PDA

View Full Version : Sewer Jetter Knowerabouters

BarryBobPosthole
07-06-2020, 11:01 AM
I have an outdoor drain that has gotten clogged with pine needles. anybody ever used a sewer jetter nozzle on a power washer to clear a clog in a drain like that?

BKB

Thumper
07-06-2020, 11:49 AM
Many, many, many times. In fact I own a couple. Even had a contract with Mobile Oil to do monthly maintenance on their phosphate washer lines (clearing the pipes of sand, etc)

Not sure how well they’d work with pine needles though.

What’s your persact question?

BarryBobPosthole
07-06-2020, 12:19 PM
I was wondering where to find one and if there is a particular kind to get. And how well they work.

BKB

Big Muddy
07-06-2020, 12:49 PM
1.) Hire a guy with a jetter truck to do it right.....a couple hunnert bucks.
2.)Then, hire a tree man to cut down those day'um pine trees.....no more pine needles or pine cones.....I cut down every day'um one in my yard.....best thing I ever did!!!

Thumper
07-06-2020, 01:16 PM
I have to agree with you Muddy. I used to have nine HUGE pines in my front yard. Lightning took out the first one, hurricanes got the rest of them. My neighbor loves me for it. Have you ever tried to get pine needles out of your screened pool enclosure? It’s impossible! They have to rot away! Just a couple oaks and a camphor tree in front now.

P-hole, there are TONS of variables needed to answer your question. Size (length/diameter) of pipe. Pressure (PSI) and more importantly, GPM of your pump. That will all determine the size of the head (orifices) and what you can expect to do with all of it.

TBH, dealing with pine needles, I’d say your best (DIY) bet would be to rent a professional grade snake unit. I’d think it’d be a lot cheaper and prolly do a better job, unless I’m missing sumpin’ here.

Big Muddy
07-06-2020, 02:27 PM
Here ya go:

https://youtu.be/bglxbAgM6bQ?list=PLIC4ygRfFhqpukZJBF1-lJMpTpL2gP3tw