PDA

View Full Version : Well, check your bank accounts.

Thumper
04-15-2020, 12:11 PM
I have a friend who received her stimulus check today, so I just checked our account. It looks like Lynn's $1200 hit the bank today. Mine will be late as I wasn't doing direct deposit way back when I was required to file a tax return, so I'll be waiting on a paper check.

I guess it's actually happening.

Penguin
04-15-2020, 12:27 PM
You are right Jimmy. Ours landed this morning. Haven't got any plans for it so I suppose it will sit there until we have a water heater go out or something like that.

Will

BarryBobPosthole
04-15-2020, 01:15 PM
I told them I wanted mine to be paid in gummint cheese.

BKB

Thumper
04-15-2020, 01:17 PM
You’re cheesy enough without it! 🙄

jb
04-15-2020, 02:40 PM
None here yet either, have not received a tax refund in over 25 years,so they have no direct deposit info on me. If I qualified for any I just rolled it over toward my quarterly payment,but usually it came out that I owed something.
If we do get something, wife and I have decided we'd donate it to our favorite charities, as they need it now more than we do.
Not bragging, it's just we don't need it, our kids don't need it, but I (we) see families around here that could use a little help, I hate to see kids going to bed hungry or a single mom worried about this months rent.

Thumper
04-15-2020, 02:59 PM
Ummm, Bubba ... do you need my direct deposit info? ;)

quercus alba
04-15-2020, 03:01 PM
Ours came in today, we don't really need it, we make out fine on bread crusts and gruel. However my wife and daughter inlaw are making face masks to give to people and donate to senior citizen homes and such so some of it will go to the purchase of material and postage. A big chunk will get donated to the needy and I'll probably blow the rest on a roll of toilet paper

Buckrub
04-15-2020, 03:05 PM
We got our joint money in a lump $2,400 sum. Wife IMMEDIATELY went wife-nut-bonkers wanting her half. She had "plans" for it. Mostly grandkids, I'm sure.

Mine paid deer club dues. Deer meat is expensive, but I have one in the freezer and we may be eating it raw if things don't change by June!

Mother and worthless brother don't have theirs yet. Course, they haven't filed in 40 years. They are on S.S. or SSI, so maybe they'll get theirs later. I'll just hide theirs when it shows up to go toward funeral expenses that I'd have to pay otherwise!!!

Trav
04-15-2020, 06:06 PM
You guys go spend that money so those of us that don’t get it get a bump in our 401K’s.

Thumper
04-15-2020, 07:22 PM
If you’re ineligible, you’re obviously grossly overpaid. :)

DeputyDog
04-15-2020, 07:38 PM
We got ours today too. Not sure what it will be used for. We are fortunate that we are both still working and really don’t have the worry of losing our jobs, so we may just stick it away until the next big expense pops up.

Don’t even mention 401k’s. The first quarter was brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Skyz
04-16-2020, 09:52 AM
I think I'll buy toilet paper. :D

Bwana
04-16-2020, 10:26 AM
Ours will be put aside in case the kids run into trouble before this is all said and done.

Buckrub
04-16-2020, 05:03 PM
I think I'll buy toilet paper. :D

We could just as soon buy a herd of unicorns. Both are equally available.

DeputyDog
05-06-2020, 10:14 AM
Well, I’d heard it was happening and I can vouch for it now first hand.

Yesterday my sister got a stimulus check in the mail that was for my Mom who died in October of 2018. The check even says “deceased “ next to her name.

I know they were pushed out in a hurry, but you would think there could have been a better system of vetting the payments.

airbud7
05-06-2020, 10:32 AM
Wow DD^...just wow!

Chicken Dinner
05-06-2020, 03:16 PM
Still waiting as I owe every year.

HideHunter
05-11-2020, 11:42 AM
We've had ours since the 15th of April.. 'Course Uncle Sam knows we are really in "need". ;) I bought a new reel...