PDA

View Full Version : Just in Case You’re In between Holidays

BarryBobPosthole
06-20-2020, 05:55 PM
Happy Summer Solstice!

Celebrate it in your own way! We plan to celebrate with ribeyes, baked taters, roasted squash, and a few Fat Tires.
And we have a watermelon to cut when the grands come tomorrow.

And since today is the longest day of the year, I may have to have a little hard liquor around midnight, or mid summers eve.

I suppose y’all are all still hung over from Juneteenth.

BKB

jb
06-21-2020, 10:07 AM
Just another day up here, the only thing it's now that the days begin to get shorter again, we still have twilight at 10:30 PM and daylight around 6:30 AM, not good for us old farts who need 10 hour of sleep.:sleeping
But today we have the entire family coming over for some good food and fun. Today should have been our first day on our cruise, but we'll make up for it with a good time at home.
Happy Fathers Day to all you good DAD's, enjoy

Big Muddy
06-21-2020, 03:53 PM
For Father's Day, my son invited me on a charter fishing trip down in Venice, LA with a couple of our mutual buddies.....I had to bow out at the last minute because of work, but they had a ball, and caught some monster bull reds!!!!!.....wife and I ended up spending a quiet Sunday at Lake Chicot with smoked ribs, garden-fresh boilt squash, boilt sweet corn, pink eye purple hull peas, sliced Roma tomatoes, Vidalia onions, homemade yeast rolls, and homemade apple pie.

Big Muddy
06-21-2020, 05:28 PM
We had to settle for the resident channel cats at Chicot, instead of the bull reds at Venice, LA.....wifey did the catching, while I did the hook-baiting, fish-removal, and cleaning.....she ended up with about 15, this size.....I filleted ‘em, and friends are coming tomorrow night for a fish fry.

Thumper
06-21-2020, 06:45 PM
We just got home from Ft. Myers (have been there since Thursday). Lynn had packed an extra cooler and told me I was forbidden to look in the dang thing. WTF? We always get a suite with a full kitchen as Lynn always likes to cook a meal or two while we're out of town. This weekend was no different. We usually have a few nice lunches while out hitting thrift stores during the day, then have dinner out once or twice, then have whatever she has planned for a couple other dinners. This trip was a nice porterhouse the first night there. The hotel we like to stay at down there has a couple of nice, gas grills next to the pool and she usually grills the main course, but uses the kitchen to prepare the extras (while I sit on my ass and watch tv or play on the laptop).

Ok, I THOUGHT the Porterhouse was the surprise, but afterwards, I still wasn't allowed to peek in the cooler. The room also has a full sized fridge, but we stock it with other goodies and drinks, etc, but she said the main surprise was to be my Father's Day meal on Saturday night.

Ok, last night she got a bunch of crap together to take down to the grill, then FINALLY cracked open that cooler! In a short while I had a nice, fresh cucumber and tomato salad and 6-pounds of frigging Alaskan King Crab legs sittin' in front of my hungry ass! She started crackin' and told me to start eatin'! I'd wolf that stuff down as fast as she could get it on my plate! How's this for a hotel room spread? That white pot next to the lemons is 1/2-lb. of melted butter! :thumbsup

Thumper
06-21-2020, 07:03 PM
I thought this was a pretty typical Florida type snapshot. I went down to the pool while Lynn was grilling the crab legs. There is a small retention pond behind the hotel and these signs are posted all along the back of the property line at the edge of the patio/pool deck. Yankees get a bit nervous, but it's pretty much the norm down here. As I tell most anybody, if there's water, chances are there's a gator (or 20) in it! :D

This sign was right beside the grill Lynn was preparing the legs on.

Buckrub
06-21-2020, 08:32 PM
Invalid Attachment Specified.

Dunno if that applies to the sign you were trying to post a picture of, or to you..............

Thumper
06-21-2020, 08:53 PM
Invalid Attachment Specified.

Dunno if that applies to the sign you were trying to post a picture of, or to you..............

Not sure what happened. May have hit a snag somehow. Just downloaded the same pic again and it looks good from here.