PDA

View Full Version : Happy Election Day!

BarryBobPosthole
11-03-2020, 09:04 AM
All you LEO people be safe! All you Amuricans, salute! And vote!

Say a word to your man upstairs for our country today.

BKB

Thumper
11-03-2020, 09:26 AM
I "quietly" voted early and was hoping Lynn would "forget" to vote since she's not working and our routine isn't exactly "normal" these days, but not 5-mins. ago she told me we need to get dressed to go vote. DANGIT! Now I have to tell her I've already voted and she's gonna do nothing but cancel out MY vote with her California Libtard voting preferences. :angry1

DeputyDog
11-03-2020, 09:28 AM
Sounds like the turn out is huge so far.

My wife was called by several of her teachers to say they will be late to work because they’ve been in line to vote for an hour and aren’t even inside the building yet. That’s in Michigan.

I went to vote when I dropped the kids off to school and the line was all the way across the parking lot. I left hoping it will be better in the middle of the day when a lot of people are at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
11-03-2020, 09:30 AM
Yep, I voted absentee back last month.

This is my election day apparel as we gad around St Louis today. So far when I’ve worn, nobody gets it. SMDH, deplorables.

BKB

Thumper
11-03-2020, 09:35 AM
You should have voted for Bwana's sister. ;)

airbud7
11-03-2020, 09:43 AM
one of the few good things to come out of the coronavirus pandemic here was -IN PERSON- voting for the month of October.

airbud7
11-03-2020, 09:46 AM
The one thing Barry and I have in common is we both live in solid Trump States!....Go Trump 2020!

Thumper
11-03-2020, 09:55 AM
We have what is referred to as the "I-4 Corridor" here. Generally speaking, those south of Interstate 4 vote Liberal (where the Yankees have retired to) and those North of I-4 vote Conservative. I live about 3-minutes North of I-4. :thumbsup

quercus alba
11-03-2020, 10:03 AM
Today is media free day, no telly and my phone is off. I'll get up in the morning, pray for our country and turn on my computer to see who is president for the next four years and avoid all the drama. I despise all the talking heads saying stuff like "With 1% of the vote in, Joe Biden has a 14 vote lead so we're projecting him to take the 8 electoral votes from xyz".

I'll read a book or watch a video tonight

airbud7
11-03-2020, 10:15 AM
QA, you may escape election media but you will never Escape the ""your car's warranty has expired"" folks!....Grrrr, them suckers call me at least twice a day for the past 3 months!

BarryBobPosthole
11-03-2020, 10:18 AM
I’m gonna get some Imo’s pizza and a shoulder of Knob Creek and I’m gonna sit back and let democracy entertain me.
BKB

Thumper
11-03-2020, 10:21 AM
I’m so sick of those frigging car warranty calls I could scream! Stinking’ rat-bastards! I wouldn’t buy a warranty from them if I were LOOKING for one!

I’m just killing time in the parking lot now. I just drove Lynn over to our polling place to vote. Then it’s a day of running errands, going out to lunch and general goofing off for the rest of the day. I WILL be watching the election coverage tonight though.

BarryBobPosthole
11-03-2020, 11:17 AM
Car warranty commercials and Joe Namath selling medicare insurance and Magnum PI trying to steal old people’s homes are my top three annoyances in tv commercial land right now.

And its a warranty, not a warrantee. That guy needs a punch in the nose.
BKB

quercus alba
11-03-2020, 11:26 AM
I’m gonna get some Imo’s pizza and a shoulder of Knob Creek and I’m gonna sit back and let democracy entertain me.
BKB

I'm frying calf liver with mashers and gravy for my lunch. Pizza does sound good though

airbud7
11-03-2020, 11:30 AM
the worst one lately that gets me on TV is the "Boy Scouts abuse lawsuit"....

really putting a bad name into an organization that a lot of people are proud to have been a part of....lawyers should not be allowed on TV.

Edit: the Roundup cancer lawsuit is another one that I'm sick of seeing.

