PDA

View Full Version : Been going through Captain’s posts

Sunshine
08-06-2020, 07:35 PM
What’s the story about this turtle and who was he fishing with?
Did it bite him?

I also added more to his Gone But Not Forgotten page.
I have more, but I’m actually running out of data space to post more pictures.
Most of my usage is being used by all the “Gone But Not Forgotten Thread’s!”

Thumper
08-06-2020, 07:57 PM
No matter what it was, if it was alive, Cappy would catch it, shoot it or pick it up and play with it. That’s a snapping turtle there. I remember the pics, but not the details. It didn’t bite him, he may have caught it while fishing, not sure. They make good cooter soup, but I seriously doubt Cappy planned on doing any cooking! 😉

Arty
08-06-2020, 07:58 PM
That’s a big ole cooter!
I guaran-dang-tee you that he kilt it dead.
Probably uglied it to death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
08-06-2020, 08:02 PM
I was just thinking the same thing arty, all the critters he uglied to death, I can't understand why they ain't tore up worse

Thumper
08-06-2020, 08:40 PM
That one IS all tore up! It was a painted turtle ‘til he looked at it. 😉

Thumper
08-07-2020, 07:36 AM
We call 'em alligator snappers down here and they get HUGE! The biggest I've ever seen in the wild was when Tony and I were gator hunting one night. We spotted something in the water, but couldn't tell what it was. The closer we got to it, the more it looked like a large, dinette or dining room type wooden table top floating on the surface. When we finally got up to it, we found it was a HUGE (dead) snapper. We thought about dragging it up to a nearby small island and stashing it someplace to return later for the shell, but between the smell and the fact we had gators to catch, we just left it floating. It was before the days of cell phone cameras, but I usually had a camera (film type) along with me, so I have no clue why I never took a flash pic of it. Here's what a big one (they get bigger) looks like.