PDA

View Full Version : Lesotho

Thumper
06-08-2020, 10:08 AM
I sell a LOT of Levis on eBay and always include a photo of the tags in my listings. Man-o-man, Levis are made EVERYWHERE and some of the countries where they're made really surprise me sometimes. So far, I've never run across a pair made in the good ol' U.S. of A. You'd think a $9B company could spread the wealth a bit at home. I mean, what could be more "American" than Levis? I think Trump needs to look into this. ;)

Anyway, I just photographed a pair to list this morning and noticed it was made in Lesotho. WTF??

(I had to look it up)

airbud7
06-08-2020, 10:18 AM
Lesotho is an enclaved country within the border of South Africa.

Is Lesotho a safe country?
Lesotho is generally considered a safe country to travel to. However, even though it has served as a safe haven and a sanctuary from all the troubles that are hitting the rest of Africa pretty hard - Lesotho also has its issues with crime, both petty and violent, illnesses and poverty.
:D

quercus alba
06-08-2020, 10:23 AM
38-29? Thought it might be a pair Cappy's britches but I realized they're too long

Thumper
06-08-2020, 10:28 AM
Waaaaaay too long! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
06-08-2020, 02:50 PM
They were made in a shithole country, Thump. That’s all you need to remember.

BKB

Trav
06-08-2020, 07:18 PM
They were made in a shithole country, Thump. That’s all you need to remember.

BKB

You know for an old retired hippie you sure seem to be surly most of the time.

BarryBobPosthole
06-08-2020, 07:25 PM
Its not surly to call an African country a shithole country! It makes us great again! Get with the program, Trav!

BKB

Thumper
06-08-2020, 07:34 PM
Where would a great, multi-million dollar U.S. corporation like Levi Strauss be these days without shit-hole countries?

Arty
06-09-2020, 07:15 AM
Where would a great, multi-million dollar U.S. corporation like Levi Strauss be these days without shit-hole countries?

Still making clothes in America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
06-09-2020, 08:02 AM
They moved most of their production offshore starting in 1964. Obama was three so technically it could still be his fault.

BKB

Thumper
06-09-2020, 08:23 AM
Still making clothes in America.

Persactly Trump's point. ;)

They moved most of their production offshore starting in 1964. Obama was there so technically it could still be his fault. BKB

You mean it's ain't Bush's fault????

Actually, although their corporate base is here in the U.S. .... they do ZERO manufacturing here.