PDA

View Full Version : I had no clue ...

Thumper
09-03-2020, 09:59 PM
I don't drink a lot of soft drinks, but do enjoy maybe 3-5/week. We usually stock up when they're on sale then start watching for another once we start getting low. Well, we're at that point and I figured we'd stock up now that the Labor Day weekend sales are here. We went into our local grocery store (large chain) this afternoon as they had Coke products on sale for $3/12-pack (cans). While there I noticed this sign posted about every 4-5 feet on the soft drink isle.

I have to admit, I haven't been watching much news lately as I'm sick and tired of all the BLM bullshit and watching "peaceful rioters" looting and burning our cities. I had no clue we even had an aluminum shortage going on and while there, I asked one of the store managers about it. He said the sign is a little misleading as there is no real aluminum shortage, rather an aluminum CAN shortage. With the Covid thing going on, people are staying home and not going to restaurants and bars, etc, so they're buying a lot of canned drinks. The aluminum can suppliers can't keep up with the demand. Learn sumpin' new every day. Or maybe it's been all over the news while I've had my head buried in the sand. I dunno.