PDA

View Full Version : MAC knives ...

Thumper
10-12-2020, 11:12 AM
Ever heard of 'em? Made in Japan. I found two of them at an estate sale a few years back and they brought dang good money. I sold them as soon as I listed them. I remember I got a hefty price, but it was so long ago I don't remember how much they sold for. As I said, that was years ago and I've always kept an eye out for them, but just never run across them. That changed this week! I can't believe my luck actually. I worked an estate sale on Thursday and afterwards, I snagged a few treasures for myself. I found TWO MAC knives in a kitchen drawer and couldn't believe they'd been sitting there all day long and nobody grabbed them (prolly didn't know what they were)! The drawer was marked, $0.25 for small knives and $0.50 for large knives. I grabbed 'em for a buck total! The next day, Lynn and I were headed out of town and on the way, we made a quick stop at a local thrift store we frequent. I couldn't believe my luck! In the housewares section, I found a MAC knife for $0.25!! Here, I'd been watching for these things and now I'd found three in two days! Ok, we went on to Clearwater for the weekend. On Saturday we hit some thrift stores in town and .... WTF??? I found ANOTHER MAC knife! Again, for $0.25! It just so happens they were all different sizes and formed a complete set (MAC calls it their starter set). What are the odds? 4 knives, a full set, in 3 days at 3 different places ... and I have a whole $1.50 invested!! This particular set sells for $180 to $250, depending on where you buy them. The good thing is, mine are all from a vintage set and even more desirable! Plus all of them are in excellent condition. I don't have pics yet, but this is what they look like. If you find any, send 'em to me! ;)

9" Carving knife, 6½" Utility knife, 6¾" Fillet knife & 4" Paring knife

johnboy
10-12-2020, 01:36 PM
They look like those 'safety' knives they introduced in England to stop people from stabbing each other. Pointless exercise, I thought.

HideHunter
10-13-2020, 09:24 AM
Pointless exercise, I thought. :D

Thumper
10-13-2020, 09:53 AM
Johnboy, I sell a TON of knives on eBay, mostly kitchen knives. With ANY type of knife, even a butter knife, I have to exclude sales in the UK or Ireland. Not allowed!