PDA

View Full Version : Trail Cam.

jb
09-05-2020, 07:31 PM
So what happens when you forget where you placed your trail cam ?
In the fall of 2018 #3 put his trail camera on our hunting property then somehow forgot where he put it.
After searching for it he figured someone stole it.
Today he took his kids for a hike through the property just to see what was happening and damn if he didn't find the camera right where he put it almost two years ago.
He checked the card and found the batteries went dead in May of this year, and the card contained 1,400 pictures.
Really neat to see the woods go from fall, through winter, spring and summer over those 18 months.
It did show some really nice bucks in the fall, then again in velvet in the spring, many new fawns, lots of coyotes, fox, bobcat and one big ass bear which we had no idea hung out there.
Was rather surprised at the ability of the camera to last that long, even with 1,400 images, the card was not full and would have taken more if the batteries lasted longer.

Buckrub
09-05-2020, 08:25 PM
I did that last year. Walking down a shooting lane and there was one of my cameras.
Full of bears, foresters walking the lane, a few deer, turkeys, etc. Batteries lasted almost a year.

Bwana
09-09-2020, 08:54 AM
Cool beans gents.

Bucky, do you guys have a bear season and if so, why don't you hunt them?

Buckrub
09-09-2020, 01:42 PM
Cool beans gents.

Bucky, do you guys have a bear season and if so, why don't you hunt them?

Pardon any typos. Had cataract surgery in first eye yesterday. Why not? Well:

A) No season in the zone my farm OR my camp is in. There is a season up north part of state. We used to not have them. Now we are overrun.

B) Because they have no antlers, no feathers, and taste like dog food. I view them mostly as a big ugly mean racoon. Worthless. Tear up all feeders, eat all the corn.

C) However, there are really only two things in life worth remembering.
i) Always try to be yourself. Well, unless you can be Batman.
ii) What doesn't kill you might make you stronger. Except Bears. Bears will kill you.

This is a picture taken straight down from a 16 foot tower stand last year:11860

Arty
09-09-2020, 03:15 PM
Pardon any typos. Had cataract surgery in first eye yesterday. Why not? Well:

A) No season in the zone my farm OR my camp is in. There is a season up north part of state. We used to not have them. Now we are overrun.

B) Because they have no antlers, no feathers, and taste like dog food. I view them mostly as a big ugly mean racoon. Worthless. Tear up all feeders, eat all the corn.

C) However, there are really only two things in life worth remembering.
i) Always try to be yourself. Well, unless you can be Batman.
ii) What doesn't kill you might make you stronger. Except Bears. Bears will kill you.

This is a picture taken straight down from a 16 foot tower stand last year:11860

If there was a season I bet you’d have shot it.
I would have !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arty
09-09-2020, 09:22 PM
All this trail cam talk...
One pic.
And it ain’t even a trail cam pic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
09-09-2020, 09:36 PM
Okay, here's one off one of my game cams back in May, I wasn't going to post it but since you insist

Thumper
09-09-2020, 11:26 PM
Izzat Putin? 😳

airbud7
09-10-2020, 06:00 AM
hahahaha!