PDA

View Full Version : Ha! Oh, okaaaay .....

Thumper
09-11-2020, 09:17 AM
Just doing the last minute things before heading out the door and Lynn has NBC News on the tv

Ok, I’ve personally had family in California for 50 years now. Lynn’s family has been there for three generations. I lived there myself for 12-13 years. It’s been the same forever. Tons of fires in the Summer. It burns off all the ground cover. Then Winter comes along and it rains. With no ground cover, the mudslides commence. It’s the normal cycle out there.

Well, the geniuses at NBC just informed me that the West Coast fires this year are due to climate change! Alright, here’s my clairvoyant prediction ..... what’cha wanna bet this Winter’s mudslides will be due to climate change?

I wonder if they’ll find a way to blame Al Gore’s pet project for earthquakes?

Later buttheads. Lynn finally has the cooler and suitcases, etc. loaded in the car, so I’m out’ta here. For REAL this time! 🙄

BarryBobPosthole
09-11-2020, 09:46 AM
I’m sure climate change has made matters worse, but the biggest problem in the west is they didn’t pay close enough attention to the people who lived there for a few thousand years before the prune pickers got there. Native Americans did controlled burns regularly to avoid the kinds of wildfires they have now.
But I’m sure they’re smarter now!

BKB

quercus alba
09-11-2020, 09:54 AM
people and smart = oxymoron

Buckrub
09-11-2020, 04:14 PM
Seems a lot of the fires are now attributed to arson. Of course, there can't possibly be any nefarious intent.

Arty
09-11-2020, 05:50 PM
Seems a lot of the fires are now attributed to arson. Of course, there can't possibly be any nefarious intent.

Arson and gender reveal parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Skyz
09-14-2020, 12:54 PM
I'm running out of bandwith for the list of reasons I won't be visiting CA ever again. I can't say any time I've ever spent there was particularly memorable anyway.