PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Mr. Trump (attn. vets)

Thumper
11-16-2020, 11:16 AM
This is MUCH appreciated! :thumbsup

Date: Wednesday, Oct. 28, 2020

DES MOINES, Iowa — Today, on behalf of the Trump Administration and in support of America’s military members and families, U.S. Secretary of the Interior David L. Bernhardt announced at the Iowa Gold Star Museum that Gold Star Families and U.S. military veterans will be granted free access to national parks, wildlife refuges and other Federal lands managed by the Department of the Interior starting on Veterans Day (Nov. 11) this year and every day onward.

Full story and details:

https://www.doi.gov/pressreleases/trump-administration-grants-gold-star-families-and-military-veterans-free-entrance

Bwana
11-16-2020, 03:46 PM
:clap

Arty
11-16-2020, 08:13 PM
Didn’t you tell Trump to eat shit and howl at the moon just 2-3 days ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
11-16-2020, 09:19 PM
Yessir, but you’re totally ignoring the context of my posts. I also said I voted for him twice ... and if he were to run against the same bozos again and I could vote a third time, he’d still get my vote. That doesn’t mean I like the guy, I just like him better than the opposition. That’s really not saying much. Would you rather me smash your thumb with a hammer? Or stick a needle in your eye? That’s how I view the Presidential races these days. But I’ll give credit where credit is due. The problem I’m facing now is, I like free shit so much, I’m thinking of becoming a Democrat! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-17-2020, 09:45 AM
They require some sort of photo id that proves you are a veteran. If you’re like me and have always just used a copy of your dd214 it won’t work for this.
You can apply for a veteran id card here: https://www.va.gov/records/get-veteran-id-cards/vic

takes about five minutes.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
11-17-2020, 09:55 AM
Actually make that 15 minutes.

BKB

Thumper
11-17-2020, 10:23 AM
I’ve carried a VA ID for the past 45+ years, so never pay much attention the requirements. I haven’t read them, but I’d think a DD214 along with a picture id (driver’s license) would suffice. But, I agree, it’d be much easier to simply get an id.