PDA

View Full Version : Hey Trav ....

Thumper
04-25-2020, 06:18 AM
I figured it would be easier to start a new thread as the subject matter on the "Fake News" thread is pretty scattered.

Here's your initial post there:

Well take this for what’s its worth but I have a friend who’s mom has been in the hospital for about 5 weeks waiting on a liver transplant, she passed away a week ago and the death certificate stated Coronavirus as the cause of death. I think there has been a lot of that going on.

Later in the thread, you were asked if she'd even been tested. Your response:

Was never even tested.

This may clear things up. Here's the link: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/24/fact-check-medicare-hospitals-paid-more-covid-19-patients-coronavirus/3000638001/

It's a long article and includes video, but if you want to cut to the chase, here are the last two sentences in the article: (kind'a adds a certain "smell" to the whole thing)

"Hospitals and doctors do get paid more for Medicare patients diagnosed with COVID-19 or if it's considered presumed they have COVID-19 absent a laboratory-confirmed test, and three times more if placed on a ventilator to cover the cost of care and loss of business resulting from a shift in focus to treat COVID-19 cases.

This higher allocation of funds has been made possible under the CARES Act through a Medicare 20% add-on to its regular DRG payment for COVID-19 patients, as verified by USA TODAY through the American Hospital Association Special Bulletin on the topic."

Arty
04-25-2020, 08:11 AM
Watch yourself there Jimbo! Stating facts like this will get you called a conspiracy theorist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
04-25-2020, 09:01 AM
That would skew the mortality rate numbers a little.

Thumper
04-25-2020, 09:06 AM
That would skew the mortality rate numbers a little.

Ummm, yeah .... and here's MY conspiracy theory: I'd be willing to bet Cuomo and "his" hospitals are experts when it comes to playing that game.

BarryBobPosthole
04-25-2020, 11:38 AM
I’m sure there are lots of deaths counted that are, or aren’t. But it ain’t the ‘fake news’ that’s counting them. The CDC sets out guideline for the recounts of bodies that are going on.

and its only a conspriacy theory if I disagree with it.

BKB

Buckrub
04-25-2020, 11:48 AM
TRAV..............serious question. And Jim, great minds think alike, because I came here this morning to put up a post almost identical to yours, so thanks.

Did you or your buddy ever talk to the doctor to challenge this? Was it brought up with the hospital? I can only imagine that both of you had other things on your mind then. But I wonder if you are going to ask questions about this?? This is something you'd get on a lot of television shows............not that you'd want to (you're too ugly). But seriously, this is stuff that the public needs to know about.

One thing that is happening, whether you argue with it, fight with it, make fun of people, or anything else.............people I know.........you know, the Deplorables, the uneducated (dentists and surgeons and business owners and such), the Trumpsters, the bad Americans.........they are beginning to question a lot of things. First it's the W.H.O. Then we're told to listen ONLY to experts and not our elected leaders. Then the experts are wrong on every turn. Then the CDC and NIH and FDA are all starting to smell bad here and there. It happens often enough that these people are cocking their heads when they hear a story, thinking they're being lied to, maybe more than they are.

The world (and even in this very thread) call such stuff "tin foil hat" wearing, and maybe it is. But maybe it isn't. Or maybe some of it isn't. But it's not arguable that people are losing trust in organizations that are supposed to be here to help us. And maybe it's the MSM reporting it wrong, or maybe they're reporting it right and it's really happening. No idea which it is, because both happen too often.

Things are changing. It may simmer down, or it may boil over, or it may just be something to talk about. Too early to tell. But it is dang sure real.

Buckrub
04-25-2020, 11:51 AM
Cuomo and his pierced titties and his lying pompous brother are costing every American a ton of money...........and for his bloviating efforts, he will probably be the next President.

Buckrub
04-25-2020, 11:54 AM
OH, and TRAV? I'd like to know which hospital specifically she was in......thanks.

Trav
04-25-2020, 10:24 PM
He did say they were going to ask for more clarification and explanation, I am not sure if you can contest cause of death but they plan on doing something. It was St Francis here in Tulsa.