lot of people will poo poo this but life is cheap in China.

Wonder if they’ll sell us some of the vaccine they’re giving their officials and families

Chicken Dinner
04-14-2020, 07:07 AM
Interesting opinion piece. True or not, it’s pretty short on actual facts.

Here’s an actual article on the same subject:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/03/17/covid-19-coronavirus-did-not-come-from-a-lab-study-shows-natural-origins/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
04-14-2020, 08:19 AM
I recently had a long conversation with my EXTREMELY Conservative bro-in-law where I mentioned this COVID thing all seems like a typical plot to a Hollywood movie to me. China develops a killer virus and some klutzy scientist drops a vial and it spreads to the surrounding town of Wuhan. We then started adding our own spin to the scenario and it soon sounded like we should record it and send the script to Hollywood and see if we could sell it! This all took place many, many weeks ago before we really knew how big it was going to get. I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but have to admit, some of them make me open my mind and think a bit. In this day and age, anything is possible ... but I take things like this with a grain of salt. I've also always been on the fence with O'Reilly. I DO think he's very intelligent, but I've never been totally "sold" on him. I look at him as a far right-wing Conservative, but he claims to be registered as an Independent. Maybe, maybe not ... but actual political leanings and what one TRIES to portray can be two different things. That said, I think the above is intriguing and thought provoking, but what intelligently construed conspiracy theory isn't? When I was in the intel field back during the Stone Age, we had an active Chinese mission working in my group. Although I never worked the mission, I had a good friend who did and we often shared some of the intel we were exposed to. I worked various "related" missions during my years in the field (Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Burma) and since China supported the North Vietnamese ... my missions and the China mission were "intertwined", I dealt mostly with the supply end (Ho Chi Minh Trail activity, etc). His mission was more focused on the mainland and it's governmental actions, etc. With that background, I look at some of these "hokey" conspiracy theories with a different eye and many times think .... "Naaaaaa .... but maybe!"

I also know for a fact, what is known by the general public is many times not even close to the truth ... or at least the whole story ... and at times like this, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in a few of the Presidential briefings! Trump (through his position) knows things we will never know and when he makes a move like sending two Naval battle groups to the area ... it's a show of strength. The question is, to whom and why.

It is an interesting read. I may not buy into all of it, but some of it I might.

Buckrub
04-14-2020, 09:17 AM
Many Conservative pundits do themselves a disservice because their egos are in the way. The POTUS suffers from this also. I hate big ego above any other trait. I can stomach a liar before I can an Elitist. Bill Clinton is the biggest ego I ever met personally. And typing that name probably enacts some Bot somewhere to track me down.

O'Reilly and Limbaugh are big egos. I liken them to some preachers I've listened to over the years. I may agree with their message, but they're so hard to listen to that I give up and move on. Trump would win many more supporters if he ditched hyperbole and ego. YET, that's maybe what endears him to many, that he's SO different. No one will remember, but for many years I advocated, with tongue somewhat in cheek, the Chaos Party in America. I said that until something big blows up the Status Quo, we're doomed. Well, here he is. For Isaac Asimov fans, he's The Mule. I literally laugh out loud (not LOL, but truly guffaw) when I watch him chew the crap out of some agenda-driven fake reporter. But admittedly, after a few minutes of that, I have to look away.

As to China, we need to nuke 'em. No, not literally. Just cut them off totally. No trade, no aid, no purchasing, no support, no rice! That would hurt me, and my son would probably be out of a job, but it's the right thing to do. They are simply harmful to the entire planet and we need to never again rely on them for anything. USA has not made one aspirin or one penicillin drug on our shores since 2002. That has to change.

As to Pelosi et al, I have a great deal of trouble fighting down the urge to hate. Their worst trait is that they hate, mostly without even having a reason. I believe they are truly evil, and a detriment to our country. I also believe that some of the tin foil hats were right all along. On the morning of November 4, the Losing Side will NOT "go quietly into that dark night". I see a split of some kind. Not bloodshed, Americans are too lazy for that.

And all of that will soon fade into darkness because all America will be talking about for the next few months is whether we SHOULD have gone back to work or not, because we ARE going back to work. This state has less than 1,500 positive cases, and 30 deaths. We are already almost there......Walmart and Lowe's parking lots are full every day. Traffic on the streets is about 1/2 to 2/3 of normal. The minority, maybe 40%, of folks not working are GOING to go back to work around May 1, no matter who says what. The Governors that are telling people they can't move about are violating the Constitution and should not be able to enforce those restrictions. I choose to stay home, as I am compromised. But choice is what Americans have, and they will exercise that choice, at least down here in Bubba-ville, very shortly.

As to elections, both sides think the next election will fix America FOR THEM. It won't. And it'll be dang close to 50/50, I'd bet.

At least there's a lot to talk about these days.

Buckrub
04-14-2020, 09:21 AM
OH, and when all that happens and folks move about, I'll probably die. LOL. I have heart and lung problems so I'm toast if I get it. But I'm willing to bet a dollar or two that when the lid comes off, that WAY fewer folks contract this than anyone is currently guessing. I hope they get this finger stick thing out to doctors offices everywhere soon, I'd like to know. We had a BAD few days back in March in Florida. Who knows. I'd LOVE to know!

