PDA

View Full Version : So, a Nascar driver doesn't know the difference......bullsheeit !!!.....

Big Muddy
06-22-2020, 04:34 PM
So, a Nascar driver doesn't know the difference between a noose and a fan belt......bullsheeit !!!!
Then, he either fabricated the accusation, or he day'um sho doesn't need to be driving a day'um 200 mph vehicle !!!!!

Talladega, Ala.— NASCAR said a serpentine belt was confused for a noose in Bubba Wallace’s garage stall at Talladega Superspeedway in Alabama on Sunday. Wallace, who is from Mobile, is the only Black driver in the Cup Series.

In a statement released Sunday night, NASCAR said, "Late this afternoon, NASCAR was made aware that something that resembled a noose was found in the garage stall of the 43 team. We were angry and outraged, and cannot state strongly enough how seriously we took this allegation. We launched an immediate investigation, and determined Bubba Wallace had mistaken a 26” serpentine automotive belt for a noose.”

(((Disclaimer: This whole event may be a lie.....who knows, for certain???!!!)))

airbud7
06-22-2020, 05:03 PM
Jussie Smollett ring a bell?

Thumper
06-22-2020, 05:55 PM
Cool your jets. That’s nothing but I-net b/s. As of just a few hours ago, the FBI is investigating the incident. The serpentine belt malarkey was simply some goofball’s made-up Facebook post. As far as I know, Wallace never even saw the noose and it was the crew members who found it.

Big Muddy
06-22-2020, 06:03 PM
Note my disclaimer.

Thumper
06-22-2020, 06:16 PM
Ha! Nice edit! 😉

Big Muddy
06-22-2020, 06:43 PM
True or not, that's some funny sheeit, right there......it's called a "serpentine belt" for good reason. ;)

Years ago, a guy that worked for me was driving down one of my dirt roads on my old farm tractor, when a chicken snake crawled from under the seat, and across his lap.....he leaped off the tractor, and it stalled in a shallow ditch.....he quit his tractor driving career. ;)

airbud7
06-22-2020, 09:31 PM
Breaking News: Bubba Wallace to drive the new Afro Sheen/KFC Cadillac on 32's for the remainder of the 2020 season...

We will keep you updated as this story develops.

Big Muddy
06-22-2020, 10:41 PM
No way.....Thump has dibbs on anything KFC. ;)

airbud7
06-22-2020, 11:29 PM
In other news: The future of Aunt Jemima remains in question.

Penguin
06-23-2020, 07:01 AM
This is a head scratcher. There aren't that many people allowed in the facility because of the covid-19 protocols. And the garage has even fewer..... And why?

Thumper
06-23-2020, 07:19 AM
I've had the same thoughts Willy. My first thought was that it may have been a joke gone terribly wrong. Like you, I know the garage access, especially now, is extremely limited and there are always surveillance cameras scattered around the garage area. Now the FBI is involved (overkill IMHO), so I'm sure somebody is really sweating right now.

Penguin
06-23-2020, 08:03 AM
Nothing makes any sense Jimmy.

A joke gone bad? Maybe, but I have trouble coming up with one single person I know who would think any black person would find that humorous. I mean you have to know that this would go over like a wet fart in church. Right? What's the thought process for that?

"Well I would burn a cross but we have too much flammable shit in here.... I know! Everyone likes a reference to a lynching! Especially in a NASCAR garage... The guys will love it!"

Huh? I really can't even wrap my mind around that. Nobody is that stupid are they? Plus the guy seems to be a pretty well liked character in the garage. There's always politics and backstabbing in any and all levels of NASCAR (I could write a book on it)... but the kind of personal animosity it would take to do something this insane?

And if it was serious? Then I really can't wrap my head around it. That is unadulterated madness. NASCAR has spoken and this kind of shit is not welcome. They're trying to keep their nose above the water line as it is. And not doing that well from the looks of it.

I'm completely at a loss on this one.

Will

Buckrub
06-23-2020, 08:33 AM
Well, I think someone needs prosecuted to the full extent. But I'm not having any trouble wrapping my head around it. If you are an observer of reality, you'd have to know that all this BLM stuff, and yelling "Racist" at every white person you see................and many are indeed saying that the simple act of being white is racist, which is known as "Blood Guilt"......and so they are the only ones that will incite violence to further their cause? They've made racists out of people that never were racists.

The country was probably 99% together on the George Floyd event. Probably never more racially united than at that time. So what did they do? Went crazy and decided they'd tear down America. If you think that's not going to incite the same fervor and insanity from the "other side", then you're not paying attention to life.

Simple observation.......violence is wrong both ways, but each side thinks it's only ok for them. The real issue? The real issue is that there ARE two sides.

