PDA

View Full Version : A major case of the joneses!

Thumper
07-22-2020, 01:55 PM
I’ve been craving pho lately and have grabbed Lynn to head out to our favorite hole-in-the-wall pho joint with me every week now for the past month. I just finished today’s bowl and am sitting here waiting for her to finish hers. Dang! I’m not sure I’ll be able to hold out until next week. I could go through a 55-gallon drum of this stuff!

quercus alba
07-22-2020, 02:11 PM
I like Pho too but lately my jones has run in the direction of greens and beans and cornbread. I believe I'd rather have a plate of speckled butter beans, turnip greens, fried okra or green tomatoes, cantaloupe, cornbread and a big slab of onion than I would a 24 oz ribeye with all the trimmings

Thumper
07-22-2020, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I guess this quarantine thing finally caught up to me. I was going nuts wanting sushi, then when our favorite sushi joint finally opened back up, I went in, pigged out and it did a good job of scratching my jones. BUT ... our favorite pho joint opened up last month and I haven't been able to get enough of it. Right now, I feel like I could eat it daily, but I've been patient and have managed to hold it down to once per week. The problem is .... we just got home and I could go for another bowl right now!

airbud7
07-22-2020, 08:36 PM
I was gonna ask did you say poo?

Then I googled this...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/38/09/94/3809941c073a12d9ef76eabf9d67a9d5.jpg

Dam that looks Good!

I need to find me some good pho too.....

Thumper
07-22-2020, 09:12 PM
Find a little mom and pop Vietnamese joint and you’ll be off to a good start.

Chicken Dinner
07-24-2020, 07:38 AM
I would have thought this was more your tastes Jimbo:

https://www.facebook.com/221485248214905/posts/1169858476710906/?vh=e

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
07-24-2020, 07:51 AM
I would have thought this was more your tastes Jimbo:

https://www.facebook.com/221485248214905/posts/1169858476710906/?vh=e

Ha ha! Yep, been there, done that on an "adventure" to Siem Reap and Phnom Penh. Heck, I even drank the same beer (actually tried quite a few of the beers there, but not sure which one I had with the spiders). I've got pics around here someplace. I think it was the same area where I ate the tiger nads. Or was it the monkey brains? ;)

It was a hell of a trip with my SEAL buddy. We didn't do the wussy version (flying in) ... we took a car from the Thai border to Siem Reap. Now THAT was a real adventure and definitely not one for the weakhearted! :hair All dirt roads with pot holes as big as Sherman tanks. Had about 6 blown tires on the trip and bought gas in 1-quart or 1-gallon glass jugs (sometimes even Coke bottles) from little roadside stands along the way.

We even spent a couple of nights sleeping in an abandoned FLOATING school house on Lake Tonle Sap (our makeshift hotel)! The real white-knuckle ride was crossing Tonle Sap in a Cambodian fast boat to get to Phnom Penh. Of course, we picked the smallest boat with the biggest motor (and the most criminally insane driver)! I don't believe the hull ever touched the water during the crossing ... we were just riding the prop tips!

Dang ... those memories remind me of what an old man I've become these days. :(