HideHunter
04-14-2020, 09:22 AM
And.. I *never* thought I'd agree with anything that came out of this man's mouth. I watched the entire thing in awe - just knowing he was going to piss me off.. (and yes, I know he's just another "entertainer") But, he nailed this one:

https://whoradio.iheart.com/featured/simon-conway/content/2020-04-13-sjws-lose-their-minds-as-maher-speaks-the-truth-about-origins-of-covid19/?fbclid=IwAR3J06LiPVSRFZ3OeXh-QJ-Pk6tTYc2ZKg1skMpnsaoUuBNw8KXiox5SUOk#.XpSC177puT0. twitter

Chicken Dinner
04-14-2020, 09:41 AM
Oh, I’m love a good conspiracy theory as much, if not more, than the next guy. But, I always try to ask myself who has something to gain in wanting me to believe this?

Despite Russia trying desperately to remain relevant, China is out true enemy, or perhaps “rival” if you want to be kind, for the next century. It’s a symbiotic relationship though. They need our markets, but we need them to buy our cheap debt. The whole thing is a house of cards.

BarryBobPosthole
04-14-2020, 11:23 AM
What is interesting is that anyone finds any words that come out of his mouth to have any gravity at all. He has beencaught out in numerous self aggrandizing lies, like saying he was in the war zone during the Falklands War for example when he was nowwhere near it. He has settledwith cash not one, but SIX sexual harrasment cases. The man is an immoral liar.
And yet his words have traction because they are part of the echo chamber. This is nothing but conspiracy theory 101.

BKB

LJ3
04-14-2020, 02:10 PM
Seemed pretty straight on to me.

BBP, I would hope you apply that moral template to anyone you consider giving any credence to. That should leave you with about... carry the one... No public figure at all.

BarryBobPosthole
04-14-2020, 02:26 PM
And that’s the same argument they used when nixon was president.

I at least like to get my ‘fact’ from someone who isn’t a proven liar like ‘O’Reilly.

But you can if you wish.

BKb

LJ3
04-14-2020, 03:14 PM
I was referring to the Bill Mahr video. Dufus.

Wait. Am I the dufus or are you?

Let's go with you. You're the dufus.

Chicken Dinner
04-14-2020, 04:08 PM
Hard to Argue with the Bill Maher video. I also have no problem calling it the China Virus.

BarryBobPosthole
04-14-2020, 04:27 PM
And thereisa big difference between a bloviating politician or news anchor and I agree they all do a great deal of it, and a professional and habitual liar.

And just remember, thanks to his six catch and kill settlements with women he assaulted O’Reilly is free while Harvey weinstein is in prison for basically the same thing.

Bkb

Penguin
04-15-2020, 08:09 AM

To me this little map kind of captures it.

To my dismay, the subject of Covid-19 has achieved the same kind of divisiveness that formerly was reserved for global warming. I am one of the few who has come out and declared that he believes global warming is real, it is man-made, and, yes, most every Green New Deal I've looked at is nothing more than achieving political victory by using climate change as a convenient excuse. Meanwhile the step that would actually achieve something is like the love that dare not speak its name.... it goes unnoticed and unmentioned.

The ability to believe something that takes nuance. A lost skill in America.

Will

Thumper
04-15-2020, 08:31 AM

To me this little map kind of captures it.

To my dismay, the subject of Covid-19 has achieved the same kind of divisiveness that formerly was reserved for global warming. I am one of the few who has come out and declared that he believes global warming is real, it is man-made, and, yes, most every Green New Deal I've looked at is nothing more than achieving political victory by using climate change as a convenient excuse. Meanwhile the step that would actually achieve something is like the love that dare not speak its name.... it goes unnoticed and unmentioned.

The ability to believe something that takes nuance. A lost skill in America. Will

And put me down as a check mark in the "I agree 100% with Willy" category. :thumbsup

BarryBobPosthole
04-15-2020, 09:23 AM
Me too Willy!
BKB

HideHunter
04-15-2020, 09:46 AM
^^^yep.. yep.. yep..^^^

And congratulations are in order.. This is us

https://iowastartingline.com/2020/04/13/louisa-county-covid-19-rate-now-worse-than-new-york-state/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork&fbclid=IwAR2ZzlBmlj3Fs7EYoZ4KrCYg-6ivKAYTe4OHA50lJ8rVW5ca5Q2yEIJVMsE

basically rural county with 11,000 residents.. Unfortunately, we are home to a meat packing plant where they actually bus workers in.. Many live 3/4 generations -27 people in one house.. Many have spouses and next of kin working in the plant in the next county.. Along with that - much of the "younger" generation wasn't taking any precautions at all. Bars are closed, and many weren't working - so there was a "house party" at least 1/2 a week... ticking time bomb - oh.. and the latest count (of 21 hours ago) 189

Thumper
04-15-2020, 09:51 AM
OUCH!

BarryBobPosthole
04-15-2020, 09:54 AM
When it comes to cafos and meat packing plants, we may yet go through another Upton Sinclair ‘The Jungle’ type moment when that onion gets peeled a bit more.

BKB

Thumper
04-15-2020, 09:57 AM
Half our state is made up of nursing homes and they're getting hammered right now. To make matters worse, the residents of those places are the most vulnerable.

BarryBobPosthole
04-15-2020, 10:15 AM
In Florida, its the pickersI worry about most. Those work camps are crowded for the seasonal times they come in to pick. That could put a big crimp in the food chain!

BKb

Thumper
04-15-2020, 10:28 AM
I'm a picker.

Oh! You mean the farm workers! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
04-15-2020, 10:31 AM
Not nose pickers, dufe. Or was that doof?

What did we decide on that?