Thumper
11-03-2020, 11:40 AM
I remember when it actually was illegal for lawyers to advertise on tv, much like cigarette ads. I’m not sure why they changed that. Heck, lawyers are just as bad as cigarettes imho.

P-hole, the car warranty reference was concerning calls on my cell phone. That irritates the piss out of me and I’d be willing to bet I get 2-3 of them per day and have for months now. I’m sick of those bastards calling my cell with their stinking robo calls. I’m surprised Biden hasn’t promised to fix that if elected. He says he’s gonna fix everything else in the world, but he’s been in politics for almost a half century. I’d consider that being part of the swamp!

DeputyDog
11-03-2020, 11:44 AM
I’ve got a friend who is a lawyer and his opinion is that allowing advertising has allowed a lot of bad attorneys to stay in business. They used to get weeded out when it was all word of mouth.

DeputyDog
11-03-2020, 11:48 AM
Update: I went back to try to vote hoping to miss the crowd after people went to work. No such luck. The line is longer now than it was. Guess I’ll be in line a while.

I’ve never seen lines like this.

quercus alba
11-03-2020, 12:01 PM
The missus and I went to vote about 8;30. Two voting machines and 1 person at each one. In and out in ten minutes

Everywhere will really be packed about 5:30

Thumper
11-03-2020, 12:09 PM
Same here Q/A. Actually, I’ve never had to wait in ANY line to vote. I would be PISSED if I had to stand in line for hours.

This morning, I dropped Lynn off at the front door of our polling place, then went to park. I made one post here, then looked up to see Lynn already walking toward the car.

Penguin
11-03-2020, 12:12 PM
Today is media free day, no telly and my phone is off. I'll get up in the morning, pray for our country and turn on my computer to see who is president for the next four years and avoid all the drama....

Ummm. Good luck with that. Unless PA is clear cut we probably won't know for a few days. Many of their closest counties won't start counting mail in ballots until tomorrow.

Me? I will follow your lead and watch some tube tonight. Great British Baking Show or Homestead Rescue... depends on whether the wife or I have the remote. :)

Will

Thumper
11-03-2020, 12:14 PM
Ha ha ha! Willie, that sounds just like our house! 🤣

BarryBobPosthole
11-03-2020, 12:26 PM
I remember when it actually was illegal for lawyers to advertise on tv, much like cigarette ads. I’m not sure why they changed that. Heck, lawyers are just as bad as cigarettes imho.

P-hole, the car warranty reference was concerning calls on my cell phone. That irritates the piss out of me and I’d be willing to bet I get 2-3 of them per day and have for months now. I’m sick of those bastards calling my cell with their stinking robo calls. I’m surprised Biden hasn’t promised to fix that if elected. He says he’s gonna fix everything else in the world, but he’s been in politics for almost a half century. I’d consider that being part of the swamp!

Nope. No sir, that was George Bush II that was gonna fix that remember?

We discussed it thoroughly at the time.
BKB

DeputyDog
11-03-2020, 12:39 PM
Finally got back home from voting. Took just about 45 minutes overall. Longest I’ve ever had to wait to vote.

BarryBobPosthole
11-03-2020, 02:19 PM
Good job, Deppity Dawg!
BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-03-2020, 02:33 PM
I voted two weeks ago (in-person absentee) and am spending the day up in a tree. So far, the deer are cooperating about as much as the politicians...

quercus alba
11-03-2020, 02:43 PM
If you had voted for Trump you'd be seeing deer. He'll making deer hunting great again

Big Muddy
11-03-2020, 05:56 PM
As usual, our little hamlet voting precinct was very organized.....wife and I went at 9 am, and were ushered right in, ordered to apply their Germ-X to my hands, signed the book, voted, then exited.....took about two minutes total.

jb
11-03-2020, 08:25 PM
Voted by mail about two weeks ago, first time, may have to do it all the time.
Pretty heavy turn out today, Trump, Pence and local candidates were all in our little town last night, may have seen us on the national news if you were watching. Pretty big deal for us. Me, I stayed home, hate crowds, hate lines, just not my thing to "see" famous people.
I did have Air Force One fly over my house though, should have taken a picture. I'm sure the POTUS saw me wave to him.
Told the wife, I'm hitting the bed early tonight, spent the day in the woods with #3 scouting and am plumb tuckered out.
Can't do a damn thing about who wins, so I'll wake up tomorrow, to find out, if they don't have a winner, then I'll just wait another day or two, but" I WILL NOTE WATCH THE DAMN TV" maybe go out and rake leaves, or wash the car, or just take a nap.

