PDA

View Full Version : Irony at it's best (or random shallow thoughts)

quercus alba
08-14-2020, 04:20 PM
When Felipe Franks played for Florida I couldn't stand him and reveled when played poorly or got hammered by a blitzing linebacker but.........now that he's transferred to Arkansas, I'm hoping he's the next Johnny Unitas. Funny how your perspectives change.

I've said that to say this, keeping an open mind can take you places that you didn't particularly want to go but once you get there it might not be such a bad spot as you thought. As I've aged I've mellowed and some of the concrete certainties I've had are neither as concrete or certain as they once were. I've moderated my thinking politically, culinarily, spiritually, ecumenically,and grammatically. If we think that Covid isn't going to change the landscape of this county and we'll have things go back to what they were before then we're all in for a surprise. Me, I'm not gonna get worked up about politics, Covid, or sports until it cuts into my fishing or nap time. I'm going to give the future a chance and just go fishing when times get tough. If it's raining then I'll think about sex. Or maybe sex while fishing

BarryBobPosthole
08-14-2020, 04:25 PM
Do you mean sex during fishing or fishing during sex?

BKb

quercus alba
08-14-2020, 04:32 PM
either or. it doubles my options and occupies my mind longer

HideHunter
08-14-2020, 08:11 PM
well put..