PDA

View Full Version : Site Password

BarryBobPosthole
02-11-2013, 10:16 AM
I just got a notice, when I got on the site this morning, to reset my password. No big deal to me other than I've used the same password for about 15 years on this site. And I needed to probably change it anyway. I guess now we'll need to change it every 180 days. I have no idea if that's an optional parameter or not, but please let us know if anyone has any issue with it.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
02-11-2013, 10:27 AM
I'd rather not have to change it. I'm getting too old to remember all the passwords I've got floating around the interwebs.

HideHunter
02-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Damn - I agree with that CD.. I used the same one on all sites (all my "forum" sites) for years. Then some of them got "picky" about what you can use, I now have two pages in a notebook.

BarryBobPosthole
02-11-2013, 11:10 AM
My work stuff (applications) has gotten to where its a lot like my first wife. My first, second, and third efforts aren't nearly good enough and I finally end up with a password that is not memorizable unless you are of a certain deranged mentality.

I will see if there's a password option that allows up to not have to do this. Unless there is a dissenter out there not heard from. I'll let this go a bit longer before I make any changes. Of course, folks have the option to change their password any time they want so I guess its kind of a moot point.
BKB

Buckrub
02-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Dang regulations!

:poke

Thumper
02-11-2013, 12:18 PM
I'm with Hideyman ... I have a notebook fiull of passwords to various sites. It's about as thick as a copy of an Unabridged Merriam-Webster! I've used the same one here since the inception of G/H. I'm too old to change!

I remember the early computer days .. any site I signed up for, my password was accepted. Nowadays, I have to do like P-hole mentioned ... try 5-6 times before I get accepted. 'Course there's no way I can ever remember that password again ... so into my notebook it goes.

Niner
02-11-2013, 12:21 PM
I got hit with the password changer this mornig too. I will also look under the hood and see if there is a setting that can be changed.

Niner
02-11-2013, 02:49 PM
I KNOW there has to be a setting to disable the mandatory password change. I belong to two other VB sites and have never had to change my password on those sites. Post or email me if you find anything BBP.

BarryBobPosthole
02-11-2013, 02:53 PM
I went through the setting with a fine toothed comb and couldn't find them. when I get time I'll look again.
BKB

Niner
02-11-2013, 03:08 PM
OK....FIXED...I THINK.

See Admin Forum.

BarryBobPosthole
02-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Good work, Niner. And in case anyone else got hit with it, you have to reset the 'Remember me' flag else you'll have to re-sign in every time you post.
BKB