PDA

View Full Version : It takes a LOT to make me feel this way.

Thumper
04-19-2020, 03:20 PM
I’ll play here from time to time, but TBH, I really don’t get all that worked up about politics. Other than here, I never, EVER really get into political conversations. I vote for whom I want to vote for. If my candidate wins, I’m happy with it. If my candidate loses, I may not like it, but I live with it. What else am I gonna do? I may not agree with the opposition, but I don’t “hate” them or wish them ill will. I’m just saying, politics is not a major concern of mine, regardless of what I say here sometimes.

BUT, I’ve experienced a change of sorts lately. It’s really not like me, but I have to admit that now, seeing and/or listening to Nancy Pelosi spew vomit from her stinking mouth actually makes me almost physically ill. Seriously, if she were on fire, I wouldn’t even waste my time pissing on her to try to put it out. I’ve never met her. I’ve never even seen her in person, but I want to puke every time I see her on tv lately.

What sucks is, I really hate feeling this way, but I just can’t help it. She’s one of the VERY few people in my lifetime who has made me feel like this and I’m not really proud to admit it.

Buckrub
04-19-2020, 04:01 PM
I wrote a lot and deleted it. I doubt anyone here has the slightest doubt how I feel about her. She is such a hypocrite, and Elite Hypocrites are the one group that I cannot stomach. I can stomach a liar above that. Her gated house with armed guards, while the homeless die around her and while she "hates" guns, is enough to make me sick. The last ice cream video by the Sucker-Upper-To-The-Stars made me vomit. She has Schumer's balls in a jar somewhere. NY and California keep voting in idiots. Just think......if the U.S. did not have Pelosi, Feinstein, Schumer, Waters, Nadler, Schiff, and AOC for the last 3 years, what all could we have gotten done.

I don't hate humans. But I hate liberalism. It's a mental illness. It has no positive attributes. I have liberal friends. Heck, I have liberal family. They will NOT have a discussion that leads to a conclusion. They hate logic, and just spew cliches and invalid claims, then they say they have nothing more to add and go to their Safe Space. A few of the folks I travel with are like that. Not many. They say "let's don't discuss politics or religion". That's same to me as saying "Let's only talk about unimportant things".

I have spent years fighting a certain group online that I thought had tin foil hats. Turns out a lot of what they said is right. This country is NOT going to stand "as is". I will ask one question, for you to think about. Tell me honestly, just exactly what do you think the losing side in the next election is going to do???

It can't continue this way. No Democracy in history has lasted more than 400 years. We're not there, but the 'information age' may be accelerating that trend. We shall see. It makes me sick. I did very little in the military, to the point that I hesitate to EVER stand when they ask veterans to stand. Folks like you Thump, actually did something. I did nothing. But dadgum it to heck, I did not serve what little I did serve just to see freedoms being squashed and decency and goodness becoming bad things.

I have been asked by those liberals I mentioned to compromise, and "reach across the aisle" on some things. But I don't know how I can change my stance or beliefs on abortion, gun control, borders, illegal immigration, welfare, money wasting. They don't and won't change their view on such things. I can't, and I won't.

Oh well. Bored I guess. Rant over.

Big Muddy
04-19-2020, 04:46 PM
I take comfort in the knowledge that the Good Lord will soon weed out those type individuals, which you've mentioned, and I just pray that I'm still alive to witness that overdue purging.

Buckrub
04-19-2020, 04:47 PM
Maybe apropos, maybe not. But I just got this from a friend of mine and it made me think of your post.

I was talking to a good friend who fishes the pro circuits and know lots of folks from up in Michigan. He's talked to several and the folks from up there told him that the walleye and smallmouth fishing on the Great Lakes, specially Erie and St Clair, is red hot right now and they can't launch their boats. Guides can't fish, so no income. Said a lot of the ramps have locked chains across them. You can canoe or kayak, but no motors, not even trolling motors on a small boat on inland lakes and streams. He allowed that they are boiling mad.

Thumper
04-19-2020, 04:47 PM
My bro-in-law (Texas) lives, eats and breathes politics. When with him, it’s the ONLY topic of discussion. Luckily, I agree with his politics, I just don’t get as worked up as him and after a few minutes of agreeing with him, I’m ready to move on. When with others, I know I’m not going to change their views with discussion and they’re not going to change mine (if we belong to opposing parties). So why get my blood pressure up by even getting involved?

