PDA

View Full Version : When is it racist?

Thumper
06-24-2020, 08:33 AM
This NASCAR "noose" b/s has me baffled. Has anyone seen a PHOTO of this so-called "noose" posted anywhere? I read a blog that stated ALL the shop doors in the garage area have a loop at the end of the door pulls and Wallace's was no different than the rest of them. Truthfully, I find that hard to believe or they wouldn't have rushed 15 FBI agents to investigate this terrible, racist "hate crime". But who the "F" cares? Clearly some crew member was bored one day and possibly fashioned a "noose looking" loop on the end of the pull ... at LEAST a year ago or so, maybe longer. It's been there all along and never raised an eyebrow until Wallace was assigned that particular stall ... at random! This b/s is getting totally out of hand and now half the idiots in the world are just looking around for ANYTHING they can claim is offensive. STOP IT NOW ASSHOLES!!

Many times, Lynn and I drive to Tampa to eat since there is a much larger variety of restaurants there compared to our sleepy little town. There are times we'll go and feel like having what is generally referred to as "Soul Food". There are "soul food" restaurants all over town and we occasionally go to a place called Edna's Soul Food. Here's a pic of Edna.

There are literally dozens of "soul food" restaurants in town, to my knowledge, all black owned and operated. We've been to a few of them ... Mama's Southern Soul Food Restaurant for one. It's located on Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd. (who'da thunk it?). We've also been (once) to Auntie's Soul Food. They all have similar menus .... fried chicken, catfish, ribs, ox tail, pork chops, "chitlin's", cornbread, greens, black-eyed peas, lima beans ... well, you get the idea. SOUL FOOD. But when is soul food considered racist? I guess when somebody decides they want to raise a stink. Here are a couple of examples:

A chef at NBC decided to make a special menu to honor Black History Month with this menu:

People were "offended" and the protests took off about this "racist" menu! It caused a "Twitter storm" where offended individuals raked the chef over the coals. Duh! The chef was BLACK ... but I guess that didn't matter ... "somebody" just decided it was offensive so everyone jumped on the band wagon.

Here's one from a school in California:

A private girls' school in Northern California wanted to incorporate Black History Month into lunch time, so it decided to serve fried chicken, cornbread, and watermelon. As the Associated Press reports, school officials are apologizing because that was a really, really horrible idea. The school's principal wrote a letter to parents, who were offended, and said the school doesn't "perpetrate racial stereotypes." Unfortunately, that's exactly what they did.

Now, my question is, don't the bazillions of "soul food" restaurants in this country "perpetrate racial stereotypes"? WTF? Is it "do as I say, not as I do"? Where (and when) is this "I'm offended" bullshit gonna end? I have no idea where the line is drawn ... not that I really give a fuck ... I'm too old to change. I happen to like fried chicken, cornbread and greens .... and a nice slice of watermelon for desert would be nice. Does that make me racist? There are a LOT of soul food restaurants out there making good money selling their racist food. Shouldn't SOMEBODY be offended and demand an end to it?

Buckrub
06-24-2020, 11:38 AM
The most radical of the "movement" has said, and I've heard them on about 5 occasions during interviews, say that the very act of "being white" makes you a racist and you cannot absolve yourself of that..........thus, you must obey, and bow a knee, and be obedient to their wishes. If you do not, that just proves you are the racist they claim you are.

When Floyd was killed, I'd guess 99% of America came together on that. Now, it seems that these folks are making racists out of people who never were racist. They are actually demanding segregated hospitals, and schools, at least the "official" movement, per interviews I've seen plus reading their website. Since they are getting 100% of everything they're demanding, I guess they'll get that too. Sets us back at least 50 years, if not 100.

quercus alba
06-24-2020, 11:55 AM
I've got a black lab that I got from a black guy but he's got a white spot on his chest. Does that make him racist?

Thumper
06-24-2020, 12:05 PM
They are actually demanding segregated hospitals, and schools, at least the "official" movement, per interviews I've seen plus reading their website.

Huh? Wait!! WHAT??? I'll admit, it's been a while since I've watched ANY news. One, I've been really busy and two, I got sick and tired of the wall to wall, 24/7 coverage of the Floyd killing and resulting "protests" (read; riots).

So, you're telling me "they" want to resurrect Jim Crow and throw out Brown v. Board of Education???

Thumper
06-24-2020, 12:09 PM
I've got a black lab that I got from a black guy but he's got a white spot on his chest. Does that make him racist?

No, that makes him mulatto. ;)

Buckrub
06-24-2020, 02:11 PM
Huh? Wait!! WHAT??? I'll admit, it's been a while since I've watched ANY news. One, I've been really busy and two, I got sick and tired of the wall to wall, 24/7 coverage of the Floyd killing and resulting "protests" (read; riots).

So, you're telling me "they" want to resurrect Jim Crow and throw out Brown v. Board of Education???

Well the label of "They" may or may not be fair. But people who CLAIM to be BLM supporters, leaders........have indeed said they want black hospitals where only black doctors can work on black patients, because they fear all white people since they are all racist and they might do more harm to black people than a black doctor would. Now you can try and tell me that's hyperbole, but I have heard it on several occasions. I guess I am watching way more 'news' than I used to lately, yes. And from multiple sources. But I'm not stretching this, or reporting it incorrectly, I don't think. Yes, that's what they have said.

I haven't done it lately (well I did about 2 weeks ago) but the BLM website spells out their 'demands'.

Buckrub
06-24-2020, 02:18 PM
Apropos of nothing................just last week I got a phone call. Black lady, older than I am, called me. She had run into mother at the bank a few weeks ago and exchanged talk, and mother was going to give the lady her cell number but they got distracted. She figured out how to find me, and ask for mother's number so she could call.

This lady was sort of the nurse and helper for my grandparents before they died. Grandmother had a stroke and was not easy to care for. This lady was their 'caretaker' for many years.....paid of course. But she was, and is, the salt of the earth. She had not talked to mother in years, and to be honest, I thought she was gone. But she was vibrant and such a joy to get to visit with again. I have missed her for years.

It was hard to catch her up on current events, because I had to go through the events with our grandson's death. Tough to talk about. But oh my she was such a lady, such a fine human being. And we talked some about the "current generation" and the state of our world. She and I were, and are, on exactly the same page. From her talk, it appears most of her family is also.......except for her son. She is trying to be the right example. The world needs more of her.

This has just been such a sad, sad year so far. But that was a bright spot. Not sure why I told it........other than to say that FINE black people do exist, I know a bunch. But BLM ain't among 'em.

Buckrub
06-25-2020, 11:55 AM
Thump, just saw story about Tampa police chief.

Go contribute to him, and tell him thanks. I need Florida to be calm before December, ok? And finally we hear of someone who isn't going to bow in obeisance to a cause founded on a falsehood. (Course, he'll probably get fired).

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tampa-police-chief-blm-protests-not-peaceful