PDA

View Full Version : Retirement

quercus alba
05-13-2020, 06:56 PM
so far it's been everything I could hope for. I know at my age things can go sideways in a hurry but I've been blessed beyond measure at least to this point. I highly recommend it for everyone unless you're one of those weirdo's that would rather work than play (Larke). You don't have to live for the weekends anymore because everyday is Saturday. If you want to go fishing and there's an east wind blowing, just crawl back in the bed and go tomorrow. Breakfast will quickly become your new favorite meal and you can have all kinds of fun trying out new ideas on your smoker.

Life is good

jb
05-13-2020, 07:35 PM
Well said, these past 18 years have developed into a completely new life style for us, Life IS good !!!

BarryBobPosthole
05-13-2020, 08:38 PM
Amen QA! I honestly don’t know when I ever had time to work!

BKB

quercus alba
05-14-2020, 11:43 AM
As I said yesterday, life is good but even better with a chartreuse popper on your favorite fly rod

Hombre
05-14-2020, 03:59 PM
Congrats, I'm looking forward to those day albeit quite a ways off.

BBP I don't remember you ever finding time to work, that might explain it.

BarryBobPosthole
05-14-2020, 08:09 PM
:moon

Big Skyz
05-15-2020, 09:56 AM
Well I technically retired from teaching in Montana, but I apparently suck at it, because now I'm in Utah working on a second retirement. If I can just hang in there for 11 more years it will actually be a decent retirement income. The trouble is, like QA mentioned, things at this age can go sideways in a hurry. So who knows it I'll make it or not.

Thumper
05-15-2020, 12:09 PM
I’ll guaran-dang-tee ya’ things can go sideways in a hurry. I went from being healthy as an ox one minute to being in a coma the next! At that time, I had zero plans to retire within the next 4-5 years, but fate changed those plans in the blink of an eye. All I can say (you’ve heard it before) is to live every day like it’s your last. I have to admit, I was pretty much doing that before all hell broke loose, but I was still a long way from the bottom of my bucket list. Luckily, I’m still around to check off some of those blocks, but there are some I will never be able to experience. That said, I’m happy to be around to at least make the attempt.

Big Skyz
05-15-2020, 12:14 PM
Thump, I'm glad you are still around too.

airbud7
05-15-2020, 02:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GPGL8JwFso