My son is 37 years old. We’re very close and talk on the phone a couple times per week. Always have, hopefully always will. We’ve spent a lot of time together and taken vacations together. It may sound incomprehensible, but I couldn’t begin to tell you what his politics are or what party he’s registered with. If he were to ever ask my opinion regarding something political, I’d happily share my views. That is a good indication right there as to how involved I get with others when it comes to politics. If the subject comes up during my everyday contacts with others, again, I’ll express my opinion, but I won’t get deeply involved and will never, EVER get into an argument over the subject. I’ve discussed more politics on this site than I have probably discussed in my lifetime away from this place. Admittedly, some of it is “pot stirring”, (especially with P-hole), but many times it’s just to instigate a bit of activity here.

That’s why it surprises me about how much Pelosi gets under my skin. Those bozos (her ilk) are normally just an irritation, but for some reason, Pelosi literally makes me sick to my stomach.

Buckrub
04-19-2020, 04:48 PM
I take comfort in the knowledge that the Good Lord will soon weed out those type individuals, which you've mentioned, and I just pray that I'm still alive to witness that overdue purging.

I pray you are too. Good people will be needed.

I also pray that the deer and the fish never get good enough reception on their tv's to ever get any news stations.

Buckrub
04-19-2020, 04:51 PM
I gotta admit, I HAD stopped watching "the news" on tv at all. If I got "news" I got it online and read it at my leisure. Wife watches it all the time. So it's on.

Now? Dang. There ain't nothin' else on worth a bucket of spit. I've seen all the old Statler Brothers shows on RFD that exist, and the shoot 'em up channels now only have turkey hunting............which is fine, but I don't turkey hunt. It's raining and cold here, like it is every day (Seattle South), and I have sat and watched that a while. Fun abounds.

EDIT: I am and have always been a hothead. But I've mellowed. I almost had mellow down pat.....and the world crapped on me. I can begin to ignore it all, but I admit I get caught up in it lately. It just seems that we are literally split down the middle on every subject. EVERY ONE. No exceptions. And as I said above, compromise is not possible. Compromise, an old man once told me, is "The art of making both sides miserable".

Buckrub
04-19-2020, 08:52 PM
OK, NOW look what's happening! I swear..........Government could screw up an anvil!!!!

Was a deal on the TV last night about this stimulus check thing and talking about what a major malfunction it had been. Seems in this time of spending money before you get it, many folks are not seeing their check because they are being sent to where they told them to be sent on their returns. Seem now many, in the rush to get their hands on the $$$’s to spend they got places like payday lenders to advance the money, went to car lots & used the pending refunds for down payments, ect, ect, then signed papers to have changed it to where it had the refund sent to these places accounts. Now, instead of them getting them they are hitting these folks accounts. Some are being honest about it, notifying customers of the error, some I am sure not so much so. There was one large car dealership that sold a bunch of cars that was big into using refunds advanced as down payments said they had over a 1/4 million hit their account so far of money from this deal.

Thumper
04-19-2020, 09:39 PM
I saw today that many payouts have been sent to people who have died since their last tax filing. The weird part is, instead of wanting it returned, the IRS is just letting the family keep it. WTF?

quercus alba
04-19-2020, 10:34 PM
Considering the volume of checks going out and the greed of people rushing to the money lenders as soon as they found out they’re getting a nickel back, I think the government is doing a remarkable job. When you’re dealing with two trillion bucks 1200 here and there to dead folks is a drop in the bucket.

It’s so much more efficient than Obamacare that I can’t complain. With 300+ million people, you can’t please everyone.
But, I dance to the beat of a different drum or tuba or something so my thought process is abnormal

Buckrub
04-20-2020, 07:36 AM
I saw today that many payouts have been sent to people who have died since their last tax filing. The weird part is, instead of wanting it returned, the IRS is just letting the family keep it. WTF?