Thumper
06-23-2020, 09:47 AM
Willy, I agree with you ... I should have said "tastless prank" instead of joke ... if that even makes a difference. It may be a stretch (a BIG stretch probably), but Bubba is fairly popular with the other crews as far as I can tell. It's always possible some a-hole just wanted to make an "in your face" point, but there "could" be a flip side. "Could" with a capital "C". There may be some team member who's in "hiding" right now due to his "prank" badly back-firing on him, knowing that nobody will believe it was just a "joke".

Case in point: Some would consider this totally tasteless, racist and even possibly criminal (these days).

Now, I'm going back a few years, but in the early-80's I was managing a Cadillac dealership in Hollywood, CA. I had hired a black mechanic who became VERY popular with ALL of us ... AND he was a damned good mechanic. I can't think of an enemy he could have possibly had. Our shop was a close group and even though I was "management", I was looked at as a friend to all and we all participated in after-hours activities, etc. (although management 101 tells you that's not always a good idea). I'm going to be a bit careful not to print his complete name here in case it ever gets Googled for some reason and pops up for someone who may be offended, but his last name is Slade. TO US he was "Slade the Spade" or "Oreo". We'd many times have Cadillac limousines in for repair and if one needed a road test, we'd have Slade wear a limo driver's hat and we'd pile in the back and have him drive us to lunch. Once we arrived, he'd promptly jump out, open the rear door for us and we'd exit. He'd then park the car and join us for lunch. It was always a great "joke" and we'd many times laugh about those lunches over a beer or 10 at one of our after hours get-together's. As a group, we many times took weekend outings, usually to the Colorado River where we'd camp, fish and go boating for the weekend ... Slade was ALWAYS part of our group. I remember one weekend just Slade and I made a run up to Vegas and shared a hotel room. That's how close we were.

Now, if anyone outside of our group ever even hinted at verbally (or any other way) abusing him racially, they'd have probably ... no, WOULD have been taken down a few notches by any one of us! I eventually promoted him to Shop Foremen, but before I made an official announcement, I'd had a professional sign company make up a sign that simply said, "HNIC". I called a service meeting one evening and made the announcement that he was now the new Shop Foreman and the whole crew was there to congratulate him. We then walked him back to his "new" office which was in the back of the Service Department over-looking the shop floor. I'd arranged for the "HNIC" sign to be attached to his office door as we were in our meeting. Now, if you haven't figured it out already, HNIC stood for "Head Nigger in Charge". It was a great joke and was enjoyed by all ... INCLUDING Slade! Of course we removed it before we opened for business the next day.

I guess what I'm saying is that all of the above could be looked at as VERY racial, very inappropriate and possibly even criminal as far as I know. If anybody outside our group had witnessed many of the pranks and jokes we'd pull on each other, NOBODY would have seen it as "funny". Also, I'd have to think that if UPPER Management had gotten wind of some of our shenanigans, I'd have probably been fired! Maybe not back then, but surely in today's "walk on eggshells" work environment.

Anyway, that was almost 40 years ago and I'm still friends with "Slade the Spade"! In fact, he just emailed me on Father's Day. He's retired now and fishing every chance he gets.

airbud7
06-23-2020, 10:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkRHgrfFGX0&feature=youtu.be

quercus alba
06-23-2020, 01:09 PM
21 century definitions. racist. Noun, any individual of caucasian persuasion that disagrees with minority viewpoint . Also any individual of caucasian persuasion who agrees with minority viewpoint.

AntiChrist. Noun, any individual who is of southern caucasion persuasion.

Buckrub
06-23-2020, 02:09 PM
The Redneck, Far Right, White Nationalist, Prejudiced, Racist answer to what happened. :D :D :D

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/06/23/fake-noose-the-nascar-bubba-wallace-rope-noose-was-a-purposeful-hoax/

P.S.
I never heard of this website till 5 minutes ago. So no, I don't subscribe. Just pulling a Thump.

Thumper
06-23-2020, 02:10 PM
Huh????

Buckrub
06-23-2020, 02:13 PM
21 century definitions. racist. Noun, any individual of caucasian persuasion that disagrees with minority viewpoint . Also any individual of caucasian persuasion who agrees with minority viewpoint.

AntiChrist. Noun, any individual who is of southern caucasion persuasion.

Vince, I actually saw two different black "pundits" on tv in the last week that said that it would be literally impossible for any white person to NOT be racist. Both had long diatribes of why that just HAD to be so. One was asked "what about the white liberals who love you?" and their answer was that nope, those are also racist. The other one also said that "it would be best" if white people didn't exist.

So there's no reason to try and have a 'dialogue' or debate or discussion, I assume. No point in it.

Buckrub
06-23-2020, 02:13 PM
Huh????

Just stirring the pot. Which can also be said as "Pulling a Thump".

Thumper
06-23-2020, 02:23 PM
Just stirring the pot. Which can also be said as "Pulling a Thump".

:thumbsup