PDA

View Full Version : Wallace name-calling cost him $15K fine.....

Big Muddy
06-25-2020, 12:48 PM
"""Apparently, NASCAR does not take kindly to having its race officials called "muppets" on social media.

That obviously is the reason NASCAR fined Darrell "Bubba" Wallace $15,000 on Wednesday as a behavioral penalty, cited under Sections 12.1; 12.8 a; 12.8.1 b of the NASCAR Rule Book. Those sections pertain to disciplinary action and NASCAR member conduct.

Wallace criticized NASCAR officials on social media following the last Friday night’s Subway Firecracker 250 XFINITY Series race at Daytona International Speedway, calling them "muppets" and saying the way they handled the controversial ending of the race was "a joke."

His complete tweet is here: """Got the muppets officiating up there, tonite....whatta joke."""

The finish was reviewed by NASCAR officials as the race ended under a caution flag they appeared to be slow to throw, and Aric Almirola was declared the winner.

Wallace was in the top five on the final restart of the race, but was one of many drivers caught up in a multi-car wreck on the final lap.

Wallace, who drives the No. 6 Roush Fenway Racing Ford in the series and is ninth in the points standings, ended up finishing 20th at Daytona.

To review what rules NASCAR is saying he specifically violated, Section 12.1 of the rule book deals with the general procedure for a violation of NASCAR rules; Rule 12.8 a deals with NASCAR membership and member conduct; and Rule 12.8.1 b deals with potential penalties and details having to do with member conduct.

Joe-Menzer
Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
NASCAR Xfinity Series

quercus alba
06-25-2020, 01:07 PM
Making friends everywhere he goes

Buckrub
06-25-2020, 02:08 PM
FBI released pics of the rope. I admit it does look more like a noose than a simple end to a garage door pull rope. But maybe these garages are more heavy duty doors, probably are. Also odd that it was the only one they found like that. But still, it was there long before Wallace ever knew he'd have that garage. Whole thing is just weird.

Phelps said that the internal probe learned that the noose was not present at the beginning of the October Cup Series weekend at Talladega, but was there at the end. However, he said there isn’t enough evidence to determine who created it or why. The NASCAR investigation also looked at 1684 garage stalls at tracks across the country and found only 11 with pull-ropes that had knots tied at the end, but the one in Wallace’s garage was the only one that looked like a noose.

quercus alba
06-25-2020, 03:42 PM
They'll stoop to any level to keep from admitting they were wrong. I dare say they didn't look too hard. I've seen as many with loops in the end as I have without. Gives you a handhold.

I hope NASCAR fans turn their backs on them and the whole shebang goes bankrupt. More integrity in pro wresting

Buckrub
06-25-2020, 04:37 PM
KKK

quercus alba
06-25-2020, 05:00 PM

airbud7
06-25-2020, 05:46 PM
guess what's next!

Buckrub
06-25-2020, 05:46 PM
You know what? I ain't black but after thinking on this for days, my problem with this kid ain't that he's black. I ain't even sure what I am. I put "Unknown" on the census. (Seriously, I do.....because I don't know, I only have superficial evidence, and besides, I don't care). But my problem with this kid is that he's a titty baby. A whiny little kid. Sorta like a whole bunch of the XYZ Triple Millenial or whatever group he's in. They can't stand being offended. Poor little things.

What he should have done is walked over, cut the danged noose down, thrown it on the ground, and gone on about his day. He HAD TO KNOW that this wasn't some choreographed effort of all of Nascar, that even if real it was/is the work of some yahoo. Yahoo's exist, son. Get over it. Don't stoop to their level. But.............he did.

johnboy
06-25-2020, 06:44 PM
Yes, what Bucky said.

airbud7
06-25-2020, 06:51 PM
Thumper hit the nail on the head the other day when he said something like this...

............."did anyone really know who Bubba Watson was 2 weeks ago?"...............

Everything became clear after that post.....Attention!....Hollywood media Attention!...

Another thing!...NASCAR will have to give Bubba Wallace the "most popular driver award" because he truly is the most popular driver!!!....Now you see how that "attention thing" works.

$$$Look at me!$$$