PDA

View Full Version : Worth waking up early for ....

Thumper
08-08-2020, 09:07 AM

Headed out for breakfast and a day of thrift store shopping. Spent $10.50 yesterday and it should morph into an easy $125 or more. So far, so good! Gonna take a long walk on the beach tonight just to "clear my head". Later dufebutts.

BarryBobPosthole
08-08-2020, 10:07 AM
Purty! I imagine the people behind you saw a total eclipse!

BKB

Thumper
08-08-2020, 10:37 AM
Ummm, the words “Bite Me” come to mind. ;)

HideHunter
08-08-2020, 11:23 AM
Purty! I imagine the people behind you saw a total eclipse!

BKB

Damn. I love this place...

Big Muddy
08-08-2020, 11:44 AM
^^^^^Tpost just made my day^^^^^ ;););)

Reminds me of the oldie that "Eating a Moon Pie and drinking a Yahoo at the same time will kill you".....it'll turn your azzhole into a total eclipse. ;)

Thumper
08-08-2020, 02:24 PM
I can tell you one thing for sure, if youse dufes were behind me in an evening pic, you'd all be seeing a full moon! :moon

Big Muddy
08-08-2020, 03:12 PM
No, thank you, I just had lunch. ;)

Arty
08-08-2020, 08:04 PM
I can tell you one thing for sure, if youse dufes were behind me in an evening pic, you'd all be seeing a full moon! :moon

And the gas it emits would quickly make it be dubbed the “death moon”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
08-09-2020, 08:02 AM
I need to order a new load of "Bite Me's".

Walked the beach until 2:00 am, then got back out there at 6:00 am for the last sunrise shots before we head back to the old drag. There was some low cloud cover off-shore, but I guess it just adds character to the sunrise. No matter what, I never get tired of watching the sun rise ... (I've always been a morning person).

Any time I come here, it brings back fond memories of growing up. I practically LIVED on the beach as a kid ... camping, fishing ... and later, cruising and chasin' wimmins. I remember a "roadtrip" with an old girlfriend once. We were stretched out on lawn chairs on Cocoa Beach (Cape Canaveral) and watched the sun come up on the east coast. We then had breakfast in town, went back to Orlando to hang out, then headed to Clearwater Beach and were stretched out on our lawn chairs to watch the sunset on the west coast. We had dinner in Tampa and headed home. (it's like 150 miles from Cocoa to Clearwater)

I watched beach races until I was 6 years old and the Daytona Speedway opened.

Here's a pic I took this morning and another of what the beach looked like on race day (1-month after I was born).

11830 11831

I also snagged a couple of sunrise pics although the clouds blocked most of it.

11832 11833

Thumper
08-09-2020, 12:40 PM
On the way home. It was nice while it lasted. In Orlando now at our favorite Chinese place. Been coming here for 30 years now. Gonna have a nice bowl of soup with char siu, then head on home and back to the old grind. :(