BKB

Thumper
04-15-2020, 10:36 AM
I'd say "dufe" is the G/H standard ... but to the rest of the world, it's officially "doof".

Did that answer your question? ;)

Buckrub
04-15-2020, 10:51 AM
Nice Venn diagram Willy. I'm there too but I'd color the circles differently......one red, one yellow, or such.

Trouble is, there are folks in the upper right hand of that..........not in the intersection. They don't care one whit about this virus, but do care about earning a living. And if they are stupid, then fine, but that should not be illegal. That guy has rights too. Just cause he's out and about is no guarantee he's a ticking time bomb. In the end, this is going to shake out as having far less fatality or morbidity percentages than thought at first......even when we all get back 'out there'.

But ME? I'm compromised so I choose to stay hiding under the bed. But it's my choice, not the governments dictation.

Penguin
04-15-2020, 11:03 AM
I agree Bill. Completely.

And you know what? I am really sympathetic to those guys/gals as well. They are getting hammered very hard by this. Heck I was one of them for a goodly portion of my life. Guys that have very little put away because just living sucks the paycheck dry. I understand where they are coming from and I agree that we should not just let them swing.

I saw a VERY good article on just this issue a few weeks back. Spoke about how this shutdown has split the upper and lower portions of the populace right down the middle. You have rich people that don't get hurt by shutting down because their living is mostly digital. You have others whose fortune depends on producing something and they are being hammered. On the lower levels of the income strata you've got the same thing going on. Those who are retired or make a living that is somewhat guaranteed don't mind sitting this one out. But those working poor who have to bring home a paycheck to make ends meet are in a position where working is not an option. They HAVE to and need to get back to work.

And to make it worse we have a lot of posturing that shames the people in the last category. It is unfair and cheap to do that I think. But somebody is going to get hurt. Maybe a lot of somebodies. The only question is who it is and how they take steps to insulate themselves. Its pretty obvious that the same people who got saved in 2008 have gotten saved again in 2020. They wield a lot of power over the system I guess.

Will

BarryBobPosthole
04-15-2020, 11:07 AM
When it becomes legal and moral to drive your truck into a crowd of people on the sidewalk then it’ll be legal and moral for a person to return to go into the public untested, regardless of what they are doing.
People don’t seem to comprehend that it isn’t just all about them.

BKB

Thumper
04-15-2020, 11:12 AM
Says a guy in the "retired or make a living that is somewhat guaranteed don't mind sitting this one out" category. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
04-15-2020, 11:19 AM
I understand the need to put beans on the table as much as anyone. Nobody ever paid for my beans either, and isn’t now.

The pressure to return to normal will increase because of these very things until somebody somewhere defines for us what the finish line is. ‘We have our top men working on the problem’ is as old and as useless an answer as it has ever been.

I just want to see the conditionsthat we think have to be met before its time. Otherwise it is anarchy. And our worse nightmares could come true. And its also true that people will claim it ain’t no big deal just to get back to work too. That is idiocy. Just tell us what the goal is.
BKB

Penguin
04-15-2020, 11:28 AM
Yep, it is a tough choice. And an emotionally charged one. I see the different sides and hope that I can continue onward with things as they are. I pray my job remains stable. If so I will weather this OK.

A good start would have been a bottom up bailout this time around. That would have made this argument moot. It isn't the world we live in now.

Will

Thumper
04-15-2020, 11:42 AM
I can't argue with what you're saying P-hole ... it just really hurts to agree with you. :poke

I feel very lucky right now in that I paid my house off in August, my truck is paid for and I have Social Security, some VA disability payments as well as a little home-based side business going. Lynn is out of work, but at least has unemployment to fall back on. As a security blanket, she's also old enough to start drawing Social Security if worse comes to worse. We've busted our asses contributing to her 401K and IRA for many years, but that's pretty much fubar right now. I'd have to say we're in a comfortable position compared to many, so I can't complain.

BUT ... I had a thriving business in 2008 that i'd built from the ground up for 20 years and it flew out the window almost overnight when the economy tanked. I had a couple months of money saved, but not near enough to make up for the losses and actually pay my bills. In a panic, I started driving a frigging truck to earn a paycheck. After only 1-1/2 years of that, my health took a nose-dive and within short order, I was financially devastated and honestly didn't have a clue how we were going to survive the downturn. SOMEHOW it worked out and I was able to pull myself up by my bootstraps and return to a somewhat normal life, but it was a lot of work.

Now this. I look back and wonder how I'd be able to handle it if it had been an earlier time before I salvaged what I had left to salvage. I'm not sure I'd have had enough left in me to pull through this one. There are a LOT of people out there who are in much worse positions than I was in and I'm not sure how they're going to make it. I remember a few years back, a young dude who looked totally healthy (to me) tried to bum a buck off of me in front of Walmart. I was in a bad mood to begin with and told him to get a fucking job! It was really his approach that turned me off, it's like he thought I was "obligated" to help him out. His response? He's tried but there ARE no jobs! Sorry, that didn't fly with me and I told him he can ALWAYS get a job flipping burgers at MacD's, then I walked off. Today, one can't even fall back on a burger flipping job and if there were one open, there'd be elebenty-bazillion others standing in line for it. Although we're having a bit of a rough time, I'm VERY grateful to be in the position I'm in today and will have no problem riding this one out. But that's just me ... and you ... and a few others around here. Some aren't so fortunate.

