PDA

View Full Version : News coverage ....

Thumper
07-21-2020, 08:35 AM
Covid-19 .... race riots ... civil war statues ... upcoming elections ... who grabbed his secretary's ass 35 years ago ... child molesting pimp for the elite ... Congressional bickering .... Biden drooling while trying to remember what state he's in, etc. etc. etc. It's all I've seen on the news for months now. Are our guys still fighting and dying in the Middle East? Doesn't anybody care anymore? Or has there been a Corona Virus Truce until a vaccine is found? I guess we'll hear something once the media runs out of distractions. :huh

BarryBobPosthole
07-21-2020, 10:25 AM

This is the kind of coverage I like best. Outdoor news!

Bkb

Thumper
07-21-2020, 10:40 AM
I'd prefer that to NOT be covered! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
07-21-2020, 10:50 AM
Most of it ain’t if you’ll put on your cheaters and look.

BKB

Thumper
07-21-2020, 11:23 AM
The best parts are! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
07-21-2020, 11:51 AM
Nice wadders!

BKB

quercus alba
07-21-2020, 11:59 AM
Brett Favre just said that Colin Kaepernick is a hero and should be honored for his sacrifice just like Pat Tillman.

the Posthole postulate holds..."dumbassery abounds".

johnboy
07-21-2020, 12:16 PM
Yup. I used to be a news junky - watched all news feeds every day but not anymore. I can stand the average 'news' program for about 5 minutes then gag and change channels or more likely just turn the crap off. SSDD!

Buckrub
07-21-2020, 01:53 PM
BM's vision thread says "Closed Thread". Dunno why.

Wife has serious eye issues. Big time serious. But stable sorta for now. She had one eye done on cataract surgery, almost killed her. But she has astigmatism and had to pay $500 extra for the special lens that fixes that.

Sidebar: If you want Medicare-like coverage for all Americans, you better realize it doesn't cover much. NOT included is vision or hearing, except base cataract surgery. Not included per se is Medicine, that's Part D and always from a private company. Medicare will collect the premiums for you.

Back to eyes..........I am having cataract surgery September 8 and 29. Right eye the 8th, left eye the 29th. Scares me literally to death. But really, really need the results.

Thumper
07-21-2020, 02:46 PM
I checked to see wtf you were talking about with the closed thread comment. I see it does say "closed thread" at the bottom of the thread, but I tried to make a comment and it went through. Not sure what's going on there. Weird.

Thumper
07-21-2020, 02:51 PM
Buckster, I went in and "opened" the thread with my aDMinSySop ToOLs. I have no idea how or even IF it was actually closed, but the "closed thread" button is gone now. If you want to cut & paste your post, you can move it there if you want. Good luck with all of those upcoming surgeries.