PDA

View Full Version : Supper at QA's house, tonite.....

Big Muddy
06-17-2020, 09:39 AM

airbud7
06-17-2020, 09:47 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

quercus alba
06-17-2020, 10:40 AM
Lunch actually. Ought to go good with these leftovers

Thumper
06-17-2020, 11:17 AM
Is that a dog turd above the beans? :hair

quercus alba
06-17-2020, 11:45 AM
chicken strip

Chicken Dinner
06-17-2020, 11:49 AM
That reminds me of a story Curt told about Hunter back in the day. I think it may have been one of those pot-bellies though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
06-17-2020, 12:30 PM
One Easter, I received one of those cute little chicks (as in baby chicken) when I was a kid. He'd been colored blue (my favorite color) with food coloring and had been purchased at the local hardware store (Colonial Town Hardware to be exact). Of course, it grew up, turned out to a big 'ol rooster and I named him Pogo. We lived in the city and he was a little too big to remain in my bedroom where he'd grown up, so he was relocated to my grandparent's place in the N. Carolina mountains where he became a resident of their chicken coop. Well, it turned out ol' Pogo was a bit of a trouble maker and mean as a honey badger. He had no fear and even chased the dogs off whenever they ventured near "his" territory. One morning my grandmother went up to the coop to let the chickens out so they could roam the yard. The next thing I knew, gran'ma came running in the house, slamming the kitchen door behind her and looked like she was about to have a coronary! She said that gosh danged Pogo chased her all the way down the mountain from the chicken coop to the back porch door! My gran'pa didn't say a word, but stood up from the table where he'd been reading the morning paper, then walked out to the wood shed. I think I was about 6 or 7 years old at the time and my gran'ma told me I should prolly stay in the house for a bit to help her with the beans she was canning.

Needless to say, we had chicken and dumplings for dinner that night and ... after that day .... I never did see ol' Pogo again. :crybaby

DeputyDog
06-17-2020, 07:11 PM
Funny you mention a rooster. I took a call from a woman yesterday who wanted to complain about her neighbor’s rooster chasing her grandkids through her yard. She asked if she would get in trouble for shooting it since it was so aggressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HideHunter
06-18-2020, 10:45 AM
I've actually only been "hit" by a rooster one time. Didn't know he was anywhere in the country and he hit me from behind.. spurred the s%^t out of me.. I was about 16 at the time and had two school records in track.. and a temper.. On a side note - and just fyi.. one of those big old roosters is hard to kill with a scoop shovel.. unless you are really motivated..

BarryBobPosthole
06-18-2020, 11:52 AM
https://youtu.be/GLdGUQL1EWE