PDA

View Full Version : Ok you bunch’a bozos ....

Thumper
08-28-2020, 07:19 AM
We’re headed out the door to spend a few days on the coast. West coast this time. More “blue hairs” than bikinis. 😩

Later dufes!

BarryBobPosthole
08-28-2020, 07:31 AM
Hopefully no blue hairs in bikinis or blue hairs sticking out of bikinis. Most of them them had their heyday in the 70’s ifyouknowwhatImeanandIthinkyoudo.

BkB

Thumper
08-28-2020, 07:39 AM
Yep, those were the bush days ..... BEFORE the Bush days .... ifyouknowwhatImeanandIthinkyoudo. :beer

BarryBobPosthole
08-28-2020, 07:59 AM
Which part of the coast? Man, those businesses over there were probably just recovering from the red tide bullshit when covid hit. At least everyone over there will be your age or older! It was called ‘Wrinkle City’ on the CB back when I lived in St Pete.

BKB

Thumper
08-28-2020, 08:04 AM
Well, as usual, I'm packed, have the car loaded up and ready to go, but still waiting for Lynn to get ready. Normal routine ... wimmins!

Oh well, it gave me time to wish my old buddy (of about 30 years) a happy birthday today. He's the Road Manager for Crosby, Stills and Nash and has been for the past 7-8 years (he looks just like Crosby). Before CS&N, he was the road manager for the Rolling Stones. Before the Stones was Jackson Browne ... before that Joan Baez (met her when I met up with Crook over in Clearwater for a concert here). He's one heck'uva nice guy. Happy Birthday dude!

Thumper
08-28-2020, 08:33 AM
Ok, now we are REALLY leaving. I'll catch youse dufes from the beach. Adios!

BarryBobPosthole
08-28-2020, 08:35 AM
l8r dude.

BKB

Bwana
08-28-2020, 08:46 AM
Have fun!

Big Muddy
08-28-2020, 08:58 AM
Send us a pic of you snorting some squid testicles. ;)

Thumper
08-28-2020, 09:03 AM
Finally on the road with my designated driver. Yep P-hole, we’re staying in Ft. Myers Beach, where the richer wrinkles hang out. ;)

quercus alba
08-28-2020, 09:07 AM
Who's that loser Crook's hanging out with?

BarryBobPosthole
08-28-2020, 10:16 AM
The thing I remember most about Fort Neyers is turrible traffic to go through on our way to Sanibel. And an awesome fruit stand that sold canteloupes that are so sweet it’ll give you cavities.

BKB

Thumper
08-28-2020, 09:06 PM
I don't really have much trouble with traffic down here, maybe they've improved the traffic flow over the years. (?) Actually, Ft. Myers is one of our favorite hang-outs and we usually spend a weekend down here every couple of months.

Q/A ... he's lucky to know me. :wink

Thumper
08-29-2020, 09:52 PM
Wow! Last night we tried a new place for dinner. How could we go wrong with all-you-can-eat sushi, nigiri and sashimi?! Good choice! Tonight, the biggest, baddest bowl of pho I’ve ever had! Dang, that bowl was ‘bout big as a bathtub! Tomorrow? Gonna hit my favoritist bbq joint in the world, Smokin’ Joe’s. I’m gonna have to take a week off to recover! 😉

Thumper
08-30-2020, 11:02 AM
Ok P-hole. We’re on Sanibel right now, ya’ want me to find a seashell for you? Oh yeah, no traffic at all coming over. We’re Kicking back by the pier and the lighthouse right now. Come on down! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
08-30-2020, 02:41 PM
I always liked to walk through the Ding Darling Wildlife Sanctuary, but don’t forget your bug spray. I always like to eat ata place up on the north end of Captiva, a out as far as you could go. Amazing seafood. But the name escapes me. I know its a hostorical place of some sort too.
BKB

Thumper
08-30-2020, 06:13 PM
Not sure P-hole, but you're prolly talkin' 'bout Old Captiva House. I think it's where an old 1-room schoolhouse used to stand 100 or more years ago. They totally remodeled and renovated the place a year or two ago, but it's still there.

HideHunter
08-31-2020, 09:29 AM
Ding Darling refuge should'a been in Iowa. ;) His cartoons are timeless.

BarryBobPosthole
08-31-2020, 10:51 AM
The guy had a big impact on stuff we all love. Being a birder, HH would have a ‘field day’ at the Wildlife Refuge down there.

Jim, my sis and her husband were down that way when all the bad red tide stuff was happening on the west coast of Penisville.
Have the fisheries rebounded there?

BKb

Thumper
08-31-2020, 01:07 PM
The guy had a big impact on stuff we all love. Being a birder, HH would have a ‘field day’ at the Wildlife Refuge down there.

Jim, my sis and her husband were down that way when all the bad red tide stuff was happening on the west coast of Penisville.
Have the fisheries rebounded there? BKb

They're looking pretty healthy now and have rebounded well, but on the side of caution, they've decided to keep the recreational season closed on snook, redfish and sea trout until May of next year.

BarryBobPosthole
08-31-2020, 01:11 PM
That’s a lot of people out of work. You have to be equipped to go 70-80 miles out to get offthe continental shelf.

BKB

quercus alba
08-31-2020, 03:38 PM
I'm identifying as a fat ugly female liberal college professor and I'm offended that y'all are talking about vacationing in a ritzy location where poor under privileged minorities aren't welcome. It's criminal and racist, you both should be ashamed and have your guns taken

BarryBobPosthole
08-31-2020, 03:53 PM
I don’t know about now, but back when I lived there it wasn’t ritzy at all. It was I always referred to as ‘Flipper Florida’ or in other words ‘Old Florida’ like it was in that movie. The West Coast of that state has some of the most interesting places in the whole state. And interesting people too!

BKB

Thumper
08-31-2020, 05:17 PM
It's pretty much of a mixture nowadays. High bucks beach homes, yuppie types using the bike trails, families and tourists as well as the fishermen using the pier. The atmosphere is quiet and relaxing ... one of those areas where you set up your beach chair with maybe an umbrella and a cooler to just chill. The laid back atmosphere could have something to do with a $500 penalty if caught with alcoholic beverages. When observing the conservative, family type crowd that's drawn there, I can't really say the alcohol ban is a bad thing. Extremely clean, quiet, uncrowded and stress free actually. No complaints.

BarryBobPosthole
08-31-2020, 06:09 PM
Reminds me of Lido Beach. A lot of ladies went topless there back in the day, and you could light up a jay and look at the sights but the second you opened a bottle of beer the popos were on you like ugly on a Thumper.

BKB

Thumper
08-31-2020, 06:44 PM
I gots yer "ugly" hangin' Okieboy! ;)

Yep, the world (in)famous Lido Beach! The place us youngin's would go to become amateur voyeurs! :biggrin

It was fun while it lasted ... but came to an end about 35 years ago .... well, officially that is. It's still pretty secluded and some are still known to push the limits, especially when cell phones make it easy for the "coconut telegraph" to provide an early warning system if the po-po is in the area. Of course, the boaters know all the locations of secluded islands where nekkidness can be pretty prevalent.

I believe the only legal nude beach left these days is Haulover Beach down toward Miami. It's well marked so the unsuspecting Yankee visitors don't stumble upon it with kids in tow. :hair