PDA

View Full Version : I've developed a good eye over the years.

Thumper
11-10-2020, 09:26 AM
I worked an estate sale a while back and first entered the house after "closing time". They had been totally swamped since it was the only sale in town that day. I figured I'd just take a look around to see what the left-overs consisted of. I walked into the kitchen and in about 0.00005 seconds, my eyes were immediately drawn to a coffee cup sitting on the counter with elebenty-sebenteen various, boring coffee mugs (like most any estate sale). They were all marked 25-cents and I snagged it! I can't believe a shit-load of people were walking right by this treasure all day long and never had a clue. I brought it home, listed it and a Canadian buyer paid $60 for it! :thumbsup

11993 11994

Penguin
11-10-2020, 09:49 AM
Why the fuck would anyone pay $60 for a coffee mug? Christ, I wouldn't pay that much for one chiseled out of solid Parisian marble by Michelangelo himself.

OTOH, well done Jimmy. :)

Will

Thumper
11-10-2020, 10:29 AM
Ha! Willy, I've seen those things go for $95-$100, but I wanted a quick sale.

I scored big-time a few years ago when I dug a couple of dusty old boxes out of a backyard shed at an estate sale. I bought 58 of these things for a $1.50 apiece! I made a small fortune off of that treasure hunt! These are the same cups as above, but a slightly different style.

(Note: The flash photo makes them look kinda bluish)

HideHunter
11-11-2020, 03:54 PM
Following you has made me watch things.. I noticed first wife had some new things in the SA pile. . including a full set of Tupperware yellow nested canisters.. I told her I'll bet Thump would sell them.. I looked briefly - saw them anywhere from $35 to 80 bucks.. :D What did you decide to do with your knife.?. They've been sending me notices.. Some of those sell right well.. ;)

Thumper
11-11-2020, 04:21 PM
I haven't even listed that knife yet. I've been so busy lately, I have stuff piling up around me, waiting to be listed. Yessir Hide, I sell quite a bit of vintage Tupperware. It's all over the map pricewise, some is pricey, some isn't worth the postage. You wouldn't believe what some of that stuff will bring. I've sold quite a few of these little 2-cup measuring cups. They'll bring an easy $60.

That's far from an insane price. Heck, this 3"x9" snak-n-stor piece just sold a couple weeks ago for $215.00!

This little 8"x8" cold cut keeper recently sold for $202.00

HideHunter
11-11-2020, 06:34 PM
lol... amazing.. I grabbed the biggest one to put some trapping bait in and threw it in the freezer..;)