PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter To The NFL PLAYERS.......

Big Muddy
09-03-2020, 11:48 AM
I did not pen this.....I only posted it because I feel the same way, only more so.

Open Letter To The NFL PLAYERS. The Boycott is coming.

You graduated high school in 2011. Your teenage years were a struggle. You grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. Your mother was the leader of the family and worked tirelessly to keep a roof over your head and food on your plate.

Academics were a struggle for you and your grades were mediocre at best. The only thing that made you stand out is you weighed 225 lbs and could run 40 yards in 4.2 seconds while carrying a football. Your best friend was just like you, except he didn’t play football. Instead of going to football practice after school, he went to work at McDonald’s for minimum wage.

You were recruited by all the big colleges and spent every weekend of your senior year making visits to universities where coaches and boosters tried to convince you their school was best. They laid out the red carpet for you. Your best friend worked double shifts at Mickey D’s. College was not an option for him. On the day you signed with Big State University, your best friend signed paperwork with his Army recruiter. You went to summer workouts. He went to basic training.

You spent the next four years living in the athletic dorm, eating at the training table. You spent your Saturdays on the football field, cheered on by adoring fans.

Tutors attended to your every academic need. You attended class when you felt like it. Sure, you worked hard. You lifted weights, ran sprints, studied plays, and soon became one of the top football players in the country. Your best friend was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division. While you were in college, he deployed to Iraq once and Afghanistan twice. He became a Sergeant and led a squad of 19-year-old soldiers who grew up just like he did. He shed his blood in Afghanistan and watched young American's give their lives, limbs, and innocence for the US.

You went to the NFL combine and scored off the charts. You hired an agent and waited for draft day. You were drafted in the first round and your agent immediately went to work, ensuring that you received the most money possible. You signed for $16 million although you had never played a single down of professional football. Your best friend re-enlisted in the Army for four more years. As a combat tested sergeant, he will be paid $32,000 per year.

You will drive a Ferrari on the streets of South Beach. He will ride in the back of a Blackhawk helicopter with 10 other combat loaded soldiers. You will sleep at the Ritz. He will dig a hole in the ground and try to sleep. You will “make it rain” in the club. He will pray for rain as the temperature reaches 120 degrees.

On Sunday, you will run into a stadium as tens of thousands of fans cheer and yell your name. For your best friend, there is little difference between Sunday or any other day of the week. There are no adoring fans. There are only people trying to kill him and his soldiers. Every now and then, he and his soldiers leave the front lines and “go to the rear” to rest.

When the National Anthem plays and you take a knee, he will jump to his feet and salute the television. While you protest the unfairness of life in the United States, he will give thanks to God that he has the honor of defending his great country.

To the players of the NFL: We are the people who buy your tickets, watch you on TV, and wear your jerseys. We anxiously wait for Sundays so we can cheer for you and marvel at your athleticism. Although we love to watch you play, we care little about your opinions until you offend us. You have the absolute right to express yourselves, but we have the absolute right to boycott you. We have tolerated your drug use and DUIs, your domestic violence, and your vulgar displays of wealth. We should be ashamed for putting our admiration of your physical skills before what is morally right. But now you have gone too far. You have insulted our flag, our country, our soldiers, our police officers, and our veterans. You are living the American dream, yet you disparage our great country. I encourage all like-minded Americans to boycott the NFL.

National boycott of the NFL is November 8th & 15th in honor of Veteran’s Day, November 11. Boycott all football telecast, all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums. Pass this post along to all your friends and family. Honor our military - some of whom come home with the American flag draped over their coffin.
Add MLB, NBA, and any other sport that kneels to this 🇺🇸

#BoycottNFL #BoycottTheNFL #NFLBoycott
#BoycottNBA #BoycottTheNBA #NBABoycott
#BoycottMLB #MLBBoycott
#USA #Veterans #backtheblue #StandForTheFlag

Thumper
09-03-2020, 12:26 PM
A can agree wholeheartedly with everything above .... EXCEPT two sentences which I am proud to say, I am not and never have been, a part of:

"We are the people who buy your tickets, watch you on TV, and wear your jerseys. We anxiously wait for Sundays so we can cheer for you and marvel at your athleticism."

