PDA

View Full Version : Welp....

Arty
05-05-2020, 10:33 PM
The sweet and sour flu took claim to another causality.
I was laid off today.
12 days short of 18 years.
Got the news on a pre-recorded conference call.

It was awesome

Now I’m finna be awesome-er.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200506/e2e055edbb5d64df2aa18180d6bcea4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
05-05-2020, 10:57 PM
Dang! That’s tough. Lynn had 15 years in and it appears that’s totally out the window. She talked to a friend in management (from a Hyatt in Tampa) and he said he picked up on a rumor Lynn’s position will be eliminated completely. The department was just her and her boss previously and the word is, the manager is to handle both jobs. That sucks because at about the same time, she received a letter from Corporate that IF she’s rehired by January, her seniority and accrued vacation will be reinstated. Ha! Sounds like that ain’t gonna happen.

Good luck with it buddy. I assume there’s a good chance you’ll be rehired once this b/s turns around. (?)

Chicken Dinner
05-05-2020, 11:10 PM
That sucks, JT. No way around it.

Arty
05-05-2020, 11:21 PM
Dang! That’s tough. Lynn had 15 years in and it appears that’s totally out the window. She talked to a friend in management (from a Hyatt in Tampa) and he said he picked up on a rumor Lynn’s position will be eliminated completely. The department was just her and her boss previously and the word is, the manager is to handle both jobs. That sucks because at about the same time, she received a letter from Corporate that IF she’s rehired by January, her seniority and accrued vacation will be reinstated. Ha! Sounds like that ain’t gonna happen.

Good luck with it buddy. I assume there’s a good chance you’ll be rehired once this b/s turns around. (?)

Mmmmm prolly not.

They furloughed some folks for 90 days no pay, which I believe is just to save face publicly, and also to move expenses of severance into another quarter...
me?....they laid off. I got severance and all that shit. With a bow on top. Unless someone I used to work with wants me back (and providing there is a position), I’m done.

Thumper
05-05-2020, 11:31 PM
The biggest hit we took with Lynn’s “lay-off” was having to scramble for medical insurance. That shit ain’t cheap no matter how you handle it. Good luck with that one.

airbud7
05-05-2020, 11:50 PM
I'm sure you got something else up your sleeve buddy!

what's that old saying .....what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

airbud7
05-06-2020, 12:02 AM
Oh yea, ....Windows 7 is not even supported by Microsoft.....

if your company is running Windows 7 then they cheap azz f**k.

Thumper
05-06-2020, 03:16 AM
I believe that’s his personal computer. His company account has been disabled.

Translation: Only employees have access to this account and you are not an employee!

Arty
05-06-2020, 04:23 AM
Thump. We can switch over to my wife’s insurance, thankfully.

It’s basically like mine.... for annual physicals, and disasters. Otherwise it’s out of pocket

Thumper
05-06-2020, 04:28 AM
Good deal. I have VA and Medicare, but Lynn is on her own now that the company insurance is gone. Too young for Medicare, so we’re screwed.

And why are we up at 4:00 am? Don’t you have to go to work in the morning?

Oh yeah. Nevermind! ;)

Penguin
05-06-2020, 07:53 AM
Arty,

I am so sorry to hear this man. SO MANY good people are being hurt by this pandemic and our response to it.

I hope things swing your direction and if you are planning on just calling it a career? All I can say is brother have a blast.

Will