Friend lost his wife last year. They filed Joint Return. Their joint bank account got $2,400, just like ours did. I can't find the link now, but there is a link about this issue. Basically, it's like a S.S. check after someone dies. No one gets to keep it, ultimately. This is apparently fairly common. It's amazing that the government sent checks out without vetting recipients. In 5 minutes, I can devise a system to do that, but they just started mailing us all our welfare checks willy nilly. But I don't think "the IRS is just letting them keep it" is a valid statement.

However, chaos reigns, and what is really going to happen is up in the air. I know my mother and crazy brother haven't seen a nickel yet.

Thumper
04-20-2020, 08:28 AM
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-irs-is-sending-1200-stimulus-checks-to-dead-people-and-their-loved-ones-are-allowed-to-keep-the-money-experts-say-2020-04-16

A few excerpts:

".... the IRS likely has no safeguard in place to ensure that it won’t make that payment to someone who is no longer with us.”

What’s more, it appears the survivors can keep the money, Markowitz and other tax experts told MarketWatch.

This isn’t the first time the federal government has issued stimulus checks to the dead. More than 71,500 dead Social Security recipients received $250 stimulus payments under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, according to a 2010 report from the Social Security Administration’s Inspector General. Deceased Social Security recipients got $18 million of the $13 billion set aside for all Social Security recipients in that Obama-era stimulus package, the report said. “(Some) people may have returned it, but they didn’t need to,” said Nina Olson, the former head of the Taxpayer Advocate Service, an internal IRS watchdog. The same goes for the $1,200 stimulus payments, as far as Olson sees it. The CARES Act stimulus bill contained no “clawback” provisions for stimulus checks sent to a dead person, meaning the agency can’t retrieve the money after it’s been handed out, she said.

“An important provision of the [Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security] act, as it relates to these checks, is that if the IRS sends you too much money, you do not need to pay it back,” Kaeding said. “It is considered a clerical or math error on behalf of the IRS.

The IRS knows “some people will receive money even when they didn’t qualify, but expedited processing was their No. 1 concern.”

Big Skyz
04-21-2020, 11:49 AM
Jim, I feel the same way in regards to politics and Pelosi. Remember to flush twice so no Pelosi's float back up. ;)

Buckrub
04-21-2020, 10:32 PM
I got banned a bit ago from a site I've been on for years because I had the audacity to challenge folks who called those protesting these illegal restrictions "Rabble Rousers". They apparently can call names (I did not), but challenging them is verbotten. I do not curse and did not call them names. But I did forcefully tell them their fear is not enough reason to suspend freedom and rights.

Buckrub
04-21-2020, 10:38 PM
By the way, since 500 people can legally be in Lowe's at any time, I told our preacher that next Sunday we need to start our service in Plumbing Section.

Buckrub
04-22-2020, 06:13 PM
Six weeks into this quarantine thing. My hair is shaggy like a dog. Here's a question..........have you seen ONE politician, ANY politician, on tv any time, since this started, that looked shaggy and unkempt because he/she hadn't had a haircut?

No, me either.

Thumper
04-22-2020, 06:54 PM
I'm not shaggy ... Lynn cuts my hair. Well, what's left of it anyway. :(

P-hole's not ... well ... ummmm ... never mind. :poke

Thumper
04-23-2020, 06:04 PM
Ha ha! I was just chatting with a friend of mine in Texas (ex-wife of a buddy of mine). She has a son Kai and daughter, Faith. She just sent this and it cracked me up! :lmao

After six weeks at home together, my kid's arguments are getting brutal!

Kai to Faith: You remind me of Nancy Pelosi!
Faith to Kai: Oh yeah? Well, you remind me of Hillary Clinton!

I'm not even sure who won that round!

Buckrub
04-24-2020, 03:23 PM
It is a slow day in the small Alaskan town of Pumphandle, and streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody is living on credit. A tourist visiting the area drives through town, stops at the motel, and lays a $100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs to pick one for the night. As soon as he walks upstairs, the motel owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher. The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to the pig farmer. The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill to his supplier, the Co-op. The guy at the Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her "services" on credit. The hooker rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel owner. The hotel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the traveler will not suspect anything.

At that moment the traveler comes down the stairs, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, picks up the $100 bill and leaves. No one produced anything. No one earned anything… However, the whole town is now out of debt and now looks to the future with a lot more optimism. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how a Stimulus package works.

