PDA

View Full Version : Any hot stock tips

LJ3
09-11-2020, 01:50 PM
I took a small bit of cash and opened a trading account around March with the intent of learning how to do a little trading, see if I could pick things up.

What I've learned so far:

This stuff is difficult for me to learn. Too many terms and jargon to Learn
Most people who say they know how are full of shit
Online douchebags that say they know the way are generally selling something, making me their real profit center
I doubled my money on a cheap weed stock but didn't invest much on it because I don't understand this shit
Anyone have a good stock to invest in?
I've managed to stay even or a little above my initial investment, so far.

Chicken Dinner
09-11-2020, 02:01 PM
Buy low, sell high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
09-11-2020, 02:17 PM
Diamondback Energy FANG is one of those that looks like it might pop. And its been paying a 5% dividend as well. That’s just from a quick search.
BKB

quercus alba
09-11-2020, 03:01 PM
The Joe Biden presidential campaign fund. If he gets elected then everything is free.

Buckrub
09-11-2020, 04:11 PM
You should probably buy about 100 shares of Apple. Or Alphabet.

Get out of that crap and get a Target Allocation Fund from Fidelity. Open a Roth IRA. Put money in it every month. You're welcome.

Thumper
09-11-2020, 06:01 PM
I dabbled at one time but didn't have the nerves for it. Too stressful. I have a broker who handles all of that with an IRA. He used to go with some fairly aggressive investments, but has cooled down into the bread & butter stuff once we got a bit older. (not enough good years left in us to recover in case of a catastrophic loss)

My next door neighbor used to have a high-paid executive position with a major corporation here in town. He dabbled in stocks on the side and made a ton of money with it, both for himself and for family members who let him invest for them. I don't know if it's related, but he was also a mathematical genius and even taught math for a while before entering the corporate world. He eventually quit his high paying job and opened his own brokerage. He also is no longer my neighbor since he moved out of the slums and into a hoity-toity gated neighborhood on the south side of town. I run into him occasionally, but we haven't really stayed in contact for the past 10-12 years. SO ... I guess you can do pretty well with it IF you know what you're doing.

Buckrub
09-11-2020, 07:42 PM
I had a bit once. It all went to donations to the Carmichael Children Relief Fund. I have about ninety seven dollars left.

jb
09-11-2020, 07:56 PM
American Airlines, #2 said it's about $12/share, don't count on it doubling your money overnight, but once this crap is over it will be worth more, that is if they don't go out of business first
Back in April, when everything was going down fast I told my Advisor I wanted to get into good stocks that were under valued, I already had other investments, but no just pure stocks, so far they've done quiet well, about ready to dump some more into the market, the election is sort of holding me back, not sure what old Sleepy Joe would do, I'm sure we won't see the bump we saw when Trump go elected.
Most of the time I'm about a day late with my idea's, I guess it's the Dutch in me.

BarryBobPosthole
09-11-2020, 09:06 PM
I sure hope AA makes a comeback. They have a huge maintenance facility and data center here and folks are nervous that this might be the day they lose their job.
BKB

LJ3
09-11-2020, 10:43 PM
I seem to be sucking hind titty most times.

BarryBobPosthole
09-13-2020, 10:57 AM
I’m likely all wet, but I think the reason many stocks like AA are undervalued is a: profit takers kicked the market’s ass last week, and b: the liability for businesses about how they treated covid both for customers and employees is still largely unknown. Ifcongress ever gets off its collective dumb asses and provides some clarity on liability investors don’t know whether to shit or fall back in it.

BKB

quercus alba
09-13-2020, 08:02 PM
If congress ever gets off its collective dumb asses BKB

about anything

:thumbsup :beer