Bwana
09-03-2020, 12:48 PM
:thumbsup

airbud7
09-03-2020, 09:01 PM
Well Said!!!

LJ3
09-04-2020, 07:52 AM
You left out the part where the Military guy stands to protect the freedoms of all Americans, not just the ones we agree with.

Big Muddy
09-04-2020, 11:30 AM
^^^^ Len, for everyone with half a brain, that pretty much goes without saying.....but, there's always idiots all around us who just don't give a sheeit.....those are the ones who screw up the gene pool. ^^^^

quercus alba
09-04-2020, 11:53 AM
I'm doing my part, I've been boycotting all pro sports for years now, including the king of pro sports.........wrestling. When these pro athletes start putting their $$$ into real BLM issues then I'll sympathize with their cause. When they acknowledge true issues such as leadership in the home, education, drugs and gang violence to name a few instead blaming everyone else (read police)then they'll have a just cause.

It's like the first step of AA, you have to admit you have a problem

Big Muddy
09-04-2020, 12:34 PM
^^^^^:rockon:rockon:rockon^^^^^

BarryBobPosthole
09-07-2020, 10:01 AM
Just in case any of us had lost the ability to laugh at ourselves, I’m sorry if this offends you.

BKB

johnboy
09-07-2020, 10:38 AM
The left really can't meme.

quercus alba
09-07-2020, 10:55 AM
It's facing the wrong way for me to answer that Posty

Thumper
09-07-2020, 11:31 AM
Where would I point to indicate his total disrespect for something I risked my life for?

BarryBobPosthole
09-07-2020, 12:37 PM
Where would I point to indicate his total disrespect for something I risked my life for?

You would point to the Oval Office.

Big Muddy
09-07-2020, 12:58 PM
I don't care what Phole posts here, I will NEVER believe that there is even a remote possibility that he'll vote for Biden/Harris.....ain't gonna happen.....he's got better sense.

airbud7
09-07-2020, 03:18 PM
I don't care what Phole posts here, I will NEVER believe that there is even a remote possibility that he'll vote for Biden/Harris.....ain't gonna happen.....he's got better sense.

He will probably stay home this round.....you know, that covid thing...

Plus he's in Oklahoma, The only state where every county voted Trump in 2016.....

:D

BarryBobPosthole
09-07-2020, 05:51 PM
We all want many of the same things for our country and a lot of the time you can find some of those things in candidates from either side if you’re honest about it. But not this time. In fact, its probably been since Cinton-Bush1 since you could really say that. Now its all about extremism and name calling. I won’t say who I’ll vote for, but it won’t be Trump. If the first few thousand outright lies didn’t do it, these stories of disrespect of war dead and veterans is definitely a tipping point. I hope he rots in hell.
BKB

airbud7
09-07-2020, 06:12 PM
Why do Democrats believe stories that only have "anonymous sources" ?

An anonymous source told me Biden molest little children and I believe it!.....The man is SICK!

How could anyone vote for a child molester!!!

See how that works^......it fit my narrative...

Biden Sucks...Orange Man Good!

BarryBobPosthole
09-07-2020, 06:44 PM
The sources aren’t anonymous to the journalists from four different news orgs, including Fox, who vetted the story. And there will be more to come. He’s only used our military as a prop, he’s cut the legs out from under every military leader even his on SecDef, and he’s already lied about the McCain stories which are on video.
You can believe what you want, but I think the story is credible. Past behavior predicts future behavior. Its as basic as hat.
BKB

Thumper
09-07-2020, 07:14 PM
They all suck and it’s no different (for me) than it has been since Reagan. All I do is vote for the sucky a-hole who sucks the least. That’s been Trump from the last election to the upcoming election. It ain’t the way I’d prefer it, but what are the options? There are none. All you can do these days is pick your poison. For the time being, Trump’s my huckleberry. 👍

Big Muddy
09-07-2020, 07:32 PM
Just outta curiosity, who refused the $1,200 covid money, and returned it to the US Treasury Dept. or donated it to a worthy charity???