BarryBobPosthole
04-15-2020, 11:49 AM
That’s the hard truth of it, Jim.
BKB

Buckrub
04-16-2020, 09:29 PM
Well, y'all don't like politics and if you did, I'd be on the wrong side. But a "reporter" today strongly suggested that a "Shadow Government" be formed. Rather than post a link to a site that y'all would denigrate, just Google "Stephanie Rhule Shadow Government". And before you pooh-pooh the idea as silly, and not worthy of discussion, I'd pray you think a bit harder. This is simply treason. If it is not, convince me why not. If I could, I would arrest her for Treason tomorrow. Now, that will never happen, because that would hasten the beginning of the Big Split, which will be really bad.

When you stop laughing at me for all that, consider the article Eddie posted above, just 3 days ago. Many probably thought it was silly........3 days ago. It is silly in one aspect. It wasn't a bio-weapon. It was a sloppy mistake in a Level 4 bio-research facility, and exacerbated by a stupid lady researcher. It had nothing to do with Horseshoe Bats, the closest one of which was, and is, 600 miles away.......and which are not now, nor have they ever, been sold at the local Wet Market. Speaking of which, it is now back open. If China thought it was the source, why reopen it?

I am so very glad that I am old. I am also glad that the drugs have freed me from my paranoia. Now, these crazy ideas are no longer paranoid ones. They're danged real. LOL

P.S.
The world according to us Piggies, is going to open back up by mid May. Look for us to lead y'all out of the darkness, and to the Light.

P.S.S.
Some risks are acceptable. Some are not. Trashing the Bill of Rights to ensure that citizens can't buy paint and furniture, is an unworthy goal.

By the way, I haven't studied it, but I DID see measurable goals to be met before we "open up", not just setting a date no matter what. Not sure what else anyone wants.

But I'm telling you that the folks in this state see this as being no worse than the flu, and maybe way WAY less, and we can talk all day but Bubba down here is not going to sit home much longer. That's not a suggestion, or do I necessarily agree, that's simply an observation.

Buckrub
04-16-2020, 09:36 PM
When it becomes legal and moral to drive your truck into a crowd of people on the sidewalk then it’ll be legal and moral for a person to return to go into the public untested, regardless of what they are doing.

BKB

My first and last. Then I'm outta here. Driving your truck into a crowd is not guaranteed, nay, ENSHRINED, into the Bill of Rights in the US Constitution. Assembling peaceably IN PUBLIC, is.

I'm gone.

Arty
04-16-2020, 09:55 PM

BKB

Didn’t you go to the store in the last week or so?
How many people did you run over on your way there?

Oh wait, THAT is different. Now I get it!

Carry on!

BarryBobPosthole
04-16-2020, 10:54 PM
I wore a mask and observed social distancing. Like I’m supposed to. And I wouldn’t want to scratch my truck. Its gotta last me through retirement.

Thumper
04-17-2020, 12:29 AM
I wore a mask and observed social distancing. Like I’m supposed to. And I wouldn’t want to scratch my truck. Its gotta last me through retirement.

It's a Toyota .... it will.

Oh, and your wearing a mask is a blessing to all who look at you ... in more ways than one! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
04-17-2020, 01:02 AM
Hey. I am swave and deboner.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
04-17-2020, 12:15 PM
Interesting data from last week for states without shutdown orders:

The bump in coronavirus cases is most pronounced in states without stay at home orders. Oklahoma saw a 53% increase in cases over the past week, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. Over same time, cases jumped 60% in Arkansas, 74% in Nebraska, and 82% in Iowa. South Dakota saw a whopping 205% spike.

BarryBobPosthole
04-17-2020, 12:33 PM
And yet our governor is saying we are flat in our numbers. We’ll be opened for business soon despite what science says. The new science is Dr Oz and Foxnews. The ‘liberate Oklahoma’ idiots are already out in force.

Meanwhile, many of the ones calling for liberations are hiding in their homes peeking through their blinds. Its fine for everyone else to go back to work, just not them.

27% of Oklahomans have underlying health conditions that make the virus much more deadly. We’re one of the unhealthiest states in Anerica.
We love our bacon and we love our freedom and lord jesus yes we love our insulin!

Get to work! We need the gene pool cleansed.

BKb

DeputyDog
04-17-2020, 02:02 PM
This is another interesting development. A homeless shelter in Boston had a “small cluster of cases” so they tested all 397 occupants and 146 tested positive. Strange thing is, not a single one of them had shown any symptoms.

So how many of the “essential” workers that are out stocking your food among other things are positive for this and are asymptomatic?

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/trending/coronavirus-cdc-reviewing-stunning-universal-testing-results-boston-homeless-shelter/ZADQ45HCAZEVJAZA3OTCUR7M6M/?outputType=amp

Thumper
04-17-2020, 02:18 PM
Maybe the trick is drugs and booze. 😉

Penguin
04-17-2020, 02:37 PM
Keith Richards agreed Jim. :p

BarryBobPosthole
04-17-2020, 03:08 PM
This is another interesting development. A homeless shelter in Boston had a “small cluster of cases” so they tested all 397 occupants and 146 tested positive. Strange thing is, not a single one of them had shown any symptoms.

So how many of the “essential” workers that are out stocking your food among other things are positive for this and are asymptomatic?

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/trending/coronavirus-cdc-reviewing-stunning-universal-testing-results-boston-homeless-shelter/ZADQ45HCAZEVJAZA3OTCUR7M6M/?outputType=amp

And that’s the rub isn’t it? At a minimum every cop, fireman, emt, doctor nurse,healthcare worker, school employee, anyone who prepares or serves food and drink, preacher, city employee, and so on has to be tested. And like WV, every nursing home resident and employee needsto be tested. And all those people need followup tests every so often too.
This policy of only testing people with symptoms creates misleading data.

