PDA

View Full Version : Well P-Hole ...,

Thumper
07-09-2020, 11:10 AM
Do you live on the reservation? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
07-09-2020, 12:21 PM
Yessir. Cherokee. Although its not a reservation this part of the state is within the boundaries of the Cherokee Nation. I imagine you’re referring to the SCOTUS decision today?

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
07-09-2020, 12:22 PM
Yessir. Cherokee. Although its not a reservation this part of the state is within the boundaries of the Cherokee Nation. I imagine you’re referring to the SCOTUS decision today?

BKB

Thumper
07-09-2020, 01:25 PM
Yessir.

Thumper
07-09-2020, 01:25 PM
And yessir. ;)

quercus alba
07-09-2020, 07:23 PM
So if you're a cherokee or part cherokee or have one drop of cherokee blood or maybe you just identify as a cherokee then you're exempt from any oklahoma state law? So they'll be governing themselves?

Maybe I'm being overly sarcastic but shouldn't that exempt them from state aid, unemployment, voting rights etc also? Afterall, you can't have your cake and eat it too

BarryBobPosthole
07-09-2020, 07:49 PM
I don’t know know wtf it means. I’ll leave that to you out of state jailhouse lawyers.

BKB

Arty
07-09-2020, 08:00 PM
Something tells me someone knows exactly what that means...
but answering it honestly means crossing a line set by CNN and MSNBC.

Which is verboten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
07-09-2020, 08:16 PM
The tirbes and the state don’t even know what it means yet. So far there are about 1800 cases that it may effect. Beyond that, the state and tribes have to reach agreement on criminal jurisdiction and enforcement. you know, talk. Not like the current state govern,ent is doing with the tribes. The current state government is trying to shake down the tribes for a bigger piece of tax revenue from gaming. And 5e tribes and the state are barely communicating at all except in the newspapers.
As for benefits, most tribes already take care of their plus provide a ton of assistance to schools and hospitals in the counties within their national boundaries.

BKB

BKB

quercus alba
07-09-2020, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the info posty.

Shakedown for more revenue by the government? Wasn't there a little war fought over that same thing about 160 years ago?

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

BarryBobPosthole
07-09-2020, 09:32 PM
Yep, about then and the indians lost.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
07-10-2020, 06:13 AM
https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/tribal-law-expert-calls-supreme-courts-mcgirt-ruling-most-important-in-state-history/article_1900078e-1bcf-5f45-9a37-fd82e0c9febd.html

Thumper
07-10-2020, 08:30 AM
I'll have to admit, I have to claim ignorance of the subject although many, many years ago, I was extremely interested. I dated a gal who was 1/2 Cherokee (her dad was full-blooded, mom was a white gal). Through her in-laws (and in a smaller part from her) I realized I really had no clue about how the "Indian thing" worked, so I decided to study up on it. It just turned out to be WAY too much for my pea-brain to absorb and my limited interest, soon turned to total confusion and maybe quite a bit of indifference. Deep down, (and most likely STILL based on ignorance), my general feeling is much like the slavery issue still going on today. You're black, you're an American. We don't set aside African Territories. Land all over the world has been taken, ceded/seceded, retaken, traded, bartered, bought/sold, fought over, won/lost by wars, etc. etc. etc. Treaties have been ignored, altered/adjusted, renegotiated, fought over ... you get the idea. I finally started wondering where things like this would end. Heck, Mexico would like to take back Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming if we'd "roll-over" and give it back to them. If we continue with the "you screwed my ancestors 200 years ago, so you owe ME now" attitude, the whole world would be in a major pickle. Where would it end? Heck, I should own part of Iraq or Armenia (like I'd really want to) because according to "The Good Book", my ancestors (Adam & Eve) homesteaded that property years ago.

Needless to say, this issue is way over my head and TBH, I really don't care to argue any of it (so shoot me). My "INNER" feelings could most likely be deemed totally racist and like the slavery issues of today, I feel like it's time to move on and join the 21st century. That's oversimplifying, I know, and I've probably already said too much that can be used to create tons of political fodder to throw in my face, but I guess it boils down to not really giving a rat's ass as I'm too old to worry about such stuff. My brain is full of so much useless crap, it hurts when I try to stuff more into it these days. Of course, my mom used to always tell me, if they ever cut the top of my head off, nothing but nekkid wimmins would spill out of the cavity. She was prolly pretty much correct.

Buckrub
07-10-2020, 08:51 AM
I'll have to admit, I have to claim ignorance of the subject although many, many years ago, I was extremely interested. I dated a gal who was 1/2 Cherokee (her dad was full-blooded, mom was a white gal). Through her in-laws (and in a smaller part from her) I realized I really had no clue about how the "Indian thing" worked, so I decided to study up on it. It just turned out to be WAY too much for my pea-brain to absorb and my limited interest, soon turned to total confusion and maybe quite a bit of indifference. Deep down, (and most likely STILL based on ignorance), my general feeling is much like the slavery issue still going on today. You're black, you're an American. We don't set aside African Territories. Land all over the world has been taken, ceded/seceded, retaken, traded, bartered, bought/sold, fought over, won/lost by wars, etc. etc. etc. Treaties have been ignored, altered/adjusted, renegotiated, fought over ... you get the idea. I finally started wondering where things like this would end. Heck, Mexico would like to take back Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming if we'd "roll-over" and give it back to them. If we continue with the "you screwed my ancestors 200 years ago, so you owe ME now" attitude, the whole world would be in a major pickle. Where would it end? Heck, I should own part of Iraq or Armenia (like I'd really want to) because according to "The Good Book", my ancestors (Adam & Eve) homesteaded that property years ago.

Needless to say, this issue is way over my head and TBH, I really don't care to argue any of it (so shoot me). My "INNER" feelings could most likely be deemed totally racist and like the slavery issues of today, I feel like it's time to move on and join the 21st century. That's oversimplifying, I know, and I've probably already said too much that can be used to create tons of political fodder to throw in my face, but I guess it boils down to not really giving a rat's ass as I'm too old to worry about such stuff. My brain is full of so much useless crap, it hurts when I try to stuff more into it these days. Of course, my mom used to always tell me, if they ever cut the top of my head off, nothing but nekkid wimmins would spill out of the cavity. She was prolly pretty much correct.
Y'all need a LIKE button.

Buckrub
07-11-2020, 06:22 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-homeowner-shoots-home-intruders-sheriff

Thumper
07-11-2020, 06:28 PM
Ha! Yep, I saw that on the news this morning. Three more scuzbutts off the streets.