BarryBobPosthole
09-07-2020, 07:38 PM
Not me!

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
09-07-2020, 07:42 PM
Jimbo, there’s always Kanye.

BKB

airbud7
09-07-2020, 08:28 PM
They all suck and it’s no different (for me) than it has been since Reagan. All I do is vote for the sucky a-hole who sucks the least. That’s been Trump from the last election to the upcoming election. It ain’t the way I’d prefer it, but what are the options? There are none. All you can do these days is pick your poison. For the time being, Trump’s my huckleberry. ��
This^....I do like Trump though....Heck I liked Bill Clinton too...

BarryBobPosthole
09-07-2020, 09:34 PM
Differnt strokes for differnt folks! Its what makes the world go round.
BKB

Arty
09-08-2020, 02:12 PM
The sources aren’t anonymous to the journalists from four different news org.
BKB

Name the actual people that were verified to be there at the time he supposedly said this.
Just one. Supposedly there are four.

I’ll wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
09-08-2020, 02:54 PM
Anonymous sources are used all the time. They are routinely used in law enforcement and many arrests are made using them. Law enforcement is responsible for making sure the evidence they get via that route was done in good faith. The same is true for journalists. The other shoes will drop. They always do. I’m waiting too, but in the meatime I’m saying past behavior predicts future behavior and he’s going to have to convince me it isn’t true. He’s not exactly trying very hard. So he’s defending his love of the military while he’s attacking the military accusing them of fraud.

BKB

Arty
09-08-2020, 04:32 PM
I smell bullshit.
And you know it.

Arty
09-08-2020, 04:32 PM
Did you really just equate law enforcement with journalists??

Weak....

BarryBobPosthole
09-08-2020, 05:45 PM
Nope I didn’t. I compared the level of judgement both required when using information from informants that want to remain anonymous.

Take away anonymous tips and information from LE and see how they holler. Its valuable when its appropriate.

BKB

DeputyDog
09-08-2020, 07:54 PM
I’ve also seen several named sources such as John Bolton, who is no longer a Trump fan, say it is t true and the reason he didn’t go was because the weather wasn’t good enough for a help flight and they did t have the resources to provide security for a motorcade of that distance.

Big Muddy
09-09-2020, 09:48 AM
Let's put those journalists with the "anonymous" sources on the witness stand, and see if they will swear in a court of law, that what they say is the truth and the whole truth.
Personally, I think 99% of them are full of hatred and bullsheeit.

BarryBobPosthole
09-09-2020, 10:04 AM
I’m not sure if it will be in a court of law, but I expect some of themto go public soon. Meanwhile, he is still pooping on active service members.
Why would they not have a choice whether to participate in thise payroll tax scheme?

https://www.stripes.com/news/military-personnel-can-t-opt-out-of-government-s-payroll-tax-deferral-1.644276

BkB

Big Muddy
09-09-2020, 10:34 AM
I'll believe that, when I see and hear it.....just like the law states(loosely), "without eye witness testimony, and no corpse, then it's only hearsay, but it ain't murder."

BarryBobPosthole
09-09-2020, 10:51 AM
That’ll make two of us, Muddy!

BKB

Buckrub
09-09-2020, 01:44 PM
I see why I left.

Arty
09-09-2020, 03:14 PM
I see why I left.

Left what? The reservation?

Buckrub
09-09-2020, 04:33 PM
Apparently.

LJ3
09-10-2020, 09:24 AM
Bucky's last photoshoot before leaving the reservation to find himself.

Thumper
09-10-2020, 10:28 AM
I thought he ran away to join a rock band.

Buckrub
09-10-2020, 10:39 AM
You guys are like Democrats. You post pictures of yourselves and claim it's someone else.