And the states must do this and they need help. Which is what the Dems are holding out for in this PPP bill. We need to fund what we have to do to get back to business safely before we pass another payday loan bill.
If you have a leak in your gas tank how many times do you refill it before you fix the damn leak? Same deal here. its no big mysterious deal.
If you are against that, you’re against people going back to work.

BKB

Thumper
04-17-2020, 03:08 PM
Speaking of Keith Richards, it looks like The Stones have just joined the line-up for the One World: Together At Home Concert Special tomorrow night. :thumbsup

Arty
04-17-2020, 03:22 PM

Another interesting point is all the “assumed” deaths.... not tested, just died of respiratory or other covid related symptom(s).

Perhaps not a big deal, but if you look on the CDC website, the estimated number of deaths for the FLU are anywhere between 4000, and 10,000 per month (their estimate is a wide range)

Who’s to say up to 10,000 of the “covid” deaths aren’t the flu?

Or pneumonia for that matter.

BarryBobPosthole
04-17-2020, 03:23 PM
Because they have tests for the flu, Daryl.

BKb

Arty
04-17-2020, 04:14 PM
Because they have tests for the flu, Daryl.

BKb

Weak.
You know exactly what I’m talking about.

BarryBobPosthole
04-17-2020, 04:27 PM
I understand what you mean, but what I think we don’t see eye to eye on is the reason the CDC has started revising their covid death numbers. From the way you’ve framed it, I take it that you think they are inflating the numbers for some (unexplained) purpose other than trying to improve accuracy. Really, those numbers are massaged pretty often for all diseases. Prolly sometimes to make it look like they were more accurate predicters than the numbers initially showed. I don’t know that I could argue with that.

And this in no way can be compared with the flu, swimming pool deaths, car fatalities, albanian clap, your pick. Listen to Fauci. This spreads like wildfire and is a killer. I think the flu comparison will go away after we’ve seen more than just the tip of the iceberg. And that’s where my feelers are twitching. I think supressing testing suppresses the real reach of the disease. And intentional suppression of testing is the only reason I can think of that we don’t have what we were promised: anybody who wants a test. an get one.

BKB

quercus alba
04-17-2020, 04:28 PM
politicians aren't above using a good killer virus to further their agenda (either party). several celebrities have died of covid related symptoms. You could probably be just as accurate to say flu like symptoms. We don't have a vaccine or natural immunity against covid yet so naturally it's going to spread faster than the flu, kinda like smallpox thru the Aztec nation. Trump is going to blame the democrats and the democrats are gonna blame Trump. Bottom line, it's just one of those things we have to deal with and not worry about woulda coulda shoulda. Take reasonable precautions and do what you have to do, sooner or later it'll pass or we'll all die. Either way it will end

personally, I blame Bush

BarryBobPosthole
04-17-2020, 04:41 PM
I don’t see a thing wrong with the president’s plan/guide for reopening business. The degree that the states comply might range pretty widely. According to the president’s plan, Oklahoma wouldn’t be eligible to go to phase one until around July 1 and that’s if our current number trends stay the way they are. Our governor plans to start reopening May 6. And Trump is encouraging states to ‘liberate’ their citizens without providing their side of the bargain to even implement the plan that was rolled out yesterday.
So there’s that.
Is any of that political?

BKB

Buckrub
04-17-2020, 05:30 PM
Some governors are bat snot crazy. Some are not. Same with citizens. Really REALLY same with Congress. Blame is easy.

Citizens all over are doing just what I said they'd do. Rebelling. Revolting. Because the right to assemble is an absolute. It's not arguable, or changeable. Requirements that you can shop but not buy paint, are just suggestions. Every court will bear that out someday.........should they ever decide to come back into session!!! LOL

Freedom always trumps Safety. Period. Yak yak yak. Jibber Jabber. nothing will change that fact. I didn't do much, but I wore a uniform to protect Freedom. Not once did I swear to uphold Safety.

That said, I'm compromised and not stupid, so I'm hiding under the bed. That's just me though.

California just announced that the infection rate is about 85 times higher than what was reported. WOW! That means many have gotten it and never knew it. That lowers the death "rate" a lot. Still, those who do get it, this thing is nasty. Bad nasty. But not for everyone.

We can't hunker down in place till it's over. Sorry, but that won't fly. The only people suggesting that have a billion or two in an IRA and/or a nice fixed pension. So we are GOING to get out (we are here, I am guaranteeing you....Bubba here thinks this is a big government hoax), and then it's going to grab whoever it grabs, and the rest are gonna go back to serving biscuits and swinging hammers.

That is what is GOING to happen. What SHOULD happen will fly like the wind into oblivion.

BarryBobPosthole
04-17-2020, 05:37 PM
There are several instance in US history where basic human rights were curtailed and even inalienable rights taken away for the sake of safety of the rest of the nation. They’re easy enough to find. The actions we took around WWII were very invasive on personal liberty. The difference between now and then is everybody wasn’t an amateur epidemiologist because they saw something on the internet.
We have people like Dr Fauci. I believe I’ll take his advice and so should everyone else. If its overkill, we can crucify him later.

BKB

quercus alba
04-17-2020, 05:50 PM
Is any of that political?

