PDA

View Full Version : Hillary...

Penguin
04-28-2020, 07:07 AM
... Sir Edmund Hillary that is. :)

If you are like me you have not only been really busy but also, in all honesty, watching a bit more TV than usual these last weeks. I and my better half have polished off the latest season of Bosch, the entire catalog Longmire, and quite a few other movies and tv shows. It is hard to find something good. Last night I found a show I really liked and wanted to pass it along for any others who are bored and searching for a good few hours of entertainment.

Hillary is a really good mini-series. The guy was a truly interesting man and I learned a heck of a lot about him and his adventures that previously I had no clue about. I came away with a whole lot of respect for not only what he did but the man himself. Even when his flaws were evident from his actions. Men with the bark on, those Kiwis.

Will

BarryBobPosthole
04-28-2020, 07:13 AM
Saying ‘hillary’ around here is like yelling ‘Fire!’ In a crowded theater.

Sounds interesting. I used to have a Hillary tent and loaned it to a buddy. He’d barely sleep in it.

BKB

Penguin
04-28-2020, 07:19 AM
Be a good joke on those buggers. :p

See I even picked up some lingo from the show, lol.

Will

BarryBobPosthole
04-28-2020, 07:43 AM
What network?

Thumper
04-28-2020, 07:45 AM
My first "larger" tent was an old 8'x10' canvas model Hillary that I bought from Sears back in the mid-70's. It was the best tent I've ever owned and held a lot of fond memories. It had the usual disadvantages of a canvas tent ... mainly the weight, but that thing more than paid for itself over the years until it finally just started falling apart and I had to trash it.

Thumper
04-28-2020, 07:46 AM
I think it was on PBS here P-hole.

Penguin
04-28-2020, 07:56 AM
Yep, it was originally a PBS show but is now on netflix.

Will