Thumper
04-24-2020, 03:48 PM
Ummmm, the hotel owner is still out $100. ;)

Buckrub
04-24-2020, 03:48 PM
Just had a thought. If we all wear red masks with MAGA 2020 on them, how long before the Liberals tell us we really don't need them?

Buckrub
04-24-2020, 03:49 PM
Ummmm, the hotel owner is still out $100. ;)

The story didn't claim he wasn't. That's the point sorta. Nothing good happens, even when that was what was SUPPOSED to happen.

Thumper
04-24-2020, 04:05 PM
:biggrin

Buckrub
04-24-2020, 04:09 PM
Wait a minute. I'm too slow. (always have been). Isn't the hotel owner's debt paid? So if he's out the money for the room, he made it up by paying one of his debts. Right?

OK, never mind. I just thought it was cute and not far off explaining the Mystical Money Machine.

Thumper
04-24-2020, 04:21 PM
Weren't you a Math major? (obviously not a Business major!) ;)

The hotel had $100 in it's "receivables account." (owed by the hooker)

The hooker paid off her debt, but it never got credited to the hotel's receivables account because the tourist took it, even though there was no debt (owed to the tourist) logged in the hotel's "payables" account. :crybaby

(that said, I'll admit it was cute) :D

Buckrub
04-24-2020, 06:01 PM
Yeah. But two issues. One, when I got the Math Degree, there were only 19 numbers in the known universe. It wasn't that hard. Granddaughter is 'graduating' next month with degree in math, and has been accepted to Penn State for their 5 year Doctoral program, making 5X what I made in first job WITH a math degree....being paid just to go to school.

Second issue........and I guess this is not really a joke. I can't actually "think" anymore. I try. Sometimes it's not too bad. Most times it is. I just can't get there. I'm just muddled. Yeah, I know, y'all all think I've been crazy since day one. Whatever.

But details escape me anymore.

Probably shouldn't have posted a joke that required thinking..............

Thumper
04-24-2020, 06:17 PM
I'm lucky, I have none of those issues.

Who are you again? What were we talking about?

Seriously, I've had the same issues, but it's not so much "thinking" ... it's my memory. It's been such a concern, I've actually been to the VA twice for a battery of tests, starting with an MRI of my noggin (or was it a CAT Scan?). I can remember our address and phone number from when I was 5 years old (true story), but can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning (also true). The tests showed some short term memory loss, but it was considered in the "normal" range for my age. (I ain't THAT old!) Anyway, the docs weren't too concerned, but it bugs the crap out'ta me on a daily basis. :(

(and there was nothing wrong with the joke dufus ... don't take smart-ass reply's so seriously)

Buckrub
04-24-2020, 09:10 PM
I'm lucky, I have none of those issues.

Who are you again? What were we talking about?

Seriously, I've had the same issues, but it's not so much "thinking" ... it's my memory. It's been such a concern, I've actually been to the VA twice for a battery of tests, starting with an MRI of my noggin (or was it a CAT Scan?). I can remember our address and phone number from when I was 5 years old (true story), but can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning (also true). The tests showed some short term memory loss, but it was considered in the "normal" range for my age. (I ain't THAT old!) Anyway, the docs weren't too concerned, but it bugs the crap out'ta me on a daily basis. :(

(and there was nothing wrong with the joke dufus ... don't take smart-ass reply's so seriously)

I didn't. I just got to thinking after that, and.............then I realized I couldn't think anymore............and then I quit thinking............but that never stopped me from typing/talking, so................:D

I haven't turned yellow, but I have turned mellow.

Thumper
04-24-2020, 09:48 PM
I think you think too much. ;)

Buckrub
04-24-2020, 10:01 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe.

I'll think on that one.

Buckrub
04-25-2020, 01:45 PM
Interesting to say the least. This is from 2017. Go to 25 minute mark if you don't want to listen to it all. Just some really interesting things here......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XRm2FlKLRs

Thumper
04-25-2020, 06:55 PM
Interesting.

Buckrub
04-25-2020, 09:35 PM
This is not "interesting". This is pure evil. This is the NATIONAL Institute of Health, mentioned here. Not sure what Nation, but I hate it that it's my nation.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/researchers-demand-aborted-babies-bodies-for-coronavirus-experiments