PDA

View Full Version : I've got a delimma

quercus alba
10-23-2020, 09:36 AM
Tomorrow is the last day of muzzle loader season and all the signs point to go. The pros: 1) I'm batching this weekend. 2) The temperature should be perfect, highs in the 50's. 3) the area I'll be in is a big hardwood bottom that hasn't been hunted in years.

The cons: 1) If I kill one I'll have to drag it out and clean it. 2) hot coffee. 3) Bacon. 4) College football

Any advice from the peanut gallery?

Big Muddy
10-23-2020, 09:55 AM
Unless you can throw it over you shoulder, never ever shoot a deer in a hardwood bottom.....jmho. ;)

quercus alba
10-23-2020, 10:08 AM
I've got a plan for that Eddie. A 6'1" 210 lbs 30 year old with a four wheeler is on standby. He's practically an adopted son and does a lot of my heavy lifting

Chicken Dinner
10-23-2020, 11:01 AM
Call the kids if you get one, stuff a bacon biscuit in your pocket and a hot thermos of coffee in your backpack and set the DVR on record.

Problems solved...

I’m actually pondering about whether to go this weekend myself. It’s the last weekend of our four week bow season and I got a doe last weekend. I’ll be hunting hard the following 3 weeks with ML season and an out of town trip for our rifle opener. I may just try and get some stuff done around the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
10-23-2020, 11:35 AM
I’m headed home from two weeks in the St Louis area to see Momma on Saturday. Ain’t no delimma here about what I’ll be doing this weekend.

BKB

Big Muddy
10-23-2020, 12:20 PM
Indian Summer has hit us.....we've been in the 80's for about 2 weeks, and very little change is predicted.....I had to start watering my lettuce, radishes, turnips, and mustard greens.

Penguin
10-23-2020, 12:21 PM
My advice?

Quit rooting for those crappy teams for a week and watch the Badgers tonight. Then you're free to go hunting tomorrow morning. And people will recognize you as a man of breeding and integrity. :p

Will

BarryBobPosthole
10-23-2020, 01:12 PM
QA is already known as a man of breading and integrity.

BKB

DeputyDog
10-23-2020, 03:41 PM
I’ll be lucky if I get to go at all this year. I broke a bone in my arm a week ago. Playing it close to the end of the season by the time I get healed up. If I can’t, it will be the first season I’ve missed since 1981.

quercus alba
10-23-2020, 03:49 PM
QA is already known as a man of breading and integrity.

BKB

Especially the breading. there was some breading took place at my house with some catfish fillets yesterday. And speaking of breading did you know you can actually improve bacon by rolling it in flour before frying and then you also have a base for some bacon gravy

BarryBobPosthole
10-23-2020, 03:55 PM
I’m gonna bread up spme crappie filets tonight myownself.

I’m gonna pretend I’m Catholic and go for the gold on Friday night.

BKB

Thumper
10-23-2020, 04:17 PM
We're in S. Florida for the weekend. Lynn just informed me she'll be grilling tonight and when I asked what she'll be making for dinner, she opened the cooler and said, "surf & turf". I looked in there and saw a coupl'a steaks and a coupl'a lobster tails! She's got some big ol' 'maters she's slicing up for a salad, so I'll be eatin' good tonight while I watch this season's premier of Gold Rush on the teevee! :thumbsup

Chicken Dinner
10-23-2020, 08:42 PM
My advice?

Quit rooting for those crappy teams for a week and watch the Badgers tonight. Then you're free to go hunting tomorrow morning. And people will recognize you as a man of breeding and integrity. :p

Will

On Wisconsin!

Pretty much the only Big 10 team I have any real affinity for. Not sure why other than I enjoy watching those big corn fed farm boys play football and basketball.

BarryBobPosthole
10-24-2020, 02:35 AM
What a winning strategy! Just practice but don’t play for two months and then claim you’re better than all the teams that lost practice but started their seasons anyway.

Bravo!

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-24-2020, 06:39 AM
Don’t worry, Barry. They’ll have their chance to underwhelm us soon enough just like certain unnamed Big 12 teams.

That freshman QB for the Badgers sure looked like the real deal last night. Weird to see them throw the ball as much as they did and the Illini certainly weren’t prepared for it.

Arty
10-24-2020, 07:20 AM
Call the kids if you get one, stuff a bacon biscuit in your pocket and a hot thermos of coffee in your backpack and set the DVR on record.

Problems solved.

C level problem solving right here!

Chicken Dinner
10-26-2020, 12:38 PM
So, how’d it go QA?

quercus alba
10-26-2020, 02:01 PM
I got no deer, no bacon and my coffee was cold when I got back. I did manage to scare up a big pot of stew later on so the day wasn’t a total loss

Chicken Dinner
10-27-2020, 04:06 AM
No day spent afield is gonna be a total loss.

Penguin
10-27-2020, 07:24 AM
Argh....

Penthouse to the outhouse in a couple days. Wisconsin might have to put up a Craig's list ad to get a starting QB for the next month or so. :p

Will

Chicken Dinner
10-31-2020, 09:13 AM
No dilemma here QA.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201031/2c18fec9da237a8b0a00791717f1b0d6.jpg

BarryBobPosthole
10-31-2020, 09:17 AM
That coffee looks all massengilled up. Had to stop at starbucks on your way in did ya?

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-31-2020, 10:17 AM
I’m way too frugal to be buying Starbucks. $5 for coffee does definitely no meet my value prop!

BarryBobPosthole
10-31-2020, 10:24 AM
I’m not sure they’d let you have a cup of joe for $5 there CD.

BKB