PDA

View Full Version : More Craziness From the Dick Shaped State

BarryBobPosthole
10-06-2020, 11:42 AM
Today is the last day to register to vote in Florida and suddenly due to unprecedented volume their online regisration website has crashed.

But nobody would have seen that coming would they?

Thumper why can’t those really smart snow birds figureout how to conduct an election?

BKB

Thumper
10-06-2020, 12:18 PM
Snowbirds are Democrats. When Republicans try to register, they shut it down. ;)

Penguin
10-06-2020, 12:19 PM
I'm beginning to think that is a feature not a bug. :)

Seriously. After the debacle we had the last election cycle.... I'm not sure we really do have the wherewithall to conduct elections in a fair reasonable way. And I think that is the way we want it.

When it gets to the point where making a potential voter provide ID is considered voter suppression? Draw your own conclusions.

Will

BarryBobPosthole
10-06-2020, 12:29 PM
We’ve had voter id here since the people approved the law in 2010. I don’t thinkits been a big deal here.

However. I just completed my absentee ballot this morning and the thing is the most convoluted mess of bullshit I’ve ever seen. And the clear intent is to discourage absentee voting and reduce the number of ‘counted’ absentee ballots due to technicalities. Not having to do with anyone’s eligibility or security or anything other than not stuffing the ballot into three envelopes nested into one another, one having a paperclipped copy of my id attached, with nothing in the envelope.

Real nice eh?

BKB

Penguin
10-06-2020, 12:52 PM
Exactly. Another example of foolishness from on high!

The examples are too many to easily count. Ballots in Michigan (approved by both democratic and republican operatives mind you) with the Vice President's name misspelled and therefore invalid? Absentee ballots sent to servicemen overseas with the names not matching their actual addresses? Proposed rules changes to not require signatures on mail in ballots?

I could go on for days. The list is absolutely mind boggling.

A man could make a decent case that lawyers who specialize in election law have been making the rules for their own benefit. I foresee a lot of them making a fortune in the near future.

Will