PDA

View Full Version : Like talking to a brick wall.

Thumper
04-27-2020, 10:31 AM
Our yard trash gets picked up every Monday morning between 6:00am and 7:00am. They’re pretty consistent with the time. This morning, I was sitting on the front porch and noticed the truck stop at the corner, look down the street toward our house, then continue on. It was 6:45am, their usual time. We live on a small cul-de-sac and there are only 3 houses, or 5 if you count the two on the corners. I was the only one with yard trash out, but evidently they didn’t see it and continued on without turning down the cul-de-sac. (They have to do a 3-point turn here, so I assume they just look down the street to avoid coming to the end if there’s nothing to pick up)

Ha! I had a large pile of tree trimmings stacked up, along with 5 large trash cans full of trimmings and leaves. Kind of hard to miss!

So, I called the collection company and get a recording that their offices are closed and I need to send an email. I wrote basically what I wrote above and mentioned the time they were here. I just received a response that my scheduled pick-up time is 6:00am -6:00pm and if they miss my pick-up, contact them tomorrow. Duh! READ what I wrote jerk-offs! They were already here and did not stop! Maroons! 😡

BarryBobPosthole
04-27-2020, 10:51 AM
They obviously don’t know you’re one percenter and know people!

BKB

Thumper
04-27-2020, 11:33 AM
Heads will roll! ;)

airbud7
04-27-2020, 11:43 AM
old black man with old trash truck picks mine up on time every Wednesday around 7am....rain shine sleet or snow.

I wish I could say that about everything else!....now where's my stimulus check?...:D

Thumper
04-27-2020, 12:05 PM
Actually, we have three pick-ups. Garbage, recyclables and yard trash. They’re very consistent and you can almost set your clock to their pick-up times. It’s just that today, they evidently didn’t see my huge collection of yard trash. No clue how they could have missed it.

Hombre
04-27-2020, 12:54 PM
Or they did see it and decided it was too much of a PITA and decided to act as if they didn't

Thumper
04-27-2020, 01:14 PM
That’s also a possibility. Maybe they’re pissed off because they’re still working while everyone else is goofing off and drawing unemployment.

airbud7
04-27-2020, 01:15 PM
Or they did see it and decided it was too much of a PITA and decided to act as if they didn't

Yep^....I would even bet they saw Thumper looking at them and they decided....Fu#k that old White Dude!....:lmao :slomo :lmao

Thumper
04-27-2020, 03:03 PM
Well, they sent a "special collection" truck out about an hour ago and cleaned everything up. I'll have to give it to them I guess, that was pretty good service and an excellent response time.

quercus alba
04-27-2020, 03:53 PM
I worked out of the county judges office for nearly ten years and that was our number one complaint, missed trash pickup. A lot of the times, people would wait until they heard the trash truck go by before they put out their garbage. Then they'd call and bitch about it not being picked up. The trash guys started taking pictures to prove it. Didn't matter, one of the road dept guys would have to go get it anyway.

Thumper
04-27-2020, 04:12 PM
Yep, they tell us to have it out by 6:00 am on pick-up day and since they're usually here around 6:30'ish am, we must be one of the first neighborhoods on the schedule. Mine is ALWAYS out the night before.