LJ3
11-03-2020, 08:27 PM
the worst one lately that gets me on TV is the "Boy Scouts abuse lawsuit"....

really putting a bad name into an organization that a lot of people are proud to have been a part of....lawyers should not be allowed on TV.

The cause of those commercials is because scout master fucked little kids on a large scale. Not lawyers.

quercus alba
11-03-2020, 08:48 PM
If the lawyer$ really cared about what happened to the kid$ they wouldn't be taking 50% off the top plu$ expen$e$. It's all about money. If they were pur$uing the $coutmaster$ a$ criminal$ I could $upport them. Cla$$ action law$uit$ are never about ju$tice, ju$t the dollar$. Tort lawyers are for the most part some of the lowest life forms on earth

BarryBobPosthole
11-03-2020, 09:01 PM
I was involved in averycool little Explorer Scout group when I was 14-17 and we never had any of that shot ever happen. I prolly should say not that we knew of. Our local priest, FatherIvan, was our Scoutmaster and he went fishing in Canada every year and had nuns over from Fort Smith to have wine tastings. In the 70’s.
My grandson is involved for three years now and there isn’t any of that shit happening.

Not saying it doesn’t happen. But not in ,y experience.

BKB

Big Muddy
11-03-2020, 09:12 PM
"""Not saying it doesn’t happen. But not in my experience."""

Shave that ugly-azz beard, and ya might be more desireable. ;););)

quercus alba
11-03-2020, 09:17 PM
You know, he might have be seduced by a republican nun which would explain the left leaning agnostic slant :poke

Thumper
11-03-2020, 09:48 PM
I went through Cub Scouts, Webelos, Boy Scouts and Explorers. I never saw or heard of any of it. That doesn’t mean it didn’t happen (somewhere), but it sure wasn’t an issue in any of my scouting experiences.

DeputyDog
11-03-2020, 10:01 PM
My nephew just went through his Court of Honor for becoming an Eagle Scout. Far as I know he never had any issues.

LJ3
11-04-2020, 10:45 AM
If the lawyer$ really cared about what happened to the kid$ they wouldn't be taking 50% off the top plu$ expen$e$. It's all about money. If they were pur$uing the $coutmaster$ a$ criminal$ I could $upport them. Cla$$ action law$uit$ are never about ju$tice, ju$t the dollar$. Tort lawyers are for the most part some of the lowest life forms on earth

I don't disagree with any of what you said but if zero scoutmasters molested zero scouts, we wouldn't see these commercials, regardless of lawyers intent.

Lawyers caring about people.... that's a good'un right there! :D

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2020, 11:36 AM
Your message here seems to imply that the actions of a very few should be construed to describe everyone else in a group.

I need a guide for when that applies and when it doesn’t.

BKB

DeputyDog
11-04-2020, 12:00 PM
I can name two instances for you. Cops and Catholic Priests.

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2020, 12:13 PM
I can name two instances for you. Cops and Catholic Priests.

Yep, agreed.

Thumper
11-04-2020, 12:25 PM
Yep, agreed.

Ditto ...

LJ3
11-05-2020, 10:24 AM
Your message here seems to imply that the actions of a very few should be construed to describe everyone else in a group.

I need a guide for when that applies and when it doesn’t.

BKB

If you're referring to my comment, I don't see where I implied that. I think I'm on pretty solid round with saying if Scout Masters didn't molest kids, there would be no lawsuits. Nowhere have I said being a molester is requisite of being a scout master, nor that all Scout Masters are deviants.