PDA

View Full Version : If they ever invent a

quercus alba
07-19-2020, 09:46 AM
transporter I'll be sure to send you my prison address so you can send me letters because I'd sure be there. I'm torn betwixt the notion that dumbassery and smartassery are 1st cousins if not brothers. Either way, if I could transport I'd slap the spit out of some of both. For instance, yesterday my wife got wasp stung so I went online to look at home remedies for the pain and several time one answer kept popping up......avoid being stung. Well DUH.

Then I went on a Snapper forum to try to locate the proper belt size for my lawn mower. Guess what the most popular answer was? That's right, look in your manual. Look buddy, just because you're stupid doesn't mean everyone else is. If I had the manual I wouldn't be online wanting to slap dumbasses like you. I tell a lie, I always want to do that.

When I worked I suffered road rage, now I suffer from net-rage.

Where's Captain Trips when you need him?

:thack

BarryBobPosthole
07-19-2020, 10:03 AM
I’ll do this the first time as a public service, Daryl.

https://www.snapper.com/na/en_us/support/manuals.html

And as a veteran of many wasp stings I will tell you that a poultice made of cigarette tobacco and spit applied to the sting works better than anything else. Marlboro Reds work best. I’m sure chaw or dip would work too but have never tried it.
Or if you are averse to tobacco, a poultice made with baking soda and water, spit too, works almost as well. Both seem to draw the poison out.

BKB

airbud7
07-19-2020, 01:07 PM
Fat girls cook better....

Thumper
07-19-2020, 02:19 PM
Sounds like “somebody” is getting old and curmudgeonly. :)

quercus alba
07-19-2020, 02:44 PM

BarryBobPosthole
07-19-2020, 04:32 PM
One would think that a man of QA’s experience would know his way around a Snapper without a manual.

BKB

Thumper
07-19-2020, 04:50 PM
SOME people would simply measure the OLD belt. Just sayin'. ;)

airbud7
07-19-2020, 07:51 PM
Baby Powder in the wife's blow dryer helps to ease the tension....

https://media1.tenor.com/images/04d4dbe4bdff06c864286926b1395a31/tenor.gif?itemid=3971777

quercus alba
07-19-2020, 11:08 PM
Hard to get an accurate measurement on a belt that is shredded. Toro, craftsman, husqvarna and snapper Allegedly have interchangeable belts. They aren’t .

Btw, it’s 96 inches

Btw, my experience lies in other areas, I can barely spell handyman.

Thumper
07-20-2020, 07:30 AM
Just pickin' .... you KNOW that should be expected. ;)

I WILL say though, when I first read this thread, I hit my good friend Google and landed on the same page P-hole posted a link to. Not sure why you'd go to a forum ... heck, that would be like going to GoodHunting to ask a question about hunting! You MIGHT get a serious answer .... sooner or later. Heck, I'm still trying to figure out how Airbud's first response fits in here!! ;)

I did notice one statement in one of your posts ...

Toro, craftsman, husqvarna and snapper Allegedly have interchangeable belts

I see one major omission there, you failed to mention Briggs & Stratton .... you do realize Snapper is built by Briggs & Stratton don't you?

BTW, my "measure the old belt" response was just tongue in cheek. It prolly wouldn't be totally accurate, but would just give a ball park since the old belt would be stretched. BUT ... if you measure it at 96 inches and Snapper only uses 23", 42", 58", 75" and 94" belts across their product line, it'll give you a pretty good idea of what belt you're looking for. It's not the most accurate way to go and you should be able to find the correct one on the net. BTW, belt width could be equally as important as length if size is the only reference you have.

OR ... post your info here and us "ex-spurts" can prolly find it.

Type of mower? Model #? Deck size? Etc?

BarryBobPosthole
07-20-2020, 07:50 AM
My snapper pun went right over y’alls’ heads. Its hard to be entertaining when the audience is so challenged.

BKB

Thumper
07-20-2020, 08:04 AM
Ha! I caught it immediately ... but totally forgot to add a smart-assed comment when I responded. I was busy trying to remember the old remedy for wasp stings that my uncle used to use. I think he'd make a paste with water (or spit in a pinch) and McCormick's meat tenderizer ... but I can't remember persactly.

quercus alba
07-20-2020, 08:10 AM

Thumper
07-20-2020, 08:13 AM
Well, I'll be danged ... I just Googled the insect sting thing and came up with this from John's Hopkins!

To help reduce the pain and itching, consider the following:

Apply a paste of baking soda and water and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.

Apply a paste of non-seasoned meat tenderizer and water and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.

Apply a wet tea bag and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.

Use an over-the-counter product made for insect stings.

Apply an antihistamine or corticosteroid cream or calamine lotion.

Give acetaminophen for pain.

Give an over-the-counter antihistamine, if approved by your healthcare provider.

Watch the person closely for the next hour for more serious symptoms.

quercus alba
07-20-2020, 08:20 AM
and avoid being stung

:stupid:

Thumper
07-20-2020, 08:36 AM
Are we gettin' to ya' Q/A? ;)

FYI, in the military, I had a close buddy who was stung by a couple of Asian giant hornets. Those bad boys are like little airplanes! He was a tough, blood and guts, Green Beret type and it reduced him to a wad of putty almost immediately. I'm not sure if he had an allergy or if they're just that bad-ass. The fact we were on the Mekong River at the time, on the border of Laos and Thailand, it was a bit touch and go as we were about 80 klicks from the nearest military hospital. Ya' don't wanna mess with those little bastids! :hair

johnboy
07-20-2020, 11:29 AM
Murder hornet's!

Thumper
07-20-2020, 11:57 AM
Murder hornet's!

Yessir! Those are the one's Johnboy. I heard they were recently discovered up in your area, as well as Washington state.

johnboy
07-20-2020, 12:44 PM
Yup. Here on the Island. Bee keepers are tracking the nests and killing the bastards when they can. They really are murder machines to honey bees.