PDA

View Full Version : Thought for today..

johnboy
07-08-2020, 01:56 PM
"It doesn't matter how smart you are unless you stop and think." Thomas Sowell, a REALLY smart man.

Thumper
07-08-2020, 02:30 PM
I think Sowell is probably one of the smartest individuals I've ever read. He's a bit long in the tooth now, but I think he probably would have made the best President this country has ever had (if he'd have ever decided to run).

As you say .... a REALLY smart man. :encouragement:

johnboy
07-08-2020, 03:22 PM
I'd never heard of him until a year or so back when a guy on Twitter started posting some of his thoughts. I was instantly hooked by his straight forward views. We need more people like him, especially now.

How about this: you can lead a man to the truth but you can't make him think.

Thumper
07-08-2020, 03:38 PM
To be honest, I was the same and I believe it was Bucky who mentioned him here years ago. I decided to see who he is and what he's all about. I liked what I saw. Just a few months ago, I sat all day watching YouTube videos of some of his interviews, etc. It was one of those things where you watch one and can't stop watching. I watched one after the other and spent the whole day at it until I finally had to call it quits and go to bed!

What is ominous is the ease with which some people go from saying that they don't like something to saying that the government should forbid it. When you go down that road, don't expect freedom to survive very long.

Buckrub
07-08-2020, 06:23 PM
To be honest, I was the same and I believe it was Bucky who mentioned him here years ago. I decided to see who he is and what he's all about. I liked what I saw. Just a few months ago, I sat all day watching YouTube videos of some of his interviews, etc. It was one of those things where you watch one and can't stop watching. I watched one after the other and spent the whole day at it until I finally had to call it quits and go to bed!

"aw shucks"..............

:D

One of the top 5 smartest men in America. Period. Anyone who disagrees isn't smart enough to disagree! LOL!!!!!

johnboy
07-10-2020, 12:14 PM
Set your dvr. Sowell will be on Levin (Fox) on Sun. night.

Thumper
07-10-2020, 12:30 PM
Cool!

johnboy
07-10-2020, 01:12 PM
Should be interesting. He is 90 years old so ...?