BKB

I was painting with a broad brush Barry. Been a whole lot of politics since this thing started

Arty
04-17-2020, 06:36 PM
I understand what you mean, but what I think we don’t see eye to eye on is the reason the CDC has started revising their covid death numbers. From the way you’ve framed it, I take it that you think they are inflating the numbers for some (unexplained) purpose other than trying to improve accuracy. Really, those numbers are massaged pretty often for all diseases. Prolly sometimes to make it look like they were more accurate predicters than the numbers initially showed. I don’t know that I could argue with that.

And this in no way can be compared with the flu, swimming pool deaths, car fatalities, albanian clap, your pick. Listen to Fauci. This spreads like wildfire and is a killer. I think the flu comparison will go away after we’ve seen more than just the tip of the iceberg. And that’s where my feelers are twitching. I think supressing testing suppresses the real reach of the disease. And intentional suppression of testing is the only reason I can think of that we don’t have what we were promised: anybody who wants a test. an get one.

BKB

I’d think that “padding the numbers” by what cannot be argued is a huge huge percentage, would actually encourage more testing. Yet you say “they” are suppressing testing?

If half of what’s reported had actually been confirmed as covid, wouldn’t you think LESS people would want testing? And if your theory is correct (we didn’t get what was promised) wouldn’t it be the OTHER way around?

And who promised it? Oh wait, I know, Trump!
That sucker has us all by the balls. What a big conspiracy!
“Leave it to the state governors to decide”.... what a moron!

BarryBobPosthole
04-17-2020, 06:46 PM
Lol you’re the one claiming there was a conspiracy.

Riddle me this Batman. If testing is ubiquitous and available why are we only still testing people with symptoms? Why haven’t we started testing asymptomatic essential workers? Why is WV the first state to wade in and test all nursing home workers and residents? FFS why hasn’t that been done in Florida?

I’m not sayong its a conspiracy. I’m saying that the responsibility has been neatly shifted to the states without any of the support they need to do it. And tests. Our governor said today Oklahoma can test anyone that needs a test. As long as they have covid symptoms.

BKB

Buckrub
04-17-2020, 06:56 PM
If testing is ubiquitous that just started. Friend's wife got it and they never did get tested till most of her bible study got it, and the news people started sniffing around. They were told by doc originally to go home and take tylenol. No test. That was weeks ago, admittedly.

Free tests? Friend told of situation of his boss's granddaughter getting sick and had no insurance. She went to get tested and they wanted $490.00. Second hand info, yeah, I get it. Might be bogus, but still.

And which test? There are 70 companies vying to become "THE test". Do they all work? I dunno. I know FDA's procedures are ignorant and take too long in this situation. I also know tests have to be proven to work. SO..........6 of one, half dozen of other. Who knows. Not me.

Two sides, same coin. Side A.......we need to test almost everybody to know if they HAVE it.......or if they HAD it..........or not. If not, I guess we test them every week?????????????????????????? Makes no sense. But not sure what else to do IF we MUST test everyone before Team Apocalypse feels safe enough to emerge from cocoon. Side B......Screw it, folks will die, let's go. The deaths will be way less than flu and we don't hunker down in place for that. The deaths will be less than cancer or heart attacks or car wrecks. In other words, Life has Risks. Death from poverty is just as dead. Death from despair is just as dead.

Lastly, "We have to listen the Experts" is just a ruse to really mean "Our leaders suck so let's not listen to them". Trouble with that is three fold. One, I didn't elect the experts to lead me. Two, the leaders HAVE been listening to the experts. Saying they haven't is contradicting what the experts assert. And three, the danged Experts have been bad wrong from Day one!!!

Come September or so.........folks are going to look back on this and say "Can you believe we did all that?"...............but those affected are not. It's a bad disease. Truly.

BarryBobPosthole
04-17-2020, 06:59 PM
I am not the one saying testing is ubitquitous. Your fearless lying bastard president is the one saying it.

BKB

DeputyDog
04-17-2020, 07:03 PM
It seems that if everyone was tested a lot of people that are not showing any symptoms would test positive according to multiple reports of asymptomatic people testing positive.

If so, that would make the lethality of this a lot a lot lower than what people think and has been reported.

BarryBobPosthole
04-17-2020, 07:08 PM
Agreed. The main thing though is those asymptomatic people can be isolated.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
04-17-2020, 07:08 PM
Agreed. The main thing though is those asymptomatic people can be isolated.

BKB

Thumper
04-17-2020, 07:32 PM
DOUBLE isolation I say! ;)

DeputyDog
04-17-2020, 07:49 PM
The thing is, like has been said, if you are testing people that are not showing any symptoms and aren’t feeling sick, how long does this go on and how often do people get tested?

I know they are different diseases but I don’t get a strep test every time I go to the doctor with a sore throat and I don’t get a flu test in flu season if I’m not feeling sick.

So is the answer is to do testing on everyone regularly and make the companies that make the tests rich or keep everyone isolated indefinitely.

Arty
04-17-2020, 08:09 PM
Lol you’re the one claiming there was a conspiracy.

Riddle me this Batman. If testing is ubiquitous and available why are we only still testing people with symptoms? Why haven’t we started testing asymptomatic essential workers? Why is WV the first state to wade in and test all nursing home workers and residents? FFS why hasn’t that been done in Florida?

I’m not sayong its a conspiracy. I’m saying that the responsibility has been neatly shifted to the states without any of the support they need to do it. And tests. Our governor said today Oklahoma can test anyone that needs a test. As long as they have covid symptoms.

BKB

You didn’t answer the question. Go cut on CNN and come back later with your report.

