PDA

View Full Version : Happy BIrhday, Income Tax

Buckrub
02-13-2013, 03:08 PM
The U.S. is 236 years old, give or take a few months.

The Income Tax is exactly 100 years old this year. It was instituted (after many years of voting it down) as a temporary 1% per household tax, to pay off the Spanish American War Debt.

In case you haven't noticed, it is no longer temporary. It is also no longer 1%.

BarryBobPosthole
02-13-2013, 03:11 PM
But in one way they got it right. If we'd require congress to friggin pay as we go for any wars they want to get us in by instituting a War Tax, I'd damn well bet you we'd be in a lot fewer of them and there'd be a lot more people wanting them over sooner. We've paid for these last two totally on the credit card. No weeping and wailing about what we're doing to our grandkids from those assholes about that.

BKB

Buckrub
02-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Amen.

Let's go one step further.

How about having to live like Posthole and Buckrub, and paying for everything as you go?? Or at least have a plan to do so and following it?

Instead, we have the last few administrations in my memory that spent like wild drunk indians.....and a Congress, regardless of which house was a majority.....that voted to let them do it. In fact, the current one will not even PROPOSE a budget, and hasn't for years. They simply don't care enough to even bother. Spend, but don't budget any at all!!! It's one thing to break your budget on some items. It's another to not even attempt to budget, as they've done.

BarryBobPosthole
02-13-2013, 03:27 PM
Now you're talking. you're on the Coburn Plan. that's exactly what he says. "I don't care what you want to enact or do, as long as you find a way to pay for it".

By the way, Coburn looked all dapper and shit with his silver goatee. I like the look. Looks like a true statesman.

BKB

Buckrub
02-13-2013, 05:11 PM
Several of 'em say it.

None of 'em vote for it.

BarryBobPosthole
02-13-2013, 05:14 PM
Coburn does.

I'm telling you, he should be our next prez.

BKB

Buckrub
02-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Wasn't fighting you. But no he doesn't vote for it. No one does, because it's not allowed to be voted on. They won't have it.

Tell you what. I'll write him in next time. I surely won't vote for Hillary and the GOP will probably run Orville Dweedledoober.

Buckrub
02-13-2013, 05:43 PM
AND

Having nothing to do with anything, except waiting on Mama to fill up that box that she is going to get me to take to the attic................

I will bet you something nice that next POTUS election that a 3rd party candidate makes HUGE waves. I don't know who it will be, no. I have no clue. But it will be someone.

The middle and the right have had enough of this Leftist B/S. Look at Thump's and HH's posts. And they are gut-puking tired of the idjits and RINO's that have been pushed on us. The middle and the left are tired of the lies and hypocrisy, and just simple ineffectiveness. There are ton of people that are socially liberal and fiscally conservative. Heck, this place is an epitome of that. Take me and Ed and Cappy out of the mix, and most folks here are that way........I won't mention any names, but their initials are Thump, and LJ, and Hank, and a lot more. You think that huge group of America wouldn't JUMP on a candidate that wanted to be highly right-wing fiscally but didn't espouse the other stuff? That is exactly what/who is gonna rise up, and really make waves. I doubt they can win, but this is not going to keep going like it is. It can't.

You heard it here first.

BarryBobPosthole
02-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Wehad an election. The American people elected this guy, not some other guy. Get over it. It'll pass. You can hate on him all you won't but it won't change a thing. I know. I been there and done that. It only causes grey hairs.
Abe was right. You can't please none ofthe people any of the time. Or something along those lines.

BKB

Buckrub
02-13-2013, 07:18 PM
I told you that for 8 years.
You paid me no nevermind.

BarryBobPosthole
02-13-2013, 07:30 PM
I know. I'm a slow learner.

I'm too old to wish the next four would go by fast just over who's the damned president though. It just isn't that important to me. Does it appear to be important to most Americans?
BKB

Buckrub
02-13-2013, 07:59 PM
Per se, it's not that important to me anymore. I said I don't watch politicians talk, ever, about anything.

I am just sad to see folks try very hard to eliminate an entire culture that I grew up loving. It doesn't seem to be as simple as ignoring whoever sits there anymore. Huge changes, divisive ones, are afoot. Just saying "Oh, it's all the same as it ever was" doesn't seem to hold water anymore. Folks are working their young butts off to make sure my grandkids don't have the same lifestyle available to them that I did. Or that you did.

Isn't that worth being upset about?

If not, what is?

Chicken Dinner
02-13-2013, 09:17 PM
I'm not offended by your description if my politics, but fundamentally I'm more little "l" libertarian. When it comes to my personal social views, I'm fairly conservative. I just don't think it's the governments place to be codifying anybody 's morals.

Niner
02-13-2013, 10:21 PM
Ya ever notice how Coburn and Cogburn are spelled almost the same?
What this country needs is a POTUS with some grit!!!

We need a Rooster. :beer