PDA

View Full Version : RIP, the Golden Boy.....

Big Muddy
11-14-2020, 12:15 AM
Paul Horning of Green Bay Packer fame passed away, today.....I met him, once, at the baggage claim area in Las Vegas.....we talked, briefly, and he impressed me to be a really nice down-to-earth guy.

HideHunter
11-14-2020, 08:21 PM
If someone/anyone asked me to name a professional football player.. I'd name Paul Horning.. (does that give you any idea how long it's been since I cared about professional sports? ) ;) Godspeed Paul.. Muddy.. I once rode 22 floors in an elevator with Buck Buchanan... I'm 5'6 - and probably weighed a buck and a half.... he's was bigger than that..;) and seemed to be a hell of a nice guy..

Thumper
11-14-2020, 09:13 PM
That reminds me of when I met George Foreman. We actually sat next to each other and chatted all through lunch, then he picked up my tab as we had almost the same birthdays! He was a big sob! I was 6' 2" and about 225lbs (in the mid-70's) and I remember he towered over me! I didn't realize he was that tall. A really nice guy.

Thumper
11-14-2020, 09:24 PM
Well, when I mentioned Foreman, it rang a bell and sounded familiar. I just did a search and dug up this old thread from over 5 years ago. I miss Cappy. :(

http://www.goodhunting.info/showthread.php?6618-May-or-Paq&highlight=george+foreman