I never claimed conspiracy. I asked you witobf you were “insinuating”.

As a country, we ain’t got reliable testing to cover the masses. That is of no consequence to either party. We don’t have it. Period. Trump has golden toilets, but he can’t shit good tests. The Dems thought China had some... WRONG.

The answer, however, is NOT to call basically every respiratory death on Covid, for any reason. Whether that’s for lack of testing, instilling fear, hospitals getting to claim the covid stimulus $$ (yeah, don’t think that doesn’t play into this)... I don’t know.

What i am most definitely without a doubt saying is that we do not know what the death rate is. Period.
Nor do we know how many are or have been infected.

In my world, that raises questions. Perhaps not yours.

I’m still wearing a mask when I go out (wore it today to get beer!), our whole family plans trips out and we don’t “go just to go”.
But all that said, for what? We don’t ultimately know. Might be for something that is no worse than the flu. MIGHT be something that is worse than the thumperThailand boy/girl clap.
The answer is we don’t know. And I guess I’m on the side that believes that there is a slight hint of BS in everything we hear and see on both sides and that whatever happens we cannot, and as a country, we will not, be shut down forever. The Dems holding solid ground on staying closed are doing it because trump laid out a plan. Had trump said stay closed, they’d be trying to open. It’s how it works today. It’s sad, but it’s true.

Thays my thoughts. Just some ignorant C math student that thinks this might not be the governments strong suit. Whether it is the WHO, the big Orange, or the big witch with the gavel.

I don’t care which side you take and what your actions are. I just hope you and yours stay safe. Cause just like me, there ain’t one person reading this that has stayed home since this started. And between right now and 4/30, you’ll be out again.

Whether it’s for food, or fishing at a distance. Call it whatever. You can’t claim to need to close it down and then pick your battles on what is ok and not ok.

DeputyDog
04-17-2020, 08:19 PM
If he lived in Michigan he couldn’t even go fishing.

Arty
04-17-2020, 08:28 PM
If he lived in Michigan he couldn’t even go fishing.

He could if he had an auger!

BarryBobPosthole
04-17-2020, 08:28 PM
Sorry, Jamie I didn’t answer that part.

First: This recount of deaths is being led by the CDC not the states. They saw sharp increases, 400% in some places, of heart/lung deaths and they are trying to connect the dots on the reason for the increases.

If you have a better suspect than covid, i’d like to hear it. So I guess I don’t go along with it being something nefarious.

It does beg the question though, if they’re so good at seeing these triggers at the county level like they say they do why didn’t they, the CDC, catch these?

And ps, I heard the above on CNN but it came out of the CDC directors mouth. And you may be dead on right when you say the gummint isn’t very good at this. They haven’t inspired much faith so far.

BKB

DeputyDog
04-17-2020, 08:34 PM

That woman from Michigan, as the big orange calls her, says that boating is not an outdoors activity that is allowed under her stay at home order.

https://www.13abc.com/content/news/Boating-banned-in--569596981.html

DeputyDog
04-17-2020, 08:42 PM
Here’s another similar article from the west coast. It’s starting to sound like this isn’t nearly as lethal as it has been portrayed.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-antibody-testing-finds-bay-area-infections-85-times-higher-reported-researchers.amp

BarryBobPosthole
04-17-2020, 08:59 PM
Good article. arty needs to read this one.

BKB

Buckrub
04-17-2020, 09:27 PM
Pooh Poohing those who disagree with you is a silly method of arguing. Fauci is great at what he does. Economics and Freedom and Rights is not what he does. He does what he does because Trump does NOT do what he does, so he hired Fauci.

Buncha talk.

Here's what I don't get. IF you tested every person in America tomorrow........now think on this........every one..........what would you know? You would know how many people have it, and how many do not. You also know how many have died (Maybe.......turns out they're counting heart attacks too, in places. Just nuts). So, you would know what?

You would know the death rate TODAY, and the INFECTION rate today. That's it. The death RATE would decrease because the denominator went way up. But everyone that's negative, could easily be positive tomorrow. Or next week. So how do you combat that potential error? You'd have to test every negative, EVERY DAY.

THAT is what is wrong with the concept of ubiquitous testing.

Me? I wanna know if I've had it. I want the serology test that says "Yep, you had it, you lived, and now you're immune".

Buckrub
04-17-2020, 09:30 PM
I do know Freedoms are eroding. Five seconds ago I just got a stern warning from another chat site because I called VA Governor "Governor KlanRobe Blackface".

I can't see the problem. It's true. Noticing the truth and commenting thereupon is increasingly being frowned on. Especially if you are as snarky at it as I am!!! :D

Buckrub
04-17-2020, 10:03 PM
By the way, how can we keep on depending on the voice of these experts? 2 million will die. Oops, we meant 250,000. Oops we meant 60,000. You can NOT wear a mask, it is actually a problem. Oops, wear a mask. In January, Cotton is a nut for claiming it came from a lab in Wuhan. Ooops, maybe he's right. Don't congregate. Ooops, you can if it's "essential" like a grocery store, or Home Depot, or Walmart. Parking lots here for those are full every day.

Bull crap. Government sucks, and always has, and always will. Molon Labe.

Arty
04-17-2020, 10:08 PM
Good article. arty needs to read this one.

BKB

Read it? I could have a wrote it!

If you consider that article true and all those people are asymptomatic, and the deaths there are truly all covid related (which isn’t even close to being accurate), that lends more credence to my argument.

No need for me to read it!

