PDA

View Full Version : Not bad for a no-name axe!

Thumper
05-05-2020, 12:55 PM
You may remember this axe. I bought it at an estate sale for $3 (maybe $5) ... can't remember. It has no name on it, but I recognized the shape and knew who the manufacturer was. Anyway, I listed it at $150 and had a watch list with 19 people on it almost immediately. Last night, a dude texted me and said he'd love to own it, but asked if I could help him a bit on the price. I guess he caught me at a weak moment, so I let him "have" it for $135. He's happy and I'm happy, so I guess that's all that matters. It was a beaut!

11582 11583

jb
05-05-2020, 05:08 PM
and you can sleep at night ???

BarryBobPosthole
05-05-2020, 05:28 PM
Internet axe murderers have to buy their tools somewhere, right Jim?

BKB

Thumper
05-05-2020, 05:55 PM
:biggrin

You'd be surprised how many collectors there are out there. I ALWAYS have my eyes peeled for old axes or hatchets in the garages, barns or tool sheds. I think my best find sold for around $300-$350.

What made this one special was the shape of the head ... it's a rare (cedar) pattern and my eyes were drawn to it immediately when I spotted in in the corner of an old shed. If it had been branded, it would have been worth quite a bit more. I've prolly sold 50 or more axes and hatchets and have made a small fortune with them. I usually cut the handles (haft) off and sell only the heads as the hafts are usually damaged. This one was so nice (and original) I had to keep it in it's original condition.