Arty
04-17-2020, 10:09 PM
By the way, how can we keep on depending on the voice of these experts? 2 million will die. Oops, we meant 250,000. Oops we meant 60,000. You can NOT wear a mask, it is actually a problem. Oops, wear a mask. In January, Cotton is a nut for claiming it came from a lab in Wuhan. Ooops, maybe he's right. Don't congregate. Ooops, you can if it's "essential" like a grocery store, or Home Depot, or Walmart. Parking lots here for those are full every day.

Bull crap. Government sucks, and always has, and always will. Molon Labe.

Damnit, We need 30,000 ventilators!

Arty
04-17-2020, 10:12 PM
I do know Freedoms are eroding. Five seconds ago I just got a stern warning from another chat site because I called VA Governor "Governor KlanRobe Blackface".

I can't see the problem. It's true. Noticing the truth and commenting thereupon is increasingly being frowned on. Especially if you are as snarky at it as I am!!! :D

Us Virginians just call him Uncle Jemima.

Buckrub
04-17-2020, 10:22 PM

But he gets to skate on his evil background. Just ignore it. Media never pushes it. But Kavanaugh gets hammered, and had not one picture or shred of evidence. The double standard is just mind boggling.

Screw censure. I've helped a ton of folks on that website. But if I have to be politically correct, or not expose vile behavior when I know it exists, screw 'em and their horse. Life's too short. It literally amazes me these days how absolutely stupid some really smart people are.

Chicken Dinner
04-18-2020, 07:27 AM

Don’t make me “moderate” your racist ass! (Wait, how can calling a racist a racist be racist? I’m so confused...)

Penguin
04-18-2020, 09:14 AM
Why WV?

That's easy: our cultural history. Independent Scots settled the joint and then got royally screwed by the economic elite when timber and coal became valuable.

Result? You have a group of people who don't trust business or government a whole lot. This is just common sense in our minds. It is nuts to a lot of others.

My wife was told she'll get tested when she gets to work on Tuesday and regularly afterward. She and I agree with the decision.

I don't think it is even worth arguing over. If a dirt poor state like ours can do it every state should be able to. And asap it should be expanded. We're playing for time here. String this thing out, keep below hospital capacity, get a decent vaccine as quickly as we can, keep your decency alive in hard times.

The real sin isn't that we are making bad decisions. That is going to happen in a pandemic. Human nature. It is not structuring the bailout in a way that avoided these decisions that was the sin. AND it is exposing other sins in our health care system and workplace structure.

We pay for these bills when we try to get our economy running again. I think we may have hamstrung ourselves here.

Will

Buckrub
04-18-2020, 09:57 AM
And the Plot Thickens.............

Around a third of participants in a Massachusetts study tested positive for coronavirus, according to researchers.

The Mass. General study took samples from 200 residents on the street in Chelsea, MA. Participants remained anonymous and provided a drop of blood to researchers, who were able to produce a result in ten minutes with a rapid test.

Sixty-four of the participants tested positive – a “sobering” result, according to Thomas Ambrosino, Chelsea’s city manager.

Hombre
04-18-2020, 11:03 AM
"By the way, how can we keep on depending on the voice of these experts? " <------ This. Literally a month ago the CDC said American's should not wear masks, and now its almost mandatory. I find it increasingly hard to believe the experts or those running the country have my interest in mind.

Arty
04-18-2020, 11:15 AM
Don’t make me “moderate” your racist ass! (Wait, how can calling a racist a racist be racist? I’m so confused...)

Being confused is phase 1 of the mind melding conspiracy plan!

BarryBobPosthole
04-18-2020, 11:19 AM
I think most of them, with one big orange notable exception, have our best interest in mind. But they seem, at times, as lost as a goose.

But they are what we got. I suppose we could listen to Hannity, or Don Lemon, or dr Phil but they’re definitely not in it for us.

The best leader I’ve seen so far in practice is Andrew Cuomo.

BKB

Thumper
04-18-2020, 11:50 AM
Cuomo?? The media hog?

BTW, when the Bird Flu was the big story (2006), then Governor Mike Bloomberg came up with a pandemic plan and started stockpiling masks and respirators. 5-6 years ago, Governor Cuomo auctioned off the State's stockpile. Now he's screaming about the Federal Governments ineptitude on a daily basis and demanding respirators! Go figure.

He raised Hell and managed to get the Navy hospital ship docked in New York Harbor. The intention was for it to take on non-COVID patients to free up space in New York's hospitals for the more serious COVID cases and treatments. The last I heard, they'd had something like 27 patients transferred to the 1000 bed hospital ship.

To me, he's just a squeaky wheel.

Buckrub
04-18-2020, 11:56 AM
Cuomo is less than a zero. Bloviating Titty Baby. Never happy. Always wants more, or blames others when his own mistakes come to light. Takes 19 sentences to say what one should say. Has pierced nipples. Probably rusted and went to his brain. He needs to stay in that nasty smelly place up there. I say again, it amazes me how dumb some really smart people are.

DeputyDog
04-18-2020, 12:36 PM
Here is some more interesting reading.
If the only known positive case in the entire state so far was already in quarantine and had no contact with anyone in this story, and so many people are positive but not showing any symptoms it will be impossible to identify patient zero and determine how this really spread.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/04/18/coronavirus-indiana-lawrence-central-basketball-sectional-10/5145870002/

Buckrub
04-18-2020, 04:50 PM
Brains. Maybe should be in humor section. But